Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Yeah Abyss Watchers are not easy to first time. Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I was initially against fast travel being an instant unlock in the sequels but that's because I have terminal Metroid brain. Backtracking definitely would have gotten old fast.

All three DS games plus Sekiro are definitely on my top ten list this year as I played them all for the first time recently, but I have no idea what order they're going to go in because I like them all for different reasons.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Old Demon King is a boss that a lot of people miss on their first run through so by the time they actually find the Smouldering Lake they're overlevelled and wreck him.

First timing Pontiff is really good going.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Different people find different bosses hard or easy. Abyss Watchers took me several days of on and off attempts but I first timed both Gundyrs and Darkeater Midir

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Waltzing Along posted:

Not the hardest boss, just a couple massive damage attacks to get used to. I am confused why I had to do the fight twice.

If Anri helps you kill Aldrich you can return the favour and go to their world to kill "their" Aldrich. The series is weirdly inconsistent about when characters share a world and when they're from different ones.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Nameless King also has an animation error on one of his attacks that gives it a bullshit hitbox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeMJc_K8bJQ

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Abyss Watchers might not be one of the hardest bosses but IMO they're the point that DS3 takes a little step up in challenge, at a time when a first time player is probably still figuring out what to do with their character.

Easiest in the series is just hyperbole. Even if you find them trivial there's no way they're easier than Pinwheel or Covetous Demon.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

You're really living up to your username, great to see your progress. Can't wait to see what you make of the DLC bosses

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Nice work. The painting has two bosses, one is pretty underwhelming but the other is fantastic. The other place you went to from the kiln has three which are all pretty good to great.

I think there's a good chance you've fought all the optional main game bosses based on your updates.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Oh yeah I'm a dummy, forgot Half Light

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

The first time I made it down the stairs without being killed I turned left. Did a whole lap of the swamp running like hell from turtle beyblade dudes, knights and dragonslayer armour before I found the bonfire.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

It does make mossfruit and profuse sweat marginally less useful, as about ten seconds of the buff's duration is expended waiting for the bars to drain.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

McKracken posted:

I've been running through NG+ with a pure strength build whacking everything with FUGS and having a great time.

Kinda want to switch to dex to mess with some of the other weapons but I'd like to maintain my current level of wrecking everyone's poo poo. Any reason not to just swap the 66 str for 66 dex?

I'm no DS3 expert but you might find that your equip load goes down a bit switching to dex gear and you have a few free points to play with. Enjoy going spin2win with the sellsword twinblades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Serephina posted:

I think that's the third one in DS3 alone?

Farron Keep swamp (the crab swamp beforehand doesn't count)
BLIGHT swamp with the black snake things
I feel like there was another one in here that I'm missing. Probably due to the proliferation of non-poison swamps.

Has Miyazaki even *been* in a swamp? They're not really poisonous, more truly stinky and not really able to traverse in straight lines. He's got it all wrong!

Miyazaki has taught me that if I'm going into a swamp I should have a dagger