Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
That's an awfully cynical title when you could have gone with something nice like "You can finally go steady with Solaire" or "The eternal quest to join dragondorks" or "Don't pick sorcerer". :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
(spoilers: small bit of a location, armor/weapons incl. returning items, covenant interactions?) Soon friends, soon

There was a blue there too but he died as I was running down to the party.
If you can spot the host you win.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

WaltherFeng posted:

Important question: Can the knight fast roll with his starting equipment? I'm coming from Bloodborne so I need to be as agile as possible.

yes

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

GreyPowerVan posted:

so is this a 3-way melee?

The only people who can't damage each other in that scenario are sunnyd and the host.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Ulvirich posted:

Reading that reddit link earlier, there's a password for doing co-op with a specific someone?

Yes and goon pw is LASERTAG but make appointments here don't just set it and try to play the whole game that way.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

How is the world layout? Is it all interconnected like DaS? Or just multiple non-interconnecting paths like DaSII?

More like DS2, but the areas themselves are very dense, you won't be too disappointed.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

A Magical Lamp posted:

Is it even possible to join the Bluecops that early?

Way of the Blue you can get in the first non-tutorial area, cops are in the third.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I don't know about not taking too much from Bloodborne, cannon is still OP and I've been popping bosses left and right with my spear that turns into a rifle.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
It's my birthday and my friend gave me season pass and an extra copy because he knew I wanted to give it to someone else too. :allears: Of course that guy won't have the preload done in time, but I look forward to forming the ultimate ganksquad.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I also look forward to the game crashing all the time on PC for anyone who makes the mistake of not choosing the best class, as has been rumored.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
restart steam geniuses

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I don't think they realize that people literally take work off or set aside time to play games exactly when it's unlocked.

Well if you are EST it's 6PM so it means you should be off work anyway unless you work the worst job in the world

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Bozart posted:

I got the ps4 version - I read somewhere that the worldwide release would be at the same time for everything but my ps4 menu says it will be out at midnight. Did I back the wrong hoss?

You didn't buy the JPN ps4 version so you could play 3 weeks ago, you dun goofed

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

nerdz posted:

So I summon two dudes to help me with a boss, but they can't seem to get through the fog wall? This happened twice, second time I beat the boss by myself.

I am having this issue too, phantoms disappear when I go through the fog wall or they just can't walk through it.
Note this has NEVER happened on the PS4 version. :psyduck:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

mm, hrm, yes, of course...

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Jose posted:

How do you get into the gorge near the dilapidated bridge bonfire? I've looked around and can't find a way down and it looks too far to fall

https://fat.gfycat.com/MilkyThoroughCockroach.mp4

:thumbsup:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

LibbyM posted:

How far in do you have to get for the sunlight warriors covenant in this game? (I don't think that's really a spoiler but erring on the side of caution for people.)

Undead Settlement

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Robo Reagan posted:

Spoiler how to become a Sunbro tia

In the house of the Undead Settlement where you meet that first red-eyed whirliweapon farmer, and two of those jingly elves, you should have noticed there is a door you cannot open. But you can get in above it, through a hole in the floor on the level where there's about 50 billion hanging bodies. Then you'll find the sunbro's insignia, right where sunbros belong. mmmmmm tasty

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Valiant Pudding posted:

So I really enjoyed DS1 and played about an hour or 2 in DS2. Go straight to DS3 yay or nay?

Yes

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
There's only one place in the game where you HAVE to HB out afaik, and it's not there.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
How's it feel to be back at work after spending a night CTDing with the greatest game of all time?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Harrow posted:

I am not a fan of the NPC invader in the Undead Settlement. He's of the Dark Souls 2 school of NPC invader, I see: heal himself constantly and take jack poo poo for damage in return.

