Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Got to dancer of boreal valley this is now my favorite boss name since living failures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

So Fromsoft/Bandai revealed Souls series has sold 27m and DS3 has sold over 10m which is crazy. To put it in perspective the only the other non nintendo Japanese game this gen to have sold more is Monster Hunter World. It even outsold Final Fantasy XV.

Crazy to see this series go from super niche Demon Souls to a worldwide hit.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Amppelix posted:

magic isn't terrible!!!! stop saying that!!!!

it's actually finally balanced instead of being completely and ridiculously OP like it was in 1 and 2.

Ya there is always that one spell that is giga broken in PVE and PVP. By far the most broken magic build is in Demon Souls because homing soul arrow being so broken and you can so many charges so early.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Still gotta play Sekiro (does that have any fist weapons?) but depending on timing I might wait to play it until after I play Elden Ring. I haven't gotten to play any of the From games when they were new and at peak multiplayer activity so I don't wanna miss that opportunity this time around

If you even remotely like Fromsoft's boss fights you have to absolutely play Sekiro. It's probably their most stacked games in terms of boss fights other than Bloodborne. The combat is also up there. There is just less replay value compared to the Souls games but even then you can at least play it 2 times to get different boss fights.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The Protagonist posted:

I finally came back to sekiro after bouncing off of it and 2019 right after it came out, and I'm so glad I did. That game is all about breaking bad habits and not ignoring threats, as soon as you're willing to play by the game's rules it is amazing.

It also has the best main-game final boss of any of the seksoulsbornes, like, by far.

Ya I was about hard rage quit at the 2nd genichiro fight, after I beat him the game clicked for me. One of my favorites from From.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just started DS3 for the first time, this and ER the only ones I haven't played yet. Beat others multiple times. So far loving this game, I do think people are right this game has so many throwbacks to DS1 but for me it's not a bad thing since I love DS1. There are so many small stuff like the enemies from DS1 in smolderlake(capra demon statutes/tauros statues) and few references to past characters. The weapon arts is a small addition that looks like it does nothing but with some weapons it absolutely changes encounters, I am doing a dex build so the quickstep is super useful. I think in ER you can swap the skills between weapons? That sounds broken.

Only been disappointed by the bosses so far although I think I am like 25-30% in. The Abyss watcher was cool but not much else. I think I should start seeing the better boss around now.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

No Dignity posted:

After DS3 putting quickstep on [0] good weapons Elden Ring letting you put ultra-quickstep on the biggest weapons in the game is incredibly dumb, yes

Ya quickstep is so fun but it's on the shortest range weapons in ds3. I had to switch to twinblades even though the art skill aren't as good.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

How do you find the keys for some of the locked cells in the Irithyll dungeon? I have checked everything until the profaned capital bonfire.

Also this area is basically Tower Latria 2.0 and but the prison guard enemies are more similar to the Winter Lantern enemy with the get damaged by looking at them. Really cool to see a throwback to Demon Souls since most of this game seems like a love letter to DS1 mainly.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

skasion posted:

There’s a way back into the dungeon later in Profaned Capital, and the last dungeon key is in that part.

Oh ok. Btw this game has been pretty drat easy so far. Got slightly stuck on Crystal Sage/Abyss watchers but I just got to armored dragon and I have basically first time all the bosses almost till now. Aldrich/Sulyvahn looked cool but were kinda pushovers.

The loving morphing/infected hollows are such cool enemeis, fromsoft has such unique designs man, the enemy designs, the backgrounds, this game is a looker.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Analytic Engine posted:

Anyone start souls with DS3? What was your experience getting into these?

I beat almost every Armored Core as a kid and eventually got out of gaming, then stumbled on DS3 during a sale without realizing it was by FROM (& Miyazaki cut his teeth on AC4:FA). I approached it like Skyrim and immediately sucked until the systems began to make sense. Was thinking I could only bank souls with the item drops lol. The intrinsic rewards built up until I became a fanboy... right around the time I challenged Aldritch and realized I'd put in 150 hours without knowing it

We've heard a bit of Bust Rodd's experience, and it sounds like the opposite of mine. I didn't know lots of really important things because I stubbornly refused to "use a player's guide" or "read the GameFAQs files". I wasn't prepared for the new era of game design these things established

I started with Demon Souls, there was a huge thread here about a random jank rear end JRPG, I was like wtf are these people playing. I remember people arguing about the lore, where certain items were, the thread felt like a mystery. I kept hearing about it and I saw videos. The game didn't look that good but I had just gotten a PS3 with just Metal Gear Solid 4. I decided to get Demon Souls just to see if the word of mouth was real, had to import a EU copy since there were no copies in North America. Have played all the games since, currently going through DS3 for the first time, then still have ER to play. Sekiro is probably my favorite along with DS1.

