Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Genocyber posted:

You use a titanite slab for the final upgrade for each type.

Whoa didn't realize this. Hopefully there are a lot of slabs to go around. My standard arsenal is one reg weapon, one unique and one boss to make full use of all upgrade materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Remember when people thought if you raised your dex enough you could get the flippy darkwood grain roll lmao

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Same except I dont even care since I'm just gonna go home and look at the clock for another 2 hours

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

b0red posted:

13 minutes and i'm dying

I'm rock hard and ready to spurt, personally.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Its a crystal lizard, fyi

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

killstealing posted:

The forest wolf covenant never summons me :(

Same, even though the red eye orb works like instantly everywhere I use it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Your Computer posted:

A way beside purging stones and curing it? How far into the game?

This is honestly putting a damper on my fun and if I can't do anything about it until the game is halfway completed or something I'm gonna be pretty sad.

If your issue is fashion, you can also buy the ring from the same lady that sells the purging stones that makes you look unhollow. That way you don't have to keep buying stones.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Just fight him later. If you get between his feet he's completely harmless.

What the loot he drops? I also died before picking it up

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Vermain posted:

I dunno how they hosed this up so bad. If you haven't built your character optimally by the time you get to them, get ready to co-op, because you need very solid DPS to even get past the first phase unless you are the King of Dodging. It's a worse version of DS2's Belfry Gargoyles, except you don't have the luxury of kiting them around while popping Lifegems.

You guys know they fight each other right?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

The Skeleton King posted:

Seriously though. How do you get past the giants in the cathedral? I'm not stupid (at least not all of the time). I am not going to stand under its feet and plink away forever. What's the actual solution?

Run past them?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

So is the Pontiff's Left Eye as good as it sounds? I ate that boss' soul like 10 hours ago thinking all you would get was his mace, you'd think I'd learn after 4 souls games not to eat boss souls without knowing what they make.

I had it equiped for awhile and never noticed it doing anything.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Dr. Carwash posted:

Anyone else think the sound in this game is really really good??? The screams from those weird bird...people...things on the road of sacrifice is the stuff of nightmares.

They definitely took some lessons from bloodborne in that regard

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Harrow posted:

So, what's everyone's favorite weapon they've picked up so far?

I've been using the lothric knight sword practically since the beginning and its real nice. I upgraded the astora greatsword because I love the moveset for a nice light, dex focused heavy weapon. I haven't found anything I wanna use my twinklings on yet...

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Your Computer posted:

Just as you guys are talking about it, it seems I have an invader who's hiding. It's been close to 30 min now and I can't proceed because he's somewhere. Thanks, From.

Lol what are you doing just get on with the level whats the worst that can happen, you die!?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
What the... I thought areas that you could be invaded at always had to have a corresponding boss door?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Your Computer posted:

I literally can't go anywhere because everything is walled off with fog walls and I can't sit at a bonfire/homeward bone. Guy obviously went AFK somewhere but the levels are huge so there's no chance I'm finding him. That's kinda why that stuff is a problem, not because I'm afraid of dying (what?)

That sucks and is stupid. Being afraid of dying to an invader is why some people roll off a ledge instead of fight tho

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I've been using a small shield to parry, and its nice because the window feels really big. What I noticed though is that I often take damage even when I land the parry. Is this just how parries work now, or am I landing it on like the tail end so that I take partial damage, kinda like the half block mechanic when you miss a parry in previous games?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Qvark posted:

Is the req for 1-handing 2h weapons still str x 1.5?

I don't think you phrased that right, but it works like it always did.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Can someone repost that basic chart of how all the areas connect? I can't seem to find it

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

double nine posted:

Is there a DS3 equivalent to this map yet?

I want to know if I'm missing sideways in the areas I've passed since so far everything has been pretty linear.

Yeah I was asking about this earlier and managed to find it:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Your Computer posted:

Apparently, the amount of Souls you get from enemies ramps up exponentially. Just a couple of farming runs in Irithyll and I have 50k Souls :stare:

So I pumped my STR and DEX up to 30. Now if only I could find a god drat Refined Stone to properly utilize my stats. If they're only available after Lothric Castle, that's gotta be the dumbest thing From has done with this game.

I had several by Irithyll, but I can't remember if I found them or if they dropped off enemies.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Zaphod42 posted:

Blessed heals you constantly, 24/7. So yeah, naturally it isn't going to do NEARLY the damage that lightning does.

