Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
There's so many people playing, I didn't know there were AI phantoms. I saw a guy summon one for Vordt and Whaaaaaaaat the Faraam armor is in the game, gently caress yeah, I wanna get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
This game is loving crazy on the multiplayer.

I got a warrior of sunlight to help me out on the Undead Settlement start. A red guy invades me in the middle of the courtyard, a blue cop shows up and it's three against one. As customary for a red, you let others pull mobs to even the odds. It didn't help though. Just noticed the invader had the Lucatiel armor, so i'm pretty hyped to get that soon.

After all is said and done and we clear the mobs, Sunlight fellow helps me get the actual Sunlight covenant item and I learn about estus soups. A lot of clearing happens and I get invaded just before I reach the Dilapidated bridge. Sunlight fellow gave his life protecting me from the purple phantom with dual caesti. I got parried with my halberd charge by this guy and he does the classic haymaker while i'm on my knees animation. Blue cop invades in the middle of this last fight, and kills the invader just after he finishes the animation on the parry.

While processing what just took place, I look around and see the dilapidated bridge bonfire. I hightail the gently caress out of there after setting the bonfire to cash in my souls.

I've never had that much poo poo take place in any Dark Souls I played.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
By the way I like how the Halberd is reverted to the Dark souls 1 moveset, and I pretty much tore every non-player enemy apart with patience with that thing

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Haha, wait till you get to the loving ninja skeletons and skeleton giants that loving turn invisible as they charge you.

loving what.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I need some advice on the Greatwood. I'm using a Halberd. so it's a little tricky, but doable to hit the other nutsacks. But i seem to be stuck at 1/4 percent health when I run out of poo poo to hit. Should I just cave in and get some sort of bow?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I feel like i'm stuck. Is there an area behind the Crystal Sage fight? I avoided that after having to fight two pot wielding hollows, so I got outta there quick. I followed the farron keep route, took down the boss there and in Carthus, and I need some doll to cross to the next beautifully made area.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Groovelord Neato posted:

yes you need to go to the cathedral of the deep.

Okay, is that the path where you beat the Crystal sage?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Man, Cathedral of the Deep is classic dark souls. Good chunk of low level enemies that can you can underestimate if you're not careful. I just unlocked all the shortcuts on the cleansing shrine, so it was pretty satisfying just exploring and finding every nook and cranny just to get in this massive building.

I haven't finished it yet though. Is it possible to just cheese your way past the giants inside? Or will you run out of arrows before then?

Why can't they all be dumb reasonable, like the one in the tower?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Not sure if this happened to everybody else, but fighting the giant demon in the mimic room in the catacombs? All I had to do was goad the demon to shoot fire at me while I was at the top of the stairs.

Everytime said demon would chase after me, he'd run up the stairs, and then slowly back himself down the stairs because It was way past his "Aggro" range. It let me sneak in at least three shots to where i'd run back up and rinse and repeat. It took about maybe 4-5 turns of the same thing happening, but it was supremely easy so long as you don't get bored or cocky, and accidentally walk into the one or two skeletons that could spawn.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Weird how I want a bow of some sort now. All I could find was a Composite bow from the handmaiden, but I remember Geirat had a short bow i could buy. I just sent him to Ithyrill to pillage. He'll come back after a few boss kills, i'm sure.

thanks to spoilers, I know i got the short end of the stick here. Best part of all, I still sent him to Ithyill after knowing what would happen.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Just like in the first game, and for different reasons in two...The Halberd is best.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Lost to the Deacons. I was maybe six hits away until I got turned into crystal.

Any way to avoid that? Or is that pretty much a burn phase and that maybe I ought to have a Cursebite ring?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm not very far in the story, only took down the Lord of Cinder of Farron Keep, but I like how Ludleth the exiled is basically "Well, I AM called the exiled, but look at me now!"

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Internet Kraken posted:

So I don't suppose anyone could trade me the sunset helm to my new character? I think I might of already screwed up the moundmakers by killing the tree, forgetting how the quest to get it worked.

I could trade you something from my character that has beaten the game in exchange :v:

Disappointing. I was hoping I could get a setup where I can use the dagger's quickstep without having to dual wield it. Putting it in the left hand just makes it do the lovely block instead of the weapon art though.

If you use a shield with the special "Use FP skill", will you immediately start dual wielding after using the skill, or do you keep being one handed?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I don't remember if I got this question answered. Being summoned and all that is determined by Soul Level 1-10 and beyond? or 1-15?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
For the record, I got to Ithryll of Boreal Valley and Im at SL 49. After travelling around with a phantom, I get the feeling that maybe I need a gently caress ton of titanite to match the strength of the poo poo that's there

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Alllright, where can I find an Estoc?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Buschmaki posted:

Greirat start selling them after you send him out to pillage once.