I think you will really love all Soulsborne games, it's such a great feeling when you find a new series that you absolutely love and there is a poo poo ton of games to play. Recently happened to me with Yakuza as well.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Foul Fowl posted:

the whole game is kinda easy. but still very cool.

Ya it's been super enjoyable. I am sure I will eventually find a hard boss, I heard alot about the Nameless King. But I think that is really end game stuff. Tbh all Souls games get easier as you get experience in them. That's the thing I liked about Sekiro, it felt like when I first played Demon Souls and it was tough as nails.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sekiro is one of the most fun games to speedrun, if you get good at the game you can stomp the bosses so hard. While in Souls if you speedrunning you are sl1 most likely and won't be strong. But in Sekiro blade upgrades are easy to get and it's also about the stagger meter.

Still going through DS3, this must be my first souls game where I have first timed almost all the bosses so far. Usually I am the souls veteran who is dying nonstop to every boss just because I go for no armor and most aggressive builds. where I get one shot. But the boss designs after Abyss Watchers are all super cool looking. Yhorm, Aldrich, Sulyvahn, currently at Lorian where I died to his 2nd stage.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

FishMcCool posted:

This place marks our grave.

But you may rest here too, if you like.

(I died a lot more than once to Twin Princes...)

Ya I have a feeling that will happen a lot too lol.

E: definitely took more than one try. I think he wasn't that hard, he is quite slow but I just got impatient so I died like 10 times to him wasted few embers.

E2: I didn't even realize this is basically the end of the game. I think this is the fastest I've ever gone through a souls game and I went through everything so far. In the base game I only have Nameless King left and Soul of Cinder. At around 30hs.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 17, 2022

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

giZm posted:

Have you tried not using the Sellsword Twinblades?

I mean I have used op weapons in the other games as well. I did switch Onikiri and Ubadachi for like the last 2 bosses. Currently at nameless king. I tried him once died to his pet. But I switched my dmg rings for defensive and was doing negative dmg to him. Might need to just go glass cannon and learn his moveset.

E:Tried NamelessKing for 1 hour got him down to like 1% hp multiple times but I griefed myself in the most stupid waves. I was just doing negative dmg to his bird in my first attempt because I was attacking his feet.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 19, 2022

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Horace Kinch posted:

Nameless King is designed to rollcatch, but he doesn't hit hard enough that you can't turtle him with a greatshield or if you're playing a Faith build just spam the piss out of Dorhy's Gnawing.

Actually found him really easy to roll into, his moves are so telegraphed or really well animated with nice hitbox. I have so far only messed up in the lightning stage, the lightning strike where he stands a bolt comes down from the sky has no tell it seems, just spam roll.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ok got the namelessking , took me like 1hour total which is a decent amount, i managed to get him to like 5% hp so many times but just got nervous and hosed it up by trying to heal too much. I realized I was playing way too defensive in the 2nd stage and would do just 1 attack. I started playing more aggressively since I had the ring that increases your attack if you keep attacking, I was shredding him. The only hard thing imo with this fight is that the spear thurst grab attack because you can't dodge roll that and in the first phase when he charges with the storm bird, it's kinda hard to react to where he is going with that one. Other than he wasn't really hard or annoying. I usually destroy the duel 1v1 type bosses so it wasn't surprising this wasn't as hard as it was hyped up to be. But the fight, the location, the setting is really epic.

Now I just got the final boss left, I am going to probably do the dlc content first then the final boss.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sway Grunt posted:

Ulio no offense but I hope the rest of the bosses absolutely clown on you 30 times in a row each. :argh: Nameless King took me like... I don't know, 4-5 hours? Over a whole week. Pontiff was a horrible nightmare. This is considered by most players I think the hardest of the three games and you seem to be kinda cruising through it!

