Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cirofren posted:

Yeah it's pretty cool no region had the game before any others what a well managed release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ornstein isn't actually in ds1, he's an illusion.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

can't believe it's less than two hours away.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

b0red posted:

What is everyone's choice of drink tonight?

estus

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

What time does steam unlock?

32 minutes from now, friend.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

Do I have to VPN to become a temporary Australian?

Also depraved the is the best class!

no it legit unlocks in half an hour.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

me for the next 15 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD448x8iitk

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

voltcatfish posted:

Is the combat actually...faster? It doesn't feel any faster to me.

yes very much so.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

roll to the side and hit them a bunch.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

Oh my god these skull harpies are the loving worst

it's really the screamo guy that enrages em that i dislike! a great deal in fact!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

when and where can i find the best 2h to mostly carry me through the game? they always got one.

i don't know when i can buy shards as much as i want and don't wanna waste em.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mr.PayDay posted:

129,269 current player peak today on steam :stare: IIRC this is on par with Fallout 4 and GTA V release peaks

good. it is better than every game in both series put together.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Malcolm XML posted:

Tree boss coop owns

He's just a loving pain to take down normally but absolutely trivial with 2 people

it's funny cuz me and another buddy were helping a third bud do it and kept getting stomped.

i beat it first try solo despite using 4/5 estus on the first phase. second phase you just have to run around until he stands up, get on his left side, and whack on the arm when he's on the ground.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eonwe posted:

i think i added you on steam? probably?

ks/killstealing stole my name for dark souls. i'm shawnwilkesbooth on steam and in ds3.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

would assume optional as it's at a dead end.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's so dumb games come out on tuesdays!!! work seems so much longer!!! i'm so far behind everyone!!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

summoning for bosses is cheating tho.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

Best part about the game is helping people do boss fights.

agreed, jolly cooperation owns. but i must defeat them on of my own first or i haven't truly beaten the game.

Harrow posted:

I'm weird about it. I don't like summoning help for boss fights, but I love being summoned.

same.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

Gaben will personally check your play history and technically you arn't posting screenshots of you soloing it.

gently caress.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Emalde posted:

Summon all of the people for bosses if you're trying to play a mage, don't listen to the gitgud people b/c you're already playing with an arm and leg tied due to how trash magic is for 70% of the game

magic users are scum.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how do I get Orc Chieftan Thrall Axe?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eraflure posted:

I'm guessing you need to kill the black ninja goblins wielding those (the little assholes who cling to walls/ceilings and jump everywhere), but they're not very cooperative.

the guys with hoods like greirat?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm at the final boss so i've been through most of the game (every optional area but the lake since gently caress it). how does fromsoftware do it. why can't other companies do it. drat.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

second to last boss is the sickest poo poo. miyazaki i could kiss you on your perfect lips.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BobTheJanitor posted:

On this topic, can we agree that the chain-axe enemies there are the most BS enemies in the game? The whole game has some issues with enemies attacking through stuff while your attacks bounce off of everything, but those guys were the worst. I had one axe-snipe me straight through a wall while I was going for a sip. Also in general I hate the way that the game will drop your lock on if a monster so much as dips behind a corner, but they keep right on attacking you through geometry. :argh:

they're easier than the little ones with daggers.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a cop posted:

Also, I have a friend who says that he found Chameleon on a corpse, even though he didn't level up with the pilgrim 5 times and so that other NPC didn't show up after the pilgrim died. Everything I'm reading online says that finding Chameleon is predicated upon that NPC showing up (so, you had to have levelled up with the pilgrim 5 times before entering the catacombs)

If there's anyone else who finds Chameleon WITHOUT that other npc showing up please let me know.

yes, i looted one late in the game (from an optional area if i remember right) and i didn't do poo poo with him (and you loot it off a dead pilgrim).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there a closer bonfire to Two Pricks or is the "shortcut" really either a minute jog through enemies or a minute elevator ride?

it's two elevator rides.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

me during that fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdy_rct6uo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you can pull them one at time without any ranged weapons, the shield ones won't run at you anyway.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Wait now the elevator won't even go up, it keeps going back down to a titanite slab. How do I fix this?

it';s like the church in undead settlement elevator.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The easiest way through that health-draining conga line is to just wait for the gap and jog or walk (not sprint) along the side of that wall as they go around. Their visibility is pretty poo poo, so you can just slip right past. Just be careful of the rear cell on the left side, because there's some enemy in there that will scream and alert them all if you go in it.

you can lure them one or two at a time back to where you came in and clear em out pretty easily.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fargin Icehole posted:

I feel like i'm stuck. Is there an area behind the Crystal Sage fight? Because I took down the boss in Carthus, and I need some doll to cross to the next beautifully made area.

yes you need to go to the cathedral of the deep.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

This is the worst "shortcut" I can think of in a Souls game, good lord.

it's two elevator rides, boring but not the worst.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

katkillad2 posted:

It's like DS2 all over again with the spinning around and attacks hitting you from nearly every angle.

dancer and pontiff both have those. strangely enough the two bosses i hated most by quite a margin.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Toriori posted:

I can't believe I'm still stuck on Aldrich. I keep getting so close only to be annihilated by the rain of arrows or massive three in a row soul arrow attack.

my successful attempt he didn't cast the third super long arrow attack.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tamayachi posted:

Having never completed Dark Souls 1, I thought I read people saying he had similar attacks/moves as Gwyn

second phase does and plays the theme.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

man nurse posted:

The Princes are impossible and I think I'm done trying to beat this game.

the pontiff was much harder and you beat him.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fuzz posted:

Many pages late, but the Furtive Pygmy was Manus. They make that abundantly clear.

yeah it's kinda funny when you read online that it's a rumor or whatever but it's really obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BrainD34d posted:

Cool game! 30 hours in and I've just killed dancer of boring valley.

I have to say that I expected the game to be a lot harder than what it has been thus far. I'm playing with 1 hander + shield and basicly 99% of attacks and spells are blockable so as long as you have enough stamina to keep the blocking up during enemy combo you're pretty much immortal.

shields are easy mode duder.