So I was right on that first time. gently caress. Guess I'm gonna find him in Ithryll.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So I got to the boss in the Boreal Valley. It's fuckin' Fume Knight 2.0 all over again.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Left Eye Is kinda useful, you just need to basically use all your stamina to get some type of result. I'm still rocking the halberd, and you can stunlock most enemies by doing R1 until you're out. The last hit out of those five always seems to net me a little chunk of health.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 23, 2016

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I take it Lloyd's talisman is now super useful? I got blindsided by those guys in the Cathedral, and I notice most players don't see that coming.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

MrLonghair posted:

For disconnecting with active players of any kind in the game that host has earned an in-game punishment, 30 of those and it' s a temporary ban from everything online on that character, earn the ban again by 30 closures of the game and that's a permanently offlined character.

It should be more like 10 rather than 30 because gently caress all of those people.

Offlined character? or Offline account?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Without spoiling anything, getting the Giant's Coal was kinda depressing. That whole area sure brings back some memories though.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Alright, I'm kinda lost. Just took down Aldrich with some help, Yhorm i think is last on my sights, Where the hell is this Ithryll dungeon?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Mazerunner posted:

Not directly. I think the implication is that by ringing the bell you're challenging him to a deathmatch. Somehow. For some reason.

I can't remember exactly the details of how to get there did you get to the lake, underneath the entrance bridge? There's a building near the sewers that lead to where Sieg was in the kitchen.

Don't lock on, and stand close to but in front of his head

Oh, so where I found two different ashes, and some really hosed up monsters?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Fister Roboto posted:

Are the Lothric spear knights completely unparryable, or do I just need to get good?

Dunno, they seem to try to shield bash you more often than anything else, and I can't remember any shield bash being parryable.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

The Gorp posted:

So it turns out rushing the 34 strength and 30 faith required for Mourne's Hammer places you at a level where it basically 2-shots anyone. You get to play with all low level people too, because at +3 or so it doesn't lock you out of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V9o0fDUlyw

As it happens this weapons L2 is a straight upgrade to Wrath of God. More damage, more range, and near-infinite poise. Why does FROM hate magic?

So it's basically wrath of the gods in hammer form

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
poo poo, my game crashed for the first time trying to gather up people for the dancer of boreal valley. Does that count as a dick disconnect?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Wow, I didn't expect the profaned capital to be a pushover.

Is it me or is that place basically where the Lordvessel is?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Alright, these two dragons in the castle are pissing me off. I've killed a boatload of dragon knights, and I have yet to get a dragonslayer bow. There a corpse somewhere that might have one?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I have to say that Dragonslayer Armour and the Final boss are hands down the best fights in the game. The Final boss song gives off an alarming about of goosebumps, absolutely loved it.

Saddest fight I think was the twin princes.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I was pretty mad when I lost against a guy with Black Knight Sword and Estoc. Seems like the only time poise is useful is if you get a weapon that increases it. That or wearing havel or something.

I got a question. I basically did the neutral ending, is there anything for me in the unattended graves? because I sped through that, and while pretty much going "whaaaaat the gently caress is going on??" on everything, it was mostly empty for me.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Idea: Make red Invaders match the amount of estus flasks the invadee has. Cops and helpers keep the reduced amounts.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I came back to the longsword, made it +10 and why isn't everyone using this?

Also, where the gently caress is the pyromancer guy anyway? I beat this game never finding the guy.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

ShadowMar posted:

because it's loving boring as poo poo

I think how boring it is depends on how often you use it. I went for a halberd, then the wolf knight greatsword in my entire playthrough. I go back to Longsword with materials to jump it up to +10 after I win the game and it's like "where have you been all my life?"

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Fereydun posted:

it's very well established that skeletons do not follow any laws

not those of life/death, sovereign nations nor even the very basic concepts of physics themselves

all skeletons are wild outlaws living on the edge

bad to the bone motherfucker

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Whips are poo poo. Why can't I be a belmont???????

Dark souls 2 got the whips right, but the stupid loving durability thing they did screwed it all up. Now we're back to whips lasting forever, but not doing well at all.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I went back to the room a couple of times to see how to kick that ladder that's behind her down. That and to get the Lothric armor set and practice against the knights outside.

Dark Souls 3 is better at putting you on the right path, but goddamn, I missed every single one of these questlines. Only thing I possibly followed to it's conclusion was Geirat.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Question, at the beginning of the Cathedral of the Deep you fight two NPC style enemies. One is a copy of the bandit from DS1's forest covenant, the other is some kind of assassin.

Only, that assassin is wearing an armor set I have not seen anywhere else in the game. Its certainly not the assassin armor set. Does anyone know what it is?

It looked like the Fallen Knight set to me. That armor set is found the lake around the Crucifixion Woods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
The Old Demon King is a piece of poo poo fight as melee. Half the time the camera breaks lock-on because you need to see what the hell he's doing.

It's this guy and the Nameless King, that's all the bosses I got left.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 1, 2016