Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

hes on top of the freakin chest why isnt he opening it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
it was poo poo in ds2 every weapon would break before you could make it through an area

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Concurred posted:

I liked Dark Souls 2.

its illegal to troll in the dark souls 3 workout thread

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
better to rule at 30fps, than to serve at 60fps

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

they never found the guy did they?

lmao

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

Look folks like I said before, this frog has seen some poo poo and frankly I trust him to get the treasure

weakness: overconfidence

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm gonna miss reading and making posts in this thread but in a few hours I'm gonna be playing dark souls 3 and so the something awful forums will have no meaning left for me

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
holy poo poo

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I have to wait for the ps4 to unlock it like the rest of the consolailures

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

Holy christ.. Pushups are incredibly difficult..

Prepare to cry

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
welp, its the best game ever made

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
first death wasnt until the fire demon mini boss that onion bro helps you with. one of his attacks knocked me off a cliff

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
so the big swamp area is actually the royal wood/oolacile from DS1. I found a fossilized elizabeth mushroom lady in a cave down there with a book that teaches oolacile sorceries :worship:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

i found the sorceror npc and he gave me an attitude, prob cause my int wasnt high and i figured i was gonna go through the game as pure str+fth anyway so i immediately killed him, and he dropped ashes that i could give to the ash lady and she sells his poo poo lmao

same thing except I didnt kill him cause I'm a goody-two-shoes but its cool that you can still buy vendor stuff that way

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

One of the corners of the swamp has a mound of piled up mushroom people bodies.

I just found this too plus the wolf bonfire. the swamp is so huge and open that I missed so much poo poo on my way to the boss. very good swamp level, 10/10

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I dreamed about this game last night

that wasnt a dream, dark souls 3 is really out and you are really playing it :wth:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
It's hard to believe that I'm playing dark souls 3 right now but here I am. the game is perfect and I'm crying right now

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
so far I've beaten 7 bosses and not one has been just a sword and shield knight dude. every boss is super unique and has great design and gimmicks. I'm shaking

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
this is a pretty big location spoiler, not what the location is but just how to get to it the rickety bridge in the catacombs right before high king wolnir can be cut by hitting the posts tying it down, when it falls it turns into a ladder and it opens up a whole new zone that has some major DS1 call backs . I am in a constant state of awe of this game

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

a Loving Dog posted:

if you mean the guys in the swamp, the one that doesnt carry a weapon and just jumps on your head has hosed my poo poo up about 80 pushups worth of times

those dudes suck

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the berserk references in this game are very powerful

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

Replenishment is really strong especially if you're using Anri's Straight Sword or a Blessed infused weapon for some insane reason

does anris sword have a heal over time effect? thats pretty cool if so

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I've been running a faith build and yeah theyre pretty slow going. the lightning infusion which does a lot of damage if youre specced faith doesnt become available till late in the game, the blessed infusion does pretty poo poo damage but has a heal effect, and the lightning spear miracles are pretty forgettable in pve so far. the good parts are that the support miracles are really helpful and most times I could get through levels without even touching my estus for healing, just using miracles to go through damage and that the raw infusion on the right weapon means you still do pretty good damage until you get the lightning infusion or the weapon buffs later on

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

I thought Crystal Sage was harder than Abyss Watchers.

same, I got abyss watchers on my first try but crystal sage I died once or twice

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the enemy AI in this game is on point. the knights and slower enemies actually have guard breaks and stuff and back/sideways attacks so you cant easily back stab them. its so much better than the ridiculous tracking from ds2. it can't be said enough: this game is the pinnacle of human achievement

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
my favorite part about the dungeons is how none of the keys you find open any of the doors you want them to and one of the keys even mentions this in the item description saying something like the keys and layout were specifically designed to drive the prisoners mad while they tried to escape

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I beat it. the last two bosses were cool as gently caress. the second to last one with the two princes was really cool

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
me>>> <<<lorian and lothric

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

i cant deal with this guys second phase at all. brutal stuff. i get to every time now after about 10 attempts.

I died a few times to him at first cause I was too aggressive. wait for him to leave an opening and the phantom will generally stay together with him so you really only end up having to fight one person who just doubles all their attacks as long as you keep your spacing and positioning right. you might already be doing that though so idk :shrug:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
if you keep it so they stay sort of close, a lot of times you can end up hitting both

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I went in to pontiff at first like it was a dps race and I just had to kill it super fast but after a couple tries I realized that if I just played defensively and took my time, all his moves leave openings and the phantom really doesnt get in the way too much, just shortens the window for your openings a little bit

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

im on ps4 sadly.

nothing to be sad about, you own a sony playstation 4, a complete multimedia powerhouse

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

I've played this 45 hours in 4 days and I still have 9 days off left

the week after next I get off cause its the end of the semester and so I'll be able to beat the game 10 more times hell yeah

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm at about 25 too, beat the game and maxed out the heirs of the sun covenant

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Pablo Gigante posted:

I know one Prince who died for sure...

brutal

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
lets kill him

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
ugh so sick of all the cool and amazing boss fights in the game. you know, the first boss is amazing, the next boss is amazing, the next boss too. its just "A Thing" with the bosses now that theyre amazingly designed with cool movesets and patterns, great soundtrack, and rich backstories. I wish it was just like once every 5 bosses were fun and good because now it just gets old continuously having the best gaming experience of my life.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
been invading and cooping in the first levels all week since I beat the game and the multiplayer in this game is the greatest of all time. been in fights with 6 different people all at once and every color of the rainbow.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
all the bosses are god tier. even the gimmick bosses have cool enough looking designs/backstories/soundtrack/whatever that theyre all off the chain. dont say a single bad thing about this game or I will fight you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

I cant believe I still have 11 bosses left to fight.

I have infinity left to fight as I will be replaying the game forever

• Locked thread