Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
He lives!

quote:

The Syrian government has freed an American freelance photographer who was abducted after traveling to the country in 2012, according to two U.S. officials.

Kevin Patrick Dawes, 33, from San Diego, was released following many months of negotiations, said the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the details of Dawes’s release have not yet been made public.

Dawes had been allowed in recent months to call his family and receive care packages, a signal to officials that the Syrian government was moving toward releasing him, officials said. The U.S. State Department had taken the lead on winning Dawes’s release, which took place in the last few days, according to a State Department official.

Officials said the Czech Republic, which represents American interests in Syria, played a role in talks with the Syrians. The United States closed its embassy in Damascus in 2012 as the war intensified.

Dawes’s family did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

If the candidates really want to Make America Great Again, they should make this American hero their Vice President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
He'd be the sanest candidate in the race.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Too young for VP, but I'm sure we can give him State

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Fat Lowtax posted:

Surgeon General at least.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

ozmunkeh posted:

Surgeon General at least.

gently caress that

Sec Def

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Naerasa posted:

He'd be the sanest candidate in the race.

for the Republicans, at least, almost certainly

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

loving amazing

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Can't believe Caro is still alive, I hope he comes back to post about his experiences in Syria

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

holy poo poo

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

This has to be fake. I thought he was confirmed dead.

Jesus Christ, imagine how insane he is now.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
He'll still be used to GBS 1.0 rules when he comes back, so let's be easy on him as he makes the readjustment

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Fat Lowtax posted:

A person ineligible for president (under 35) isn't able to be on the ticket for VP iirc. So yeah, agreed.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

poo poo, I'd rather vote for Caro than for Donald or Ted so gently caress it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Already posted a QCS thread calling for both his unbanning and ascension to YCS IK. Please stop by and show your support :)

Or don't, whatever

idc

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Holy freaking moley hes alive? thats absolutely bonkers!! Hope he comes back

Caro for clinton vp

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
"freelance photographer" is a very generous description of what Caro was up to out there

edit:
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/718548673383309312

Distant Chicken has issued a correction as of 22:21 on Apr 8, 2016

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

The system works.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

OatmealRaisin posted:

"freelance photographer" is a very generous description of what Caro was up to out there

edit:
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/718548673383309312

oh my god

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Glenn Beck was right, we are a CIA front!

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Helsing posted:

Lol, literally lol, if it took you this long to figure it out

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Best Giraffe posted:

Lol, literally lol, if it took you this long to figure it out

I thought we only did SigInt and PsyOps poo poo, I didn't realize we were dispatching field agents to Syria.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Helsing posted:

I thought we only did SigInt and PsyOps poo poo, I didn't realize we were dispatching field agents to Syria.

Caro and Vilerat were the test cases for field work.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

A Winner is Jew posted:

Caro and Vilerat were the test cases for field work.

1 for 2 ain't bad.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Yadoppsi posted:

1 for 2 ain't bad.

Yeah, but which one was the success story?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Well Vilerat is physically no longer a goon so him probably.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
this is amazing. He's probably in no shape to be internet posting now, but one can always hope (still, odds are good he'll be in a hospital for months).

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Update: Lowtax has officially announced on Twitter that Caro has been unbanned

And now, we wait

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

A Winner is Jew posted:

Are you a Michael Bay fan?

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
We need Caro's opinions on this presidential race.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Can someone flesh out the Caro lore, I recall the crazy but I don't recall the particular details beyond what's already been posted ITT.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Vox Nihili posted:

Can someone flesh out the Caro lore, I recall the crazy but I don't recall the particular details beyond what's already been posted ITT.

he went to Libya for a while and practiced surgery with medical training that IIRC came entirely from YouTube. he then went to Syria and got arrested and everyone thought he died in a Syrian jail but has just been released

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Short version: Caro went to Libya during the civil war to fight against Gaddafi, posted a bunch of youtube videos of himself in the field, came back to the US after Gaddafi died, flew BACK out to Syria for round 2, got captured, was presumed dead, is actually alive.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I am happy the weird crazy guy is alive. Hope to read more antics from him in the future.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Spatula City posted:

this is amazing. He's probably in no shape to be internet posting now, but one can always hope (still, odds are good he'll be in a hospital for months).

tbh I am kind of expecting this guy to just show up and start wildly shitposting at any minute about how he's going to NK next

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Vox Nihili posted:

Caro is an unmedicated individual with BPD and schizoid tendancy who took out a lifetime's worth of credit card debt in order to go to Africa and play white guy.

Along the way, Caro was marginalized by those whom he attached himself to due to his tendancy to not know how to do simple poo poo like hold an IV line or prevent his AK from jamming up. Caro came back to the states; individuals attempted to notify institutions to block his ability to travel and put him on the no-fly list; turns out, the FBI tip-line doesn't really work when a person just needs to be sectioned.

So Caro, thinking the black hellicopters were after him, went over to fight with the disorganized democratic brigades made of white collar professionals in Syria before the islamist militias mounted their PR campaigns and raised awareness of their monstrocities through their barbaric acts. Along the way, Caro was captured by SAA who couldn't understand why the gently caress Americans would be so incompetent as to allow a clearly unmedicated, mentally ill individual to travel abroad, and so treated Caro like a potential COINTELPRO plant. You see, conspiracies are a very big thing in quasi-states, as the institutions cannot be trusted, and the word on the street oft takes a reality unto itself.

Russia, knowing that Americans be crazy, no, seriously, some Americans be crazy as poo poo, earned some US and western goodwill to help marginalize the dastardly turks and their sultan erdogan by convincing the SAA regime to release the mentally ill America because god drat America has one hosed up problem with mental illness.

Or so I understand things.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i didnt know about this guy but im glad this forum has gotten members on at least two (2) secretaries of state's itineraries

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I call dibs on being the next administration's special goon project.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I can't think of anything more YCS than one of us getting Ted Cruz to rescue him from the Janjaweed or whatever

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Helsing posted:

Hahahaha. Oh my loving god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
The real question is, when Caro is repatriated, should he be able to purchase another semi-automatic rifle?

• Locked thread