I ended up having to retreat because I ran out of Estus and he'd kill me in one more hit, so I'm sure glad I get to do the area again and then probably have the exact same thing happen :smith:

He runs out of estus bottles eventually, then he can only use warmth and you just have to outdamage warmth or interrupt him when he tries to cast it. I beat him by using the charge jump attack of the club (not reinforced but the regular one, reinforced does a swipe instead). Club was not upgraded.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

cram me sideways posted:

Playing sorcerer - should I upgrade my sword with the titanite shard or fire gem?

I tried fire and it sucked, just make your weapon raw.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

NGDBSS posted:

Currently I'm confused on which direction to go. I've killed the tree and otherwise grabbed everything that seems to be about in the Undead Settlement. (Up to five bonfires there.) I haven't yet explored beyond the frost knight beyond where some guy with a hammer gave me a warning, since said frost knight's been pushing my poo poo in. Is that the direction I should be going, or is there another potential route?

Check this pro strat for frosty (55:35)

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Gahmah posted:

Anyone else using DS4? I can only use my controller through the steam link, otherwise it only reads the touchpad, doubly bizarre is that I'm already using input mapper to play with it through the steam link. Sometimes I just want to play in my room, like early in the morning

DS4Windows, in the profile (make one for DS3) check the radio button that says use touchpad for controls, then under settings check "hide DS4 controller".

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I really like that they kept Andre as the only NPC with a flapping mouth just like he was in DS1.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there any way to get up to the dragon in lothric or do I have to plink it to death from below?

it's going to fly away like a weiner if you get it too low anyway

voltcatfish posted:

I have absolutely no idea where to go in dark souls 3

where is the "beginner" supposed to go from the High Wall's second bonfire? I'm clueless.

Uhhh forward? Go down the tower you're in till a place you can go out.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Anti-Hero posted:

Where is the glorious sunbro covenant at?

Covenants how to access, in roughly the order you will encounter them -
  • Bluebabies - Speak with Emma in the room opposite fatknight's boss room in High Wall of Lothric

• SunnyD - Pick up the emblem in a hidden room in Undead Settlement. To reach it, find the house with 2 jingling elves and 1 red-eyed undead villager in it, there are also some cage monsters in a long hallway on the bottom floor. You should notice on the bottom floor there is a door you cannot open. Go back up one floor and find a hole you can drop into to access that room. You redeem sun talismans in (boss spoiler) a hidden room in Lothric Castle, before the Armor boss. Look around the building opposite the entrance to the boss room for a ladder, otherwise you won't be able to get in (there's a locked door on the building you can't open from the outside).

• Purples (boss spoiler) - Do not engage the Greatwood boss. From the first bonfire in the Undead Settlement, head to where the evangelist and some workers are holding a prayer at a big burning tree. From there, go right along a bridge. Around the right side of the next building is an extra path with lots of jingle elves blowing darts at you. From the furthest right rooftop, you can drop down to another small area where there is a big guy with a cage on his back. Don't hurt him, walk up behind him and enter the cage.

• Bluecops - Speak with Horace when you meet him and Anri on the Path of Sacrifices

• Reds - You need to have opened the shortcut to the left side of the bonfire in Cathedral of the Deep (if you are facing the bonfire it is to your left). There is a second door within that shortcut that leads to an elevator. Take the elevator up, kill the crossbow enemy, then examine the ledge it was standing on to find a path around. Then, drop off onto a lower red tile roof path. From there, head up the path and eventually there will be an opening to your left that leads you to a bunch of sexy curvy rafters. Head left along those till you find yet another place you can drop down onto a platform. Fight a bunch of maggot people, then take the door to your right. If you are looking for the full red orb, a NPC in Firelink will at some point appear near the largest empty throne, and he will give you 5 cracked orbs. Use all of them/progress a bit and he will give you a key. Go to the second bonfire in High Wall of Lothric, then go to the bottom floor and use the key.

• Defendercov1 - In the poisonous swamp area, in the middleish portion there is a tower. Wander around that tower till you find a ladder with leeches at the base of it. Go up the ladder and the covenant will be waiting for you by the bonfire there.