I don't know I usually suck vs random bosses that no one else struggles with, I actually didn't do some of the sidebosses in DS2 because they were so annoying hard like Darklurker. I am still in the first dlc and haven't done the final boss of the base game. But so far the hardest bosses has been Lothric for me, just because when he changes into his 2nd phase he starts off with the soul arrow right away, others I struggled with were Abyss Watchers and Crystal Sage. The "harder" bosses were much easier, kinda anti climatic because they had much cooler designs, theme songs etc etc.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The regular enemies in the Ashes of Ariandel area are so freaking annoying. There is always so many of them in one area. Fire spitting dude, shield dude and spear throwing dude. I do like the area. I just got to the Sister Friede fight, this whole area reminds me of the Painted World and the boss fight even has elements from it such as the invisibility.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

FishMcCool posted:

The Painted World of Ariandel in DS3 reminds you of the Painted World of Ariamis in DS1? :prepop:

Ya was kinda obvious, I know everyone says DS3 is a throwback to DS1 but I didn't know it's to this extent. Not that it's a bad thing since it still does many new things and the enemy designs are still so cool. Grim reapers with baskets trying to smash your head in, never gets old.

I was saying how easy this game is even Nameless King I felt was a fair fight but Sister Friede is really annoying. In the first part it's hard to tell where she lands if you miss the destroyed furniture. 2nd part is easier unless Sister Friedes ai decides to only spam ice spikes from range so you can't even stay under Father Ariandel. 3rd part with the added black aura it's hard to get around to hit her. Only good thing is she has low health. If she didn't run away as much it would be more manageable. Definitely feels like a dlc boss, fromsoft usually go all out with their dlc bosses. Haven't beaten Sister Friede yet, I just need to figure out the last phase.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Barudak posted:

Everytime I hit something in DS3 thats a throwback to DS1 I lose interest and then when it hits me with its own unique flavor of weird Im back in again <Awooooooo>. Theres a lot of stuff Id want more exploration and discussion of that I'd throw siegward, anor londo, and Artorias into a deep well for in a heartbeat.

Its also a bummer that its final solution to the Dark Souls problem is DLC only.

Ya I definitely agree, I would have preferred less throwbacks to DS1. Like can you imagine if up until you go to Anor Londo there would have been no throwback to DS1? But by that point you have been in firelink shrine, seen Andre, seen previous bosses in other areas as statues etc. The Anor Londo revisit would have been such a epic moment and then the fight with Aldrich was underwhelming even though his design was nice.

I have pretty much explored everything in this game so far but this definitely my fastest playthrough as I said since I didn't struggle. I am at 43 hours with Soul of Cinder left and first dlc basically done, 2nd dlc still not finished. Usually just the base game takes me 50-60 hours. DS2 was really long but that wasn't just hard but it had poo poo ton of filler areas/bosses. I still feel like DS2 could have been considered as good or better than 1/3 if it cut the amount of areas/bosses in half or merged them.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Rythian posted:

Yeah a friend of mine played this for the first time recently after playing Elden Ring, and he picked the Sellsword Twinblades, and he just breezed through the game without summons, constantly saying stuff like "this game isn't as hard as people say", "way easier than Elden Ring" and "oh I found that boss really easy". I think Friede was the only boss he struggled with (aside from Wolnir where he didn't figure out the bracelets). Even Nameless King went down pretty quick.

And more power to him for that, play how you want to play. I just worry that people will lessen their own enjoyment of the game by having bosses not really be as difficult, and you just circle around and spam L1. Games aren't usually as fun if it's just easy-breezy mode and you're not really challenged.

Ya I was using Sellsword Twinblades for like the first half of my run until I got to the Grand Archives and got the dual katanas. The Katana's regular l1 is slower than sellsword twinblades but the weapon art is much better than the twinblades, that jumping move looks like you would be so vulnerable but vs human size enemies/bosses you can interupt their attacks with that and you can do it from a decent range.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

CYBEReris posted:

the wolves in ariandel are individually weak but they can swarm you really aggressively if one of them gets to howl

Their ai isn't aggressive enough though even when they swarm you. That first part in the dlc where you fall of a snow crevice, into the wolf + tree women area is just annoying. The fire trees shooting homing fireballs is so stupid. The knights that patrol the forest aren't that annoying in small groups but sometimes you can get 5-6 aggro'd on you at once. It's not bad if they were all melee but like half of them are ranged so you can't even take out the melee ones safely without getting spiked with a spear or burned with fire.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I played the hell out of the steam version and never encountered any of those issues, sorry. Hope you get it figured out!

