Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i don't know about the rest of you but, i'm ready to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i'm kinda anxious to see how my aging GTX 680 4GB and i7 3770k perform at 1680x1050, witcher 3 was rough

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

oh! i didn't see that. that's not too bad at all really.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

please don't endanger yourself by using a spicy controller

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

RBA Starblade posted:

I think the biggest thing I'm going to miss from DS1 and 2 is that 3 is already out so we aren't going to all swap bad/not-quite-accurate information trying to work ourselves along the whole time. That was the best part of DS1 for me, especially in the broken multiplayer dark times on 360 DS1. An hour and a half for one summon at Ornstein and Smough! :allears:

i've at least managed to avoid being spoiled on anything besides gameplay mechanics (which aren't spoilers) and the very start of the first area so im happy with that

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Chard posted:

How good is the character creator this time around? I'm all antsy waiting for this thing to drop but I know I'm going to spend my first hour making a hideous monster.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

im ready to die in 7 minutes.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

GTX 680 as a herald, bonfire cause crashes consistently

why :negative:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/719671582415724544

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Beefstew posted:

Has anyone been having crashes around lit bonfires? I didn't have any performance troubles until then, and I have two linked GeForce 770s installed. But the game basically crashes as soon as I load up my file, simply because a bonfire is near.

everyone who isn't a knight or have lighting set to low is having that issue

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Harrow posted:

Well that'll be a fun way to do some character creation. Ah, well.

Is it the armor? Like, if you take off your Herald armor, do you still crash? Or is it somehow tied to your actual class selection?

And is it at every bonfire, or just that first one?

every bonfire, and taking off the armor didn't do anything at all, still crashed

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

messages are definitely my favorite part of every souls game

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Internet Kraken posted:

Its throwing me off so much that being thrown on the ground doesn't make you invincible in this game. I keep lying for a second before thinking "wait poo poo I can still be killed!".

yeah that's gotten me killed a few times before remembering "poo poo I NEED TO ROLL"

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i temporarily locked myself out of that covenant by killing the tree too soon as well. glad they added a second way to get it.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

game ran perfectly last night after setting lighting to low and playing as a knight with zero crashes

now i can't leave firelink without crashing. god drat it.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

what weapons are you greatsword users using, i'm liking my claymore +3

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Internet Kraken posted:

So if you die as a red phantom in this game, you lose all your souls and they don't get left as a bloodstain. Kind of sucks since you can't just looking invasions while exploring unless you don't care about souls.

uh, i've definitely retrieved my souls from a bloodstain after getting killed while invading

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

also being in lord of cinder form when you invade, get summoned, or otherwise join another player's world does not let you keep the HP bonus while there afaik

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i summoned 3 people and we went on a ~15 invader kill spree on the long way to the boss in the Valley

online is so good.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Eastdrom posted:

Anyone having a problem where you summon people/get summoned and either you cant get through the fog wall or they cant?

half of my summons today at wolnir prevented me from actually getting to the boss fight area

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i can't beat the dancer solo because im Not Good Enough and i can't summon people because they get stuck at the fog.

great.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i feel like i've hit a brick wall with my claymore +6. the enemies in lothric castle take forever to kill with it

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Is it a regular claymore or is it infused with something? You may be cutting your damage attacking enemies that are resistant.

just a regular +6, no infusions.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

well i managed to find 2 chunks so i upgraded it to +7 and put a refined infusion on it. maybe this will help a little.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

refined claymore +8 now, it's really helping out LOT jesus

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

man gently caress hawkwood, thieving rear end cheapskate.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Ashtarath posted:

So why do my summoned phantoms sometimes not have the ability to walk through fog doors to fight the boss with me?
Kind of dumb to have to fight a boss with extra health and none of the benefits of the people jerking off outside the boss room

i think figured out the problem and solution. you have to wait until they sync up with you. i was experimenting with a friend who summoned me and when i joined his game he nor the enemies had animations and going in the fog door wouldn't let me in. when we waited for the animations to kick in on my side i could always go through the door 100% of the time.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ShadowMar posted:

i think figured out the problem and solution. you have to wait until they sync up with you. i was experimenting with a friend who summoned me and when i joined his game he nor the enemies had animations and going in the fog door wouldn't let me in. when we waited for the animations to kick in on my side i could always go through the door 100% of the time.

posting this to the next page because i'd like some other people to experiment

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

dark souls 3 probably has the best world design in the series. i've been to every area and all of them were cool aesthetically and mechanically.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Dezztroy posted:

Farron Keep

is a good zone, yes

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

is there an umbral ash that let's you buy infinite titanite chunks

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ok apparently there is an umbral ash that lets you buy titanite chunks but i cant find anything about it anywhere online, anyone know

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Stormgale posted:

I think I might have just gotten it, you need to kill 3 lords or cinder or do the skip to do dancer early, then kill consumed king for the gesture and use it next to the meditating dragon in the jail

yea i've been there but do you have a specific location of where the ash is?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i don't like how you can permanently lock yourself out of the mound-makers until NG+ (hopefully?) if you join rosaria's fingers and missed your first chance.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Stormgale posted:

Ummm I want to say it's after bell, near the snake person gauntlet to get the body stone

ah i found it, thanks!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

oh

the shrine handmaiden's inventory doesn't carry over into NG+

that's loving lovely as hell.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Positronic Spleen posted:

Does this game do that terrible name censoring like in DS2? Like K***ht?

yes

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Shindragon posted:

Ok I"m taking a break because goddamn that area was just brutal.

Spoilers of course.

Manage to find that dragon area and hooooly poo poo jesus is it brutal. Those goddamn snake are a pain in the rear end with the schotel or whatever it's called. I killed the boss (it was more of a puzzle fight but it was fun) and then next area is just some rear end in a top hat who keeps summoning drakeblood knights who hit really drat hard. After all that I find those crystal lizards big bros (not the big titan) who spew out fire. And another goddamn dragon who flies and trys to torch my rear end. I make it all the way through only to find another rear end in a top hat summoner and I lose to a naked guy with a rapier and a crown. Haha.

that is probably the hardest area in the game, i think. it's absolutely brutal the entire way

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

the real end game is Archdragon Peak, that place is full of nothing but the most assholeish shitheaded enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

turtlecrunch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBhOI9ASNeU

:3: the greatest game of our time, a work of art really

dark souls is one of the very few series that somehow manages to be both extremely horrifying and extremely adorable at the same time.