• Defendercov2 (boss spoiler) - After you defeat the Pontiff boss, there will be a road covered in dead giants. At the end of the road is a building with a staircase leading up, but what you want to do is check around the first room you enter for an illusory wall. Run really fast around the area behind the wall so you can find a fat guy before you are murdered horribly by Rudolph the Red-Eyed Ratdog x2.

• Blues2s,Even Bluer (MAJOR location spoiler, I'm serious don't look if you have not beaten the game) - There is an invisible bridge off the rotating staircase in Anor Londo, leading toward where the painting cathedral was in DS1. You may have to rotate the staircase. You can use prism stones to identify the path. - thx lets hang out for this one

• Dragons (location/location access/boss spoilers) - There isn't one. That said, you can get the dress-up suit. You have to fully explore a hidden map you can access from the dungeon/jail map by using a gesture you learn after defeating the Onceiros boss in Lothric Castle. You use the gesture in a shortcut path in the jail, where there is a bizarre broken statue sitting and facing a vista of the mountains and some ruins. Then, to get the second stone to complete your suit you need to talk to Andre/Hawkwood in Firelink then teleport to the Abyss Watchers boss arena.

• Other Covenant - I'm just keeping the dream alive here.

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 12, 2016

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

scamtank posted:

Where do you redeem Sunny D stickers?

There is a (boss spoiler) secret room near the Armor boss in Lothric Castle with a sunlight altar in it- iirc you need to go around the side of the building directly opposite the entrance to the boss arena, then climb up a ladder to the roof.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

lets hang out posted:

Invisible bridge from the rotating stairway in Anor Londo, leading off toward where the cathedral was in ds1.

I had the general area hurray.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Gortarius posted:

Who thought it was a good idea to keep leveling up tied to a single npc? Afaik DS1 is the only game that had the common sense to offer a quality of life feature and just let you level up all over the place. I can't imagine console players are too happy with having to wait out two loading screens (Don't know how lengthy but prob worse off than PC in that regard) to resume playing, but apparently someone keeps putting it in these games?

The loading screens are nothing like Bloodborne so tbh I didn't notice it, but yes forcing you back to the hub all the time is always dumb and why can't every npc just be in the bonfire (I'm not being sarcastic btw).

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Wow, even coming right off bloodborne and sotfs, this game is kicking my rear end. Any tips besides getting gudder?

Make your weapon raw and level only HP and stamina, you can respec later. :downs:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
^No

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

net cafe scandal posted:

If you want to miss the rarest and most fabulous loot, nestled in the darkest corners, heck I can't stop you.

DS3 real talk: There was some item behind a pile of crazy combusting cultists and a giant axe guy and I beat all of them and finally clambered toward the irresistible white glow... And it was a soul money item only.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Harrow posted:

If one were to use CheatEngine to rename one's character (that was possible in DS2, at least), would that be seriously risking a softban?

I don't think anyone knows yet if they copy/pasted SOTFS limitations or what.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Thumbtacks posted:

i have no loving idea where to go in cathedral of the deep. already found the covenant but as far as i can tell the rafters don't go anywhere and I have no idea where I am

Go and play with the giants.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm gonna be really mad if you can't kill that archer in Undead Settlement. That fucker even shoots at you when you're an invading phantom! :argh:

helps any time :3:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

pthighs posted:

Thanks. Is there an inexhaustible supply of embers or do I need to hoard them?

Co-op revives your cinder mode AND gives you an ember.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Fat Samurai posted:

Killing two Lothric Knights and a Black knight in a row with only 4 Estus is proving to be a challenge. I know I don't need two, but that fucker is going down.

That is not a black knight. :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Guillermus posted:

Now I killed the tree boss and I can't see him anywhere and I'm stuck in the game with nowhere to go.

From the entrance to tree boss, turn around and run the opposite direction, then go left across a bridge where there's a couple red cloaked guys with paint bowls (though go right first to open a shortcut).