Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

The pure str weapon options have been kinda disappointing so far. So far the only memorable weapons have been heavy-infused Dark Sword, Gundyr's halberd, and now the Greataxe. The great club and butcher's knife are okay, and the drang twinhammer's are neat but too short to connect with much

Gonna have to try out Lorian's Greatsword and the Dragonslayer Greataxe eventually, since i've gotten blown the gently caress up every time I've fought someone with one, but I'm definitely running out of choices. I'd suck Miyazaki's dick off if he put the Kirkhammer in this game...

Try the Spiked Mace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Frog Act posted:

lol, after beating Kalameet and Artorias and all the other poo poo in Dark Souls 1, I'm totally getting wrecked by the first boss in DS3

Don't forget that you can roll in any direction while locked on in DS2 and beyond.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

https://youtu.be/Ua0zMsDiAyg

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

If you follow the path out of the big tree guy area down the hill, there's a building to explore across a bridge to the left.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I would prefer the DS1 or 2 system of Poise, but increasing the viability / effectiveness of the current system isn't a bad idea. I'm guessing the goal is to make heavier weapons and armor more viable by increasing their hyper armor capabilities, which is the only thing the Poise stat in DS3 increases.

So if you're just standing there like a dummy and getting whaled on you'll get stunlocked, but if you manage to initiate a swing with a big fuckoff 2hander you'll actually be able to complete it and do some big damage while someone is slashing away with their straight sword or whatever. Assuming you land the hit. I would imagine for this to work effectively either the AR of the big weapons would have to be increased, or heavy armor would have to grant you way more damage reduction then it currently does. But we'll see I guess!

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

PC playas get it at 6pm EST Sunday.

I made a new semi tanky build for the DLC / poise patch and so far it's been my favorite build yet. I'm loving the Hollowslayer GS and War God shield. The moveset on the sword is killer. Good for both PVE and PVP. I've been tearing poo poo up in the Woods all afternoon.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

do you mean VPN or is it actually coming out for all of steam in 4 hrs?

My bad, meant Monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

My only wish would be expanding on The Depths of the Painting area. All the ice looks so good

• Locked thread