Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

HairyManling posted:

I've been keeping my hype in check because really, a 40 year old man shouldn't be getting excited for video games any more. But holy poo poo am I pumped for tomorrow!

I can't remember if this was answered in the last thread, but is there a password system this time? And if so has a goon password been decided yet?

One of my agents, who has millions of dollars in his book, told me last week he'd be OOTO Tuesday playing this all day. Which hopefully means that without him sending in new policies no one will notice that I'm gone too.

We might be grown ups, but we're still allowed our vices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Is anyone going to be using a Steam Link to stream this to a TV? Would you mind posting about it if you do, I'm on the fence about buying one.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Is anyone going to be using a Steam Link to stream this to a TV? Would you mind posting about it if you do, I'm on the fence about buying one.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
lol my graphics driver crashes every time I walk up to the first bonfire

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

BlackLaser posted:

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/719663296027222017

Giantbomb had this problem in the pre-release versions. Austin says it may be 700 series cards that do it. That's what I'm on. Anyone else?

GTX760, yeah.

Also, I can not get the kick to fire, at all. Is this going to be like SotFS where I have to limit it to 30 fps to get kicks and jump attacks to go off when I push the buttons?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
beat the guy with a sword in his chest, game crashed as soon as bonfire rendered the real dark souls starts here

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I got a flamberge off of one of those little fuckers in undead settlement. Bleed seems pretty neat for bosses.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

argondamn posted:

Burn Undead Bone Shards at the Firelink Shrine.

I noticed that it says my bonfire level is going up as I burn those. Is that going to impact me with like a really tough boss or something?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Is it just me, or does the game pace change dramatically starting with The Abyss Watchers and into the Catacombs? Everything is fast and hyper aggressive with long multi hit combos with bullshit tracking and hyper armor now.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Although the invasion system prioritizing worlds with phantoms in them is frustrating, killing a phantom and whittling a host down through their estus as they flee back to a bonfire to summon anyone to help them is extremely gratifying. Even when they alt+f4 after several failed summons right as you're on the cusp of landing the finishing blow. I sure would have loved my tongue trophy, but knowing how frustrated that person must have been owns.

Now if only they could do something about invading a world and finding the host and phantoms in reference poses but still moving and attacking and doing damage with no animations.

e: anyone used the carthus blood ring? Are the i-frames worth halving my damage absorbtion?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
A couple of days (and thousands upon thousands of posts)ago, someone posted some port forwards to use if you're having trouble getting summoned as a bluecop or dogbro. I tried them, and I did not get any summons at all. Additionally, any game I was summoned into the players slid around with no animations. They were attacking and such, but no animations were firing, just them floating around in reference pose. That went away as soon as I removed the port forwards. So I guess best of luck to anyone else having trouble.

e: speaking of invasion, I prefer to clear out an area so it doesn't matter where my souls end up, then go invading. You have half your maximum flasks as a phantom, rather than your current total, so it's fine if I burn some up clearing mobs. Invasions are very deliberately stacked against the invader, any of that honabaru duel bullshit is dumb. I'm going to drag you into mobs and poo poo, you're going to summon endless phantoms to save you and I'm going to murder them, we're all going to chug estus. It'll be fun.

NeurosisHead fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 21, 2016

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Is the Irithyll Dungeon supposed to be Tower of Latria? It really feels like Tower of Latria.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

HnK416 posted:

You're doing Gwyns work. Now where the heck do I actually find that set?

It was on a corpse on the ground floor of the Dungeon, in the room with a million loving jailers for me.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I get instant hits to sunbro or red orb invade, but I've never been summoned as sentinel, watchdog, or faithful. I just spent an hour at SL~80, +10 weapon, sitting and waiting to be summoned as a faithful and nothing. Something does not work with the multiplayer.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

ZenVulgarity posted:

The warden twinblades has such a fun moveset

I fought someone who used them and they did look cool as poo poo. Then I got hit like twice and it procced the bleed effect, it was nuts.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Yardbomb posted:

I cut out more dorkmoon forked tongues just in my session last night than I did my entire previous playtime, so something went down to help at least a part of them it seems.

It feels like I've never not seen a bluecop when I've invaded, but I've sat as a bluecop for about 3 hours once just as an experiment, and was never summoned once. There's something fucky, I just don't know what it is.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Fire Barrel posted:

The throwing speed of kukri limits their use a little bit, since you have to be far closer to make sure you can connect. That said, they do whole lot more damage and the bleed. I find them to be fairly handy when the target is distracted.

Maybe I'll switch to a bow or crossbow to punish healers. Crossbows might even be better since I can fire those with one hand and I have an unupgraded Evelyn just sitting around.

I like bows with the quick fire weapon skills for that. If they haven't use a talisman poise buff you can get an arrow in them about as quickly as you can weapon swap; if you're building for dex or quality it can be pretty respectable damage too.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Simply Simon posted:

Next time you kill Pontiff, spend all your souls, equip Way of the Blue, summon a guy (trust me, you'll need him), then use the Finger.

Push forward, don't wait in the arena, try to actually finish the area.

Good luck. (it's insane and so much fun)

I'm glad that I did a ton of co-op and invading in NG so that I started NG+ with just under 200 embers. Gonna be a shitshow of entertainment after Pontiff.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I think the most frustrating thing about Dancer is how god drat worthless her boss souls weapon is. Especially for as dangerous as she is to fight.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I haven't played in like a month so I'll just bullet point my concerns real quick:
  • changes to poise?
  • autosummons covenants addressed? (bluebros, watchdogs low connection rates for some users)
  • phantom hitboxes on some straight swords addressed?
tia

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'm glad they fixed blue covenant auto summons. I decided to try it around around SL130 in NG++ to see if it actually worked, and most of my summons have been to actually protect a solo player who is clearly a PVE only greatshield + dark sword type that can't defend themselves, rather than getting called into some lovely gank squad. It was pretty nice.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I had fun playing this before the DLC came out, but fell away from it and now I want to go back and play the DLC because I guess I bought the season pass and never realized it lol. Am I going to be best off just staying offline to avoid nightmare twink gankers, or is the multiplayer still reasonable for invasions and summons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Stokes posted:

At this point in the game's lifecycle I imagine you're going to get 2 kinds of invaders:

a) Ultra Try Hards
b) people with fun gimmick builds that have glaring holes but 1000s of hours of practice behind them.

The B category is the only dangerous one, but they're so few and far between it's nothing to worry about.

I've played up to Farron Keep and Cathedral since posting, and this is definitely what I've observed as well.