Same.

Also I was quite smug about how easy DS3 was but finally I found my match, Sister Friede is so freaking annoying. The last phase she has her dash grab is just ridiculous, I read you are suppose to just roll alot and you can dodge that? It one shots you and she homes in on you from max range.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Barudak posted:

Got to Friede and I think I'll go do ringed city, instead, for now since thats the last part of the game I've not seen.

I'm also not built for dodge rolling as a person but Im trying to stick to no shielding and no summoning as long as I can so part of me wants some more stubborn attempts before I give up and start holding something infront of my face.

Ya I appreciate the advice but I don't summon or ever use shields. I am still stuck on her last phase, got close.

GloomMouse posted:

I find phase 2 more difficult than 3 tbh. Just something about Friede and Father that is a Ball at the same time gets me

Phase 2 is not too bad since Friede doesn't go crazy. I just keep an eye on Friede, wait for Father to finish his attack then u get 3-4 attacks on him before you can roll out.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Finally beat Sister Friede, honestly so far in the whole game this has been the hardest boss for me(haven't faced Soul of Cinders or 2nd DLC bosses). . I took a week off because I was stuck on her for a couple of days. I feel like many of the human size bosses in this game she is way too easy to interrupt but unlike those bosses she has way more one shot abilities. The first phase is super annoying, yes you can throw knives but usually thats the point where you want to heal when she backs off so you have to make a choice. Dodging her grapple in this part is quite easy but I still couldn't tell if there is a pattern to where she jumps. It seemed random. The 2nd part is quite easy despite being a 1v2, because Friede is a lot more predictable in this phase than 1. I don't know what the optimal strategy is but I think most people just focus the father while drawing him away from Friede. Usually after 2-3 cycles of ice spells Friede will go for a heal where you can do a lot of dmg to her.

The final part of this fight was a complete pain and what made it the hardest for me. The dark/ice spells can both one shot you or 50% at least. She goes for multiple different grabs, all which seem to one hit ko. In close range she has a longer combo so it's much harder to dodge roll, even if you dodge roll unless you eating grass you won't have enough stamina to punish her back when she is done. She is still super easy to interuppt in this phase of the fight but she can one shot you or you can get stuck in a combo and die. I was gonna actually give up and try to figure out how to get Gael or wait for servers to come back. I beat Nameless King pretty easily like in 1-2 hour but I felt in that fight you could tell when it's your turn to attack. In this phase of Friede I could not tell when it's my time to attack. I eventually figured out the attack she has the most recovery for is the dash grab, she just stands and does nothing after that. I eventually just "cheesed" her by waiting for that attack only and playing from max range.

Anyway now I am going to do the 2nd dlc then go for Soul of Cinders. This was an extremely frustrating boss fight but also probably my favorite of DS3 with Nameless King being 2nd and Lothric 3rd.

Analytic Engine posted:

You're free to conquer a challenge run, but Gael is there for story reasons and doesn't even count in the code for boss HP or white sign soapstones. They probably made him optional for the challenge

The # of combatants being lopsided is an enormous advantage

I can usually never figure out how to get the summons or questlines done in these games, usually in my 2nd playthrough I follow guides for that. So I didn't see any summon signs but I probably would have only used in a 2nd run.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sway Grunt posted:

I knew I could count on Friede to smack you around a bit. I generally had more trouble with her first phase, once I figured out how to (semi-)consistently deal with her vanishing act I was able to get to the third in good enough shape.

You might consider fighting Soul of Cinder before Ringed City imo just cause that DLC's a pretty appropriate capstone to the series and its final boss is probably harder than SoC too. There's no problem continuing on after seeing the end cutscene, just don't accidentally start NG+ when you sit down at Firelink.

Ya wouldn't have been a Soulsgame without getting hardstuck on a boss.

