Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is anyone playing with the Nameless King's sword spear weapon? I have my eyes on it as an "end game" goal, but I'm curious if it's as deadly in the player's hands as it is in his.

Jesus christ, the bit where they stand up behind him. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Genocyber posted:

It's good. 1handed moveset is that of a spear but with halberd sweeping r2s. 2handed moveste is that of the more horizontal halberds but with spear poking r2s. You can shieldpoke with the r1s, unlike other halberds. And the skill is very good. Quite damaging, buffs the weapon, and can be used from moderately far away. Good in PVP for punishing people as they run away to heal, especially if they're not used to dodging it.

Awesome. Time to start taking more cracks at the guy then. Need to play through the game three times for all trophies on one character anyway... :gonk:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm still annoyed Sunbro invaders aren't called Jolly Invaders.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Entire evening of getting frontstabbed. Would be nice if that poo poo was in my favour for a change.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Guys, help me. As an unchigatana user that insists on keeping below 30% equip load - partly for the fast roll, partly because a shredded mask/chest/deserter trousers/fire keeper glove combination looks amazing - while having both carthus rings, I keep getting my rear end kicked in PVP. I'd win SO MUCH if I just put some armour on but it feels wrong to have beaten most of the game like this and chicken out just to get some extra tongues. :negative:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i find that they do not stun people out of the drinking animation at all. I've been using a light crossbow, but even that requires quite a bit of prediction since it cant fire fast enough once the chuggin animation starts.

Yeah, unless you're specifically built for throwing knives they do piddly damage and aren't quick enough to stop the estus animation, even if they can cancel it. Doesn't feel like there's enough options to punish mid-combat chugging this time around.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Whix posted:

There is no fast rolling now. It's only normal rolling <= 70% load and fat roll > 70%.

Is this actually confirmed? I swear the sub-30 animation is much quicker and goes further than the others.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Andrast posted:

The roll below 30% is better but i'm pretty sure you don't get any extra iframes with it.

Eh, might as well put some armour on but keep the Carthus ring then.

My highbrow swordsman concept. :saddowns:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's a difficult word to spell. :colbert:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Just got reamed by a straight sword doing 400 a hit. :wtc:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Uchi is TERRIBLE against the Dancer, holy poo poo. Her hitbox is too small to hit properly as you get pushed back by her legs.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

BrainMeats posted:

The devourer of gods is whispering in my ear, and calling me a dummy.

loving terrified something in my game got hosed up and I'm going to get yelled at now when I boot it back up.

Lord of the Fallen 2 UI looking good.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I occasionally hear a solid "boom" noise when hitting characters but it usually causes their death. I hear it without any rings equipped, and it's not a riposte - I hear it on a variety of dudes. Anyone know what that is?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My longsword waifu is doing fantastic in NG+. Hits a little slower, and for a little less, than I'd like at times but the fact I can dump any and all resin on it is more than enough compensation. The Dark Sword calls to me, the sumptuous trollop.

CJacobs posted:

If you're talking about Wolnir, there's still nothing to go on to suggest he is the Dark Souls 2 protagonist. Unless you count "he collected a bunch of crowns".

Last boss. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If you use a ring to increase your intelligence, can you get that wizard dude back to Firelink or does he go by your "natural" INT stat?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Inside Out Mom posted:

Couldn't sleep due to medication interactions. So a friend and I decided to explore Irythil Dungeon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5GOZBTVLyo

Oh man, your white phantom buddy sounds so loving into the game, it's great.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

I AM BRAWW posted:

What's the story between Yhorm and Sieg? Also would Sieg solo him given enough time? He didn't seem to have a health bar when Yhorm would knock him across the room.

Yhorm and Sieg were apparently close friends when the former was a "legitimate" ruler. Of the two weapons that could kill him he entrusted one to Siegward, and the other to the populace he ruled over. It was a contingency for when/if Yhorm went insane as well as being an attempt at countering the peoples' (perhaps justifiable) mistrust of this giant person laying claim to their city.

Yhorm's a surprisingly tragic dude.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Every loving watch dog I fight is Russian with a plastic straw as their net connection, apparently.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The dark hand is dreadful when used by the player. Even dog bites stagger you through it. :saddowns:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Just spent a couple of hours grinding out the Watchdog covenant - my "completionist" character is SL34 at the moment - and I'm feeling quite smug as I got all 30 kills consecutively. I owe my unbroken kill streak to having 1000 HP - most people didn't seem to know what the gently caress. :v:

Watchdogs could really benefit from getting multiple items if they kill phantoms though, like mound makers, because jesus christ. I think I killed three times as many ghosts as I did actual players; although this did lead to the absurdly satisfying situation where I ganked one guy and his two bodyguards in the same combo!

Now I just have the Aldrich faithful to grind to 30. And the Blue Sentinels. And the Mound Makers. And the Sunbros.

...why do you hide so many rings and spells behind covenants, FROM. :negative:

But no matter. This game has its hooks in. I've not played any other game since I really got into this, so that bodes well.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Hamsterlady posted:

If you just want achievement items, you only need 10 for Aldrich Faithful. The reward for 30 is a catalyst.

