Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

i think pc players get this before ps4 people and im doing anger pushups about it

is it not a midnight release on psn? my gamestop is handing out copies at 9 pm for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i got very sick just in time for this game, gently caress!

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I found out one thing by accident that Firelink shrine is in it but that actually makes me more excited to see what that means and how it's implemented. Like how I feel watching te new JoJo's after already reading the manga

during my probation ii read through part 3 in two days, i need to read 4 now

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

The games thread title makes me extremely upset

lol

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Ah drat no 11pm release at Gamestop. I'll have to wait till tomorrow , sigh.

arent you in chicago? wtf. my lovely little city is handing them out at 9pm

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

They only do it if enough people preorder and they said they missed it by 2 or 3 units. I offered to preorder 3 copies and then cancel them tomorrow but that didn't fly lol

lol

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

it took me a while to figure out that instead of just going from firelink i had to warp to the first area

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

Getting rekt by Bort

he made me mad because i felt like i could easily beat him but he killed me like ten times

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

im actually using a shield in this though which i only did occasionally in 1 and didn't really use one at all in 2

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

what are cinematic effects in the options

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Fungah! posted:

theu ndead settlement is fuckin insane, there's so much poo poo and so many ways to go. gently caress this game's good

is wear ive spent like three hours here and im still finding new poo poo

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i finally opened the way to the boss but just got a key and theres still another area i havent been able to explore yet

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

What's the bar that was filling up during hat fight... Freeze? New status effect?

its frostbite, im not sure what it does

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I got pwned by the classic Illusory wall ahead. troll.

this has happened to me twice and i always believe it because they have like 90 appraisals

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

Iudex is such a cool boss. The graphics in this game are amazing. Even the small details like the flame embers coming off of your character

i saw a cutscene where uhh, there was a black cloud or something and the embers from my character were getting sucked up into it and it blew mym ind

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

[Chuckling to self even after 30 years of playing this series] Homeward Bone

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Are there limited enemy respond like in II or did they get rid of that cancer?

its gone

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

The dude in games who had a panic attack when he thought about how there might be spiders in this game is going to lose his mind when he gets to Irrithyl

i do but because that room in bloodborne made me so mad unti l i figured out the trick

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

I dare say they went hard as a mother fucker when it comes to obscure complicated NPC storylines and covenant locations. I love it

i liked when in the settlement i met siegward and when i went to attack the fire demon i freaked out because i didnt want him to go and get himself killed, but he actually helped me not die

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

its the opposite of the siegmeyer quest step in izalith from ds1 lol

it was exactly what i was thinking of

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

goferchan posted:

Re: Lords of Cinder was Abyss Watchers what everyone killed first ? Because I thought the first one was supposed to be Aldrich but I have no idea where I'm supposed to go for him

hes on his throne in firelink lol

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

Your thinking of Ludleth.

ohw hoops

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

the fourth boss is really loving me for going with big slow strength weapons

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

The purple ball is such a strong area denial spell and it's really frustrating

no i mean the the abyss watchers, he's constantly dodging my attacks :(

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

wait what? the one down the elevator?

oh damnit he gott me all hyped up to go back to the settlement

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i always got indicted for killing afk people in dark souls 1 even if i kicked them a couple times to get their attention, gently caress you too buddy

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

if you mean the guys in the swamp, the one that doesnt carry a weapon and just jumps on your head has hosed my poo poo up about 80 pushups worth of times

i was getting so mad at those guys because id always try to get that last hit in and theyd just jump straight up and land on me and kill me

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

i got over a hundred on one launch day bloodborne but i dont think any of mine have been doing very well so far

yeah ive only got two ratings on one message and i had a bunch of 50+ ones in bloodborne

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i had a bunch of decent ones in dark souls 2 too

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

I like that everyone else is super far ahead of me but nobody has the end in sight yet.

im 24 hours in and have only killed one lord of cinder

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

im at the end and theres nothing i didnt like. there was no weak part or anything that felt like it dragged on too long, or an underwhelming boss. game is just 100% awesomesauce

i didnt particularly like the catacombs but it was short at elast

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

im excited for the future

use the bort hammer with him

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I've been doing my armor like Bloodborne too, where I just ignore it and pick what looks nice

my armor looks like cool patchwork garbage because i wanna be able to roll well and the ultra greatsword weighs 20 pounds

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Average Bear posted:

I beat the game, is it the elevator above old wolf bonfire? I'm trying to lay down a sign but its greyed out

thats not it but theres something cool up there

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

oh wait i missed something

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

soul count across the board seems tiny outside of boss kills in NG which I am liking

you start getting good chunks of souls in later levels from regular enemies, like a lot of them where i am drop 900-1800

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Benny D posted:

After getting to the irithyll dungeon I have decided that this game is dark souls: greatest hits remastered

the loving item corpses. gently caress you!!!

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i think they changed it so if you and a boss kill each other at the same time it just gives you the boss kill, because i just killed one then spawned at the bonfire with ember restored

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

its been like this forever since thats how i beat super smough the first time - zero estus left, one good trade, i defeated.

maybe its a timing thing or something, i never remembered that working before. i swore i killed a boss at the same time when i played ds1 a couple months ago and didnt get the kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

The window for this is really generous and works if you're summoned. I've died as a white ghost and before I finished falling over the other 3 people killed the boss and I got the souls and humanity

oh i guess it just never worked for me because i always ran on the assumption that both of you dying means you gotta do the fight again

• Locked thread