Oh ok I was worried about starting NG+ but looks like I can just do the final boss then last dlc. Thanks.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Barudak posted:

Yeah, Bloodborne was the last "beating the final boss makes you NG+ automatically" game for From.

It'll be fun when they reboot armored core and people get shoved to NG+ due to poverty.

Thats a great little change, I usually do ng anyway but it's better to have the option to do it.

I just started Soul of Cinder, tried him for an hour, I had him at like 1%hp multiple times but I messed it up. So far in my boss ranking I would have him tied with Lothric behind NK + Sister Friede. He isn't really that hard but has a lot of hp. He is more enjoyable than Sister Friede though just because he has way more clear visuals when to attack/defend just like NK was.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Barudak posted:

It also made neat changes to the game on NG+ and is why I haven't done an NG+ since then.

What kind? I never replayed DS2 just because how freaking long that game was but I definitely enjoyed my first run.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

skasion posted:

There’s a couple of additional enemies thrown into some zones, the main bosses drop extra boss souls you can use to make new items, and you get a jump scare alternate intro to the giant rock spider boss. not worth playing, especially since you can get most of the same effects much, much more easily with bonfire ascetics anyway.

Barudak posted:

So they range from enemies where they weren't before, entirely new NG+ exclusive enemies, NG+ exclusive gear, NG+ exclusive souls and thus lore which ties to DS1 a little clearer, item changes, mimic location changes and boss fight changes (bonus adds). Do note, you can bonfire ascetic these in, which is why probably they spent time on this.

The absolute best one though is when approaching Tseldora Cove Chapel right as you approach the spider door you get ambushed by Duke's Dear Freya and damage you deal to it there before it scuttles off sticks with it into the bossfight.

DS2 tried to mess with your expectations on NG+ and making it feel fresh, whereas the other games were content with "number go up"

Cool, definitely need to replay that. I did enjoy the game but I also had the most boring build ever. Rapier builds are the worst, it's just poke poke poke all game, it's stupid strong since you can have a shield as well but it was quite a boring playthrough in terms of my build but the game was interesting.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Pair the rapier with an off-hand curved sword or straight sword and it gets a lot better.

One of my favorite set ups in ds2 is main-hand ice rapier + off-hand blue flame, with an off-hand shield and an extra main-hand blue flame as switches. It lets you buff both weapons for massive burst damage with melee combos, has a variety of slashes and thrusts, gives multiple ranged options and keeps conservative two-handed rapier or shield pokes open as an option for bosses where you need it.

One thing Elden Ring really could use is some weapons that let you dual-wield with different categories, like a short rapier that, when dual wielded with straight swords, will take the dual straight sword l1s.

One of my dream Elden Ring dlc weapons: a dagger-catalyst that can adopt the l1 moveset of any small-medium blade it’s paired with.

I wonder if all the rapiers have the same r1 string of just poke poke? I thought some spears have different r1 combos.

E: Got soul of cinders after a bit. Definitely a good ending boss, he wasn't as easy as DS1 Gwyn or Nahendra but wasn't ultra hard where you just quit from ending the game like some people did with Sekiro. I like it when the ultra hard bosses are side quest or optional. That way Fromsoft can go ham and not care that people won't be able to beat it.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 10, 2022

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

FishMcCool posted:

It's literally the most used speedrun weapon. Just google some videos if you suspect you're being trolled. It makes an absolute mockery of the game.

Well yeah. And in case it wasn't also clear: you need to invest in dex.

Ya I kinda posted about my progress with DS3, twinblades was really op, I am a souls "vet" but I usually struggle vs most bosses and never get them in first try. I think I first timed the most bosses in this game with sellsword twinblades.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

drat some of the areas in Ringed City are hard. So far the first boss Demon Prince wasn't that hard, I did die to him a couple of times but the regular enemies are quite annoying. The area with the giant flying enemy that shot lasers at you then in the 2nd area there is the ghost archers then there is the turtle monks that keep spamming a dmg aoe spell on your location. The DLCs were both quite challenging as usual with Fromsoft.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Great atleast Vaati Vidya will have some new content for the next year.

