Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

there's nothing wrong with demon ruins' level design or appearance really, it's just the enemies are so ridiculously unfun to fight that it ruined that area for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Harrow posted:

Bring back the Scraping Spear.

PvP should be about invaders being dicks to people. Honorable duels are for chumps :colbert:

this and buff acid surge and i would be happy with pvp as is because then i could stop caring about winning and start caring about loving their poo poo up

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Fereydun posted:

there's a bunch of good spears and halberds with a charge attack though

also i can only hope there is a giantdad invader/summon in the dlc
he's the only ds1 canon character who isn't referenced in the game...
it just seems wrong seeing the zweihander without it's trusty companion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bvO4fc-pW4

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Mr. WTF posted:

Just want to put a word in for the sunlight straight sword. It's awesome. The L2 is a nice ~minute long buff, and it has the spammy longsword action. It scales B/B at +5, and at 40/40 it's doing very high 400s in damage per swing. I think it's better than the dark sword - seems like it swings faster, especially the first swing. Good stab too. Only downside is the L2 is the buff, so there isn't a guard break like a typical longsword. but git gud and foot.

a straight sword in dark souls 3 is good??? i don't believe you!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

if you've stumbled upon a 3v1 or 4v1, just start parrying and pray to your god(s) because other than idiocy or the environment, that's the only way you'll win

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Internet Kraken posted:

I mean its pretty silly to act like mages don't know how to fight properly when using magic in this game is actually harder than just going with sword and board. In terms of PvP its not like its even hard to dodge in a 1v1.

how else am i supposed to increase my e-peen girth???

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

argondamn posted:

Since so many people in this thread have complained about getting summoned for Dancer at SL15 or whatever, I've decided to make a low SL character specifically for getting summoned at the Dancer. No idea how I'm going to make that work though.

sword master cosplay

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

NK is the only boss with 2 health bars i don't like and it's purely because of having to do the boring phase 1 to fight the fun as hell phase 2 every time

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

clearly the solution for magic users in pvp is for everyone to use only estocs and dark swords so pvp has even less variety.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is there anyway to get an item from one of your characters to another one of your characters? I'd really like to get the Dragonscale helm to a low-level character I have without having to play the entire game to get it.

get a friend to pick it up on your one character and drop it for your other. make sure it's unupgraded to ensure you can actually pick it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Fargin Icehole posted:

I came back to the longsword, made it +10 and why isn't everyone using this?

because it's loving boring as poo poo