That's exactly how DeS worked too.

The rate of healing is super low though, def not worth it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

RedTonic posted:

I haven't gotten the kick to work. Just started out as the assassin. Is it because of the weapon I'm using? Forward + R1 does a quick retreat attack which doesn't break guard. Forward + R2 is just a strong jump attack.

Yeah poking swords and curved swords have a different move instead of the kick.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

The Shortest Path posted:

You can still quickstep at zero mana, despite all conventional logic.

You can even do it while over your maximum equip load and give approximately zero fucks about movement speed or rolling, because it gives you iframes while doing it.

I heard, but can not confirm, that it loses the iframes when you use it without mana.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Tabletops posted:

weird, i had ~22k souls from invading people and then they just disappeared. I didn't know you could lose souls from invading?

Your souls are on your bloodstain where you died as a phantom.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Tabletops posted:

oh so im guessing my previous bloodstain i had in the world is gone then?: (

Yeah same bloodstain rules apply. Its really the main punishment for invading, if you lose you may have to head back through the level to get your stuff.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

pmchem posted:

I asked on another forum and apparently this is a fairly common problem with no explanation or resolution. Maybe a problem with FROM's servers?

Use the dried finger item, you can buy it from the handmaiden.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

CJacobs posted:

I have no idea how they thought those enemies would be a good idea. That whole area is mind boggling.

Its awesome lol.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

CJacobs posted:

Yes the area where they just stacked 12 of them right on top of each other walking in a line like they're trying to do a conga and said "yeah that'll be fine" is real good enemy placement man. Giving them a tracking grab attack that is guaranteed to kill you in 1 hit because of their health reduction is also great.

No wait, they suck. Being spooky is all they have going for them

Lmao yeah that actually is good enemy placement where they patrol around an area that you can hide and sneak past them. I got all the loot and never angered the mob there.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

CJacobs posted:

Ohh, the fact that they're, in addition to being a nuisance, braindead enough that "I can't see you = you don't exist" makes them good and not bad. Got it

You seem cool

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

limited posted:

Is there a official goon-password for co-op yet? I'd like to be summoned by, or summon people who don't try to attack bosses with a sliver of health. :sigh:

Also, gently caress swamp areas. Bloodborne didn't have one, and everyone was happy.

Bloodborne definitely did have one. Remember the nightmare frontier?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

sandoz posted:

OK a few people have asked similar questions and no one has answered yet, is there an infuse that gives a weapon int/faith scaling? Or a pyro spell that imbues your weapon magically?

Chaos/dark infusions scale with int/faith.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

MooCowlian posted:

I'm having trouble finding anything online about this. Are small shields/particular shields better than others for parrying? If so, where can I get them and is there anything better than whatever shield I happen to have on me available before the pontiff, since he's both difficult and parryable.

Anything labeled as a "small shield" is noticibly better at parrying than a normal shield. I'm unsure if there is a difference between various small shields though.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Just upgraded the twin spears and they are my new fav weapon so far. Very fun moveset.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Bass Bottles posted:

What I never understand about these stories is why the hosts never just log out of the game if they're so worried about invasions? Wouldn't that save their progress AND disconnect you?

You can't quit out during an invasion unless you alt + f4

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I have so many different shields, is there any reason to use the shields that give don't give 100% physical protection? I mean I have a greatshield that actually provides less physical protection than the smaller crest one. Does blocking with the bigger shields reduce the stamina hit maybe? Is that how that stability stat works?

Yeah thats what stability does. Small shields have less damage block, but much better parry frames.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Lblitzer posted:

I'm a bit confused. If I want to play with a friend (through good parts of the game together cause I'm bad and multiplayer is fun), one of us has to use an Ember in order to do so? So we are almost limited as to the number of people we can summon?

Yes, but whoever is the phantom is going to get an ember as a reward if you beat the boss. And you only lose your embered status if you die. That won't be a problem, will it?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

voltcatfish posted:

Yeah about forget nameless king

He's completely unfun and I'm just going to summon for him

He's cool as hell and I would help you fight him if I could. Prob my favorite boss.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Anyone have thoughts on the optimal level range/weapon upgrade to hang around for maximum watchdog hits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Captain Oblivious posted:

You can drop them. You cannot trade them between players, they will simply be invisible and uninteractable for the other player. Trust me, I've tried.

Do you know if its the same way for weapons?