Just beat Midir, Midir can eat poo poo, this is my most annoying type of souls boss. Where there is very little skill involved and it's a game of patience. I don't know his attack pattern seemed very poorly designed because he would do a melee attack then breath fire right under him to get you off. So with a melee build if you just play it patience he is easy but super tedious. That being said he looks super cool. As per usual dragon bosses in souls games are decent but nowhere near as good as the rest of the bosses.

So now I got 2 more bosses then I am 100% done with a base run of DS3. I gotta say the game was a breeze until the last part of the first dlc and most of the 2nd dlc. I do think it has some of the most unique regular enemies of any souls games and their designs are very gross like the mosquito men. You can definitely seem some bleed over from Bloodborne. Most of the bosses in the game were unique and had really amazing visual design. It's a great game but I think they should have added more new gameplay mechanics like the weapon arts. Usually I always do a 2nd run right after my first run but this is the one game where I didn't feel that. Maybe it's just souls fatigue or playing Nioh/Sekiro made me want faster pace than this.

E: Got to Gael, I don't know I guess I am just good vs the human bosses and suck vs monsters. I got him to like 5% hp in first try but I died, while I was stuck on Midir for 2-3 hours.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 19, 2022

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

CYBEReris posted:

midir isn't hard to me but it's an endurance fight so there's a really long time to get impatient and gently caress up

Ya I've noticed those are the worst for me, I want to dodge roll then bash attack. I hate the boss fights where you have to play to the game's rhythm. Gael is definitely cool, I love that he goes berserk as he gets weaker it's a cool idea instead of the usual oh lets revive him after you kill him gimmick this game used a lot. The design is kinda weak though looks like heavily inspired off Artorias. Like Nameless King is just a dude in armor but he is so badass looking and his presentation/aura is different than any other boss.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Analytic Engine posted:

Excellent phrasing there, because Gael literally becomes more like the main character of Berserk (Guts) in each phase. Miyazaki is a huge fanboy of the manga and puts homages into most games (Artorias being a prime example as is Blaidd)

Ya it's kinda a crazy how much Berserk reference this series especially Elden Ring having many similar armors seen in the manga. I didn't realize Gael -> Guts reference fully until you brought it up but he literally has the same crossbow as Guts, red cape which Guts has in some parts and uses a GIANT rear end sword. I think before Guts loses his arm he has a crossbow thingy but I haven't read in years.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Holy poo poo I don't know if they changed it for DS3 but I am pretty sure in past Souls games the boss kill wouldn't count if you died. But I died on the same hit as I killed Gael but I got his soul drop and the victory screen as I died. I have gotten double ko many times in souls games but never actually has it counted as a victory. I respawned and the fog gate was gone, went to the final bonfire.

All in all, I think the game is a great improvement from DS2, by the end I was kinda bored but I don't think its the games fault, I have just played way too much Souls. The enemy design is really cool in this, so many transforming enemies really makes you respect regular dregs the first time when you don't know which ones will transofmr, each area has so many different enemies. I wish Fromsoft would add a monster compendium where you could look at the monsters 3D model because some of them are so creative like the caged bodies enemy or cross carriers.

My ranking for most fun bosses would be. Sister Friede > Slave Knight Gael > Soul of Cinders > Nameless King > Lothric. Bosses like Sulyvahn, Aldric, Abyss Watchers were really cool fights but easy. Midir was probably one of the harder bosses but I hated him because he forced you to play into his patterns way too much, it just felt like a flowchart .This was like the easiest Souls game for me but I unknowingly did use some of the most broken weapons although I did switch out from twinblades because it was too op. The DLC was super hard though and it put me back in my place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Flytrap posted:

You could die with the boss and still win in previous games, it was just a matter of timing and how long the bosses death animation lasted. Also works on multiplayer: I've had sunbros kill the boss right after I died or killed one after they died and the boss stayed dead.

Ya I guess I was just unlucky since it seems other people in thread seem to have defeated bosses in double ko.

As for DS2, I love DS2 but if they cut like 25% of that game, it would have been such a better experience. Too many dudes in armor bosses, too many locations that are just straight line linear/non memorable. I definitely like it and think its a very good game though. I played a poo poo ton of the PVP in that game.

Now I have played all Soulsborne except for Elden Ring, I will probably wait a bit before playing it though because its apparently so long.