Oh thank christ for that, I misread the wiki. Sunbro won't be so bad as I can at least mix things up by focusing on bosses I enjoy, or invading time to time, and Rosaria's will be easy as the pale tongue drop rate is pretty decent and that's another I only need 10 for.

Really not looking forward to the mound makers and blue sentinels though. Need the full 30 for both of those.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Pointiff's a nasty change of pace, I found. Unless you're already intimately familiar with the Artorias and Fume Knight fights, I think most peoples' brains will just shut down when they run up against that rear end in a top hat.

Now I have his rhythm done he's fairly simple, but I still love the fight. Barely have any breathing room.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Q-sixtysix posted:

The fallen knight trousers seem to imply that they are stained with piss

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. :allears:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Can you get that massive kame hame spell the final boss uses?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Just invaded someone who was backwards clearing the Cathedral with Sirris, Anris AND Horace. I'm still hurting.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Had a guy come at me with a tower shield and...dagger? :wtc:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Trying to decide if it'd be more cuntish to go pyromancer and chaos infuse my longsword, or stick with a STR build and just use the basic 10/10 buffs.

Deep Protection, etc, look tempting as all hell but Raw weapons don't really have any staying power.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Internet Kraken posted:

Raw weapons enchanted with flame arc can carry you through the whole game. I beat the final boss with a +10 raw thrall axe just fine.

What about NG++?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Do buffs scale with the relevant stat?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Harrow posted:

Magic Weapon is flat and Blessed Weapon adds a flat 10%. All of the others scale.

Noice. Might have to break SL 90 and really pump pyro stats.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Had to yank my cable to stop getting summoned as a faithful long enough to remove the covenant, jfc.

Least I now know where to mound make.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Getting a steady stream of Mound Maker hits, but it's still kind of dull. Just 20 more to go. :shepicide:

Figures the Way of the Blue guys with Warriors of the Sun crowding them are the same folk who spam emotes when they scrape a win, though. Kept running into a guy called The Dragonslayer last night was really poo poo at actual PVP, but the fact he just kept running away and endlessly summoning phantoms in meant he - or rather, his summons - would get you through attrition.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wasn't until NG+ I realize why Greirat wants you to get the ring to the woman he mentions.

She's described as old. The ring staves off death for people who are near it.

:saddowns:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ugh, torn between using NK's soul for the weapon or the miracle trophy. I dread the idea of fighting himin NG+

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Giant Isopod posted:

If you want all the trophys good news: you need to fight him on ng++ to get all the rings anyway!

.._:negative:

Spear it is.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Swordspear L2 one shots a gently caress load of phantoms at SL 75. I love this thing. :allears:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
loving lmao.

So I've finally gotten all 30 spines, and Master of Pyromancies, but holy poo poo that was a miserable experience - constant train of people that would leg it back to the fire and summon as many phantoms as possible, solely to turtle up around the bonfire. I kept running into one group of cosplayers that did this - one Xanthous, one Solaire, one Oolacile - and true to form they'd emote spam when they scored a kill. On top of this they also had Seed of the Giants running to stack things in their favour moreso.

The bit that made me lmao though...jesus loving christ. I got lucky and Xanthous was alone so I managed to get rid of him. I moved towards the Farron Keep bonfire to shift up to the woods again, only to have Oolacile try a ladder ambush. I was expecting it and dodged, leaving the attacker isolated. Oolacile bounced around but got herself snagged and killed just as Solaire showed up. He legged it, turned to fight and...Connection Lost.

:laffo:

I think that's the most pathetic cable yank I've come across.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

BillmasterCozb posted:

Sssssssssssso is there a better way to grind Darkmoon covenant items or do I really have to just wait to invade

Kill Silver Knights. The pair at the AL bonfire will do. I think a goon earned over a million souls from the pair before getting all 30 items, mind.

Krinkle posted:

I'm a bad invader but even I've had people alt+f4 or whatever the gently caress the preferred NOPE method is after getting lucky and killing their summon. If the host disconnects and I'm still here, gently caress you pay me. Give me my thing. They forfeited. I get the prize. Disconnect them from the multiplayer until they burn their once-per-character reconnection tool and give me my goddamn vertebrae shackle.

Tie goes to the mother loving runner. Why is "whoops lost connection" my problem?

Yeah, this annoys me something fierce. It's not exactly game breaking to reward the person who didn't toss their connection out, but does save some frustration.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Zombies' Downfall posted:

If only. I've probably made 1.25m or so there in the three or four stints I've done at 310 discovery, and I'm about halfway there.

The real answer for Darkmoon/Sentinel covenant items is "don't" unless you're one of the lucky people who inexplicably gets hits every 30 seconds or you really, really want the spell/ring achievements and you're playing on a console.

Fingers crossed the summon range widening does something. :v:

Just got the Darkmoon and Warriors of Sunlight to go now, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

StashAugustine posted:

Are there any fights where you should summon NPCs to advance their quests?

There's a couple of NPCs you can summon to learn gestures, but otherwise no. Siegward comes in to a certain fight, automatically, as human and other storylines have you getting summoned into the NPC's world.