Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

13 hours to go :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Andrigaar posted:

Not that I'm super-bitter at Funstock or anything (:toughguy: ) , but I actually looked at the FAQ that they dispensed when probably all their customers sent in emails to their site support about the date mix-up on Friday.

My original estimate was at the release minute. I've now upgraded that to 1 minute before so they technically are correct. Also I'm wondering if they got the short end of a contract stick versus Gamesplanet if they don't get to release until the day of.

This is why I decided to pay the extra £5 and just get it on Steam. Normally I just use cd key websites but I didn't want to mess around with DARK SOULS 3.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I still don't know what build to make for my first run. :ohdear:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Classic claymore/shield approach is functional, but the bandit knife and shortbow soul arts make the game a ton of fun and feel like Bloodborne. UGH, DECISIONS.

Yeah I really like the look of the bow from what I've seen. I'd just like to know if it's viable to go with a bow as your primary weapon for the whole game.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

I just realised that I'm more excited to see whatever the new hub area/safe space is and what its music is like than for the rest of the game right now.

I think Majula changed me.

I got spoiled for that. I wish I hadn't.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just want to say gently caress this remaining hour. I want Dark Souls III and I want it now.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I didn't bother reading the OP. Should I buy this game? Is it good? I heard you can hit things with swords.

Don't buy it

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I bet it doesn't actually go live until 38 minutes past the hour or something like that.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It's ready, go go go

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

YOU DIED

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I didn't have to restart Steam for it to unlock

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm in, can't connect to servers though

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Well, poo poo. GTX 570, i5-2500k. Game is struggling to run with everything on lowest possible settings.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Minrad posted:

try downscaling resolution

one minute left

it's... almost... time.....

net cafe scandal posted:

You need more vram probly

The weird thing is it automatically detected and set the settings to high :psyduck:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I literally can't get online because of a framerate issue, haha. RIP Dark Souls III, I hardly knew ye.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Well poo poo, after all this hype and waiting I think I'm gonna have to get a steam refund. :(

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It's all the goddamn foliage that's making my computer chug

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I managed to beat lotex gundyr or whatever as a deprived with a framerate of about 10, I feel proud.

Too bad I'm probably gonna have to get a steam refund :negative:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

-Xbox360 controller doesn't work. Based on the buttons on-screen, only an Xbox One controller will work, as the buttons referenced on the screen do not exist on the 360 controller.

-Xbox one controller does not automatically work with Windows 10 and its integrated Xbox experience.

-Not downloading DS4Windows because I'd like to play more than 30 minutes at a time before recharging the batteries.

-Of course, every time you turn on your Xbox One, there is an hour long process of updating the system hardware.

-System hardware on the Xbox One must be updated before the controller can be updated.

So, basically I made my character and I've been loving around with my controllers ever since, ready to rip out somebody's underwear through their throat.

360 controller works fine for me :shrug:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I tried the old driver trick for Nvidia cards and my framerate has gone from an unplayable 10-15 to a bearable 25-30. Not great, but I can play at least now!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So after rolling back to some 3-year old drivers, my GTX 570 and i5-2500k can now play the game on high settings at 40fps, whereas before with up to date drivers I was struggling to get 15fps with the lowest settings.

What is this game

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This game is a lot harder than Dark Souls 2. I am getting my poo poo pushed in as deprived.

I love it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Elderbean posted:

Will this run well enough with a gtx680? I've been hearing mixed reviews about the performance.

I have a 570, with some bizarre driver tinkering magic I'm pulling 30-40 fps on medium-high.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just shot an arrow at the katana man and he fell off the cliff chasing me

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

This is not the proper way to dispatch the Master.

Well I am the master now :smug:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm at the Undead Settlement, have I missed the shortbow weapon?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I died to Vordt about 5 times earlier, and I decided to summon someone to help.

He promptly left as soon as I stepped through the fog gate, and I ended up beating the buffed Vordt by myself. Go figure.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

plape tickler posted:

Is there any reason to save the souls you get from bosses? Also after beating tree guy is there any other exit besides teleporting? Oh and is the small leather shield the best for parrying?

In the previous games you could trade the boss souls for unique weapons, I imagine it's the same here.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

loving vordt

He's not even that hard and I keep dying to his dash attacks

Roll just as he's about to hit you. Abuse those iframes

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Can somebody tell me what area the shortbow is found in? I want to rock a legolas build and I'm afraid I might have missed it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

You can find at least one bow right at the beginning of Lothric Highwall. Go past the dogs and into the second tower.

Yeah I have the longbow, it's too slow for my liking though.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Afriscipio posted:

You can buy it from Greirat.

Oh, really? I must have missed it. I saw he had the light crossbow, no shortbow though.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

DrGreatJob posted:

You might have to send him out to steal poo poo for you first.

gently caress, I don't know what a spoiler is anymore. Also, this game is gooood.

I didn't even know you could do that, awesome.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Alabaster White posted:

You gotta find Loretta first before you can get him to loot, though.

I found her bone, is that what you mean?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Regarding the soul starting item, is there anything you can do with it besides popping it? I think I accidentally did so because it's disappeared from my inventory. I hope I've not screwed myself out of a unique weapon or something.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

No, it's a common-ish item you can find. You didn't screw up anything.

Oh, OK. That's a relief, and somewhat disappointing. I would have picked something else if I'd known.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm at 7 hours and I've yet to be invaded. Lucky I guess? Or network problems.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is Pontiff's Left Eye broken? I'm getting no HP regeneration whatsoever, however much I attack.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

How many bosses are in this game? I've only beaten three so far and I'm 11 hours in so it surprises me to hear people say they've completed the game in 20 hours or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Time for some jolly cooperaaaaaa :aaaaa:

Man, online really sucks