Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
if you were given power would youbuild a statue of yourself. i think for me celebrating 25 y on the throne is a good opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues

i'd like to think 50 - 75 years, but in reality, probably more like 12. this is something ive been going over with my therapist

Android Blues

her: but why are you so fixated on recreating yourself in effigy
me: this is what i keep telling you, doc. i'm worried that i might, i don't want to
her: i think you do want to
me: (thinking: drat...this is getting really confrontational) i don't (thinking: i do)

Android Blues

goofus: after a mere twelve years, pathetic world leader "android blues" enacts a huge brass statue of herself in the city courtyard, inciting hissing and stark eyes from all corners of the globe

gallant: after a patrician seventy-five years, esteemed titan of politics my new dog erects small statue in back garden. "it's no big deal really," they say, loveably, as the media tries to discern whether it's really a statue or just a nicely shaped mound of dirt

Android Blues

the android blues statue is a magnet for pests and despite its general unpopularity, two years subsequent to its erection runs against me for political office and wins

Rodney The Yam II

my new dog posted:

if you were given power would youbuild a statue of yourself. i think for me celebrating 25 y on the throne is a good opportunity

dog u been on the toilet 25 y!? What did u eat! !

alnilam

Android Blues posted:

goofus: after a mere twelve years, pathetic world leader "android blues" enacts a huge brass statue of herself in the city courtyard, inciting hissing and stark eyes from all corners of the globe

gallant: after a patrician seventy-five years, esteemed titan of politics my new dog erects small statue in back garden. "it's no big deal really," they say, loveably, as the media tries to discern whether it's really a statue or just a nicely shaped mound of dirt

ty manifisto

symbolic

immediately

then each and every year afterwards i would build a larger statue right behind the older, smaller one until i died and in my will i would have them all knocked over in the world's greatest game of dominoes

alnilam

one thing I know for sure, the best way to make use of a statue is to have the plaque invite the visitor to be impressed by all the cool things around you [the statue]. those things probably not going anywhere and are SURE to impress future visitors

ty manifisto

Rodney The Yam II

Wait dominoes is a game?

symbolic

Rodney The Yam II posted:

Wait dominoes is a game?
it's a way of life

Rodney The Yam II

symbolic posted:

it's a way of life

*ppushes the domino with an outstretched finger*

My Asian Grandma

smoking bowls out of blaster rifle barrels

Android Blues posted:

yoober

I'd construct statues of myself all over but they'd be a good 20% smaller than myself so I'd seem big when they saw me for real. just have to remember to demolish them all and replace them with larger statues before I die so the history books remember me as a giant.

Rodney The Yam II

yoober posted:

I'd construct statues of myself all over but they'd be a good 20% smaller than myself so I'd seem big when they saw me for real. just have to remember to demolish them all and replace them with larger statues before I die so the history books remember me as a giant.

Or make sure every generation gets a little shorter

google THIS

gonna genetically engineer a plant that grows into the shape of an effigy of me and contains redwood dna and plant it immediately, then I can unveil it whenever the time feels right and two thousand years from now people will look at my tree statue and be like dang that dude was tall

also there will be a road built between my legs but it will make people uncomfortable because the statue will be nude

Android Blues

alnilam posted:

one thing I know for sure, the best way to make use of a statue is to have the plaque invite the visitor to be impressed by all the cool things around you [the statue]. those things probably not going anywhere and are SURE to impress future visitors

i am ozymandias, king of things
check out my cool sneakers, over there

MrWillsauce

I would make a giant statue of me kissing something and put it so it's touching the statue of liberty so I can be kissing the statue of liberty because I love freedom and immigrants

Urodov

i would wait until low tide to erect a sand statue of myself at the water's edge

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

MrWillsauce

I'd make my statue out of ice but I'd do it in antarctica so it'd never melt :smug:

FutonForensic

never

what if I gain weight? then I'm called Fat Futon and the statue gets called Normal Futon. before you know it, people only want to talk to the statue. then it gets the support of the military and I'm overthrown by myself

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I would construct a statue miles high and it would double as an office building/high-rise with the latest and greatest in engineering technology for comfort and convenience offering every shopping adventure one could imagine with the biggest indoor shopping mall ever known. The food court would have it's own farm, taking up many floors of hydroponic farm land and free-range chickens and livestock, solar and wind power, and it would scrub the city air of any pollutants. Finally It would serve as a launchpad into outer space where, if you look down- the huge, sprawling complex epitomizing the very best Humanity has to offer would spell out the word "Humble"

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i will just get some plaques placed at other statues w/ my name on them, who will know the difference?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
if you want a statue you can go down to the pier and pretend to be one of yourself for small change. i've seen people do it and it seems much less work than being a tyrant

~sig~

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Splatmaster posted:

I would construct a statue miles high and it would double as an office building/high-rise with the latest and greatest in engineering technology for comfort and convenience offering every shopping adventure one could imagine with the biggest indoor shopping mall ever known. The food court would have it's own farm, taking up many floors of hydroponic farm land and free-range chickens and livestock, solar and wind power, and it would scrub the city air of any pollutants. Finally It would serve as a launchpad into outer space where, if you look down- the huge, sprawling complex epitomizing the very best Humanity has to offer would spell out the word "Humble"

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo

Android Blues posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sprue

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
yeah but what kind of statue like are we talking bronze or what

MrWillsauce

Urodov posted:

i would wait until low tide to erect a sand statue of myself at the water's edge

I would make a statue of myself out of butter right outside paula dean's house

Robot Made of Meat

MrWillsauce posted:

I would make a statue of myself out of butter right outside paula dean's house

Yarite, like that'd last long enough to be sculpted.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWillsauce

we just wheel out a huge block of butter and try to wrangle Paula as best we can so that she does most of the sculpting. But yeah it doesn't last too long after that

• Locked thread