Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sounds like it's not for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

or if you're one handing with nothing in your off hand

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Walrus posted:

wow andre now spells out in tutorialese what infusing and upgrading weapons does. now for casuals etc etc.

He did that in ds1 too

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Anal Surgery posted:

Hey do you HIT illusory walls or try to USE them?

hit them

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Tallgeese posted:

OK, is it me or are hair colors totally messed up?

I set it to 255 and it's still almost black.

the character textures are all hosed up and you should just wear a helmet

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm using a 360 wired controller just fine.

I have no idea where to go after firelink tho...uhhh?

Dark Souls III - Stick the sword in the ground in the middle of firelink

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

OwlFancier posted:

I actually killed it first go, but after dark souls 2, well... I wasn't expecting it.

Just to confirm there's no soul memory in this right? I can die like a casual without loving up my co-op brackets?

that's right

GreenBuckanneer posted:

also how do I get rid of my "unkindled" state? or go human or whatever it is. I died and I'm no longer hot 2 trot.

use an ember, kill a boss, or win an invasion

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

OwlFancier posted:

Good because this random knight dude is beating the poo poo out of me.

loving hell you take a lot of damage in this, feels like some kind of blend of DS2 and what I assume bloodborne was like (never played it) even basic enemies are trouncing me with how mobile and aggressive they are.

this game has a lot of enemies that would feel crazy fast and aggressive even in bloodborne

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Nuebot posted:

So has anyone tried killing the little king dude in firelink?

he drops a thing and then comes back when you leave and return to the place, not particularly upset about it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Your Computer posted:

This combat is.. Very different from DS1/2. Do you get any iframes at all beside the roll? Enemies can hit you even when you're on the ground, meaning if you get pancaked you're probably dead.

you can roll from being on the ground, and in fact you should

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

homeless poster posted:

i'm mostly not digging the way the gui feels like it went back to demon's souls. it's hard to explain, but everything seems all minimalist, like the health and mana bars are really small and they don't seem to give any marker or indication of your general health level. also, i died to the very first boss and when i came back i was not beef jerky man and it didn't look like my health was any lower. i assume that's just a perk of the training area?

nope thats just how it is, enjoy

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Basebf555 posted:

So how early is the soapstone and is it easy to miss it?

its at the store 10 minutes into the game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't get these stance weapon arts. So you hold the button to enter the stance, press strong attack to unleash the stance version of the heavy attack. But to unleash the stance version of the light attack, you don't just hit the light attack button? Instead it seems like you have to let go of the stance button and press the light attack at the same moment.

It feels really clunky. I'm not seeing why the light attack doesn't work like the strong one.

does on consoles, i dunno

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

GreyPowerVan posted:

does literally everyone just play the game with 2 phantoms at all times? all 4 of my invades have been 3v1s lol

it matches you against groups before lone players so yeah you're mostly going to get them

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Control Volume posted:

I got the white screen issue fixed and now my dinky little R9 200-something is running this at silky smooth frame rates and I murdered a katana man? Was this a bad thing? I still haven't died either I'm not sure what's going on.

you're the real monster here

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Foodchain posted:

Is there sublime bone dust in this? I found like 4 estus shards, but nothing to actually make my flask heal more.

yes

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ZZZorcerer posted:

So... I summoned a mad ghost and killed it, didn't get anything :confused: why would anyone summon purple ghosts if the host doesn't get anything by winning ?

purples can help the host by fighting enemies and invaders. unfortunately a lot of people are boring and just use it like a red sign.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ZZZorcerer posted:

But why summon a purple one for helping with enemies and invaders if you can just summon a white/gold one ?
If there's the danger of him attacking me at least I should get something (a covenant item or some ember ?)

if you got a reward for it people would only summon purples to gank them with a squad of whites and yellows

e: which is mostly what happens anyway

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Schmetterling posted:

If you wear a colour changing ring, does your summon sign change colour too?

no

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lothric knights do have a unique spear, i don't know if the ones at the beginning of the game drop it but i don't see why they wouldn't

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

purples can't enter boss rooms

Dance Party! posted:

uh did the game disappear off the psn store? It doesn't show up in search. Been like that for over 30 mins now

takes them a long time to change the preorder page to the release page. it'll be up later.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Etrips posted:

As a newbie knight, what should I be dumping my stats into?

vigor for hp, endurance for stamina, and strength or dexterity depending on how the weapon you want to use scales. if you can't decide just split it between str and dex evenly. put points into vitality to increase your equip load if you need to get under 70% for medium rolls.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

About how far in do you have to get for invasion territory?

first place you warp to

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mortimer posted:

What should I do to make my weapon not be bad as a pyromancer

Raw

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

NESguerilla posted:

Couple of newb questions.

What stat to I have to pump to bump up the weapon arts meter? Is it the same as building up magic since it's the same bar?

Can you respec weapons this time around or maybe get some upgrade materials back, or it the usual souls fare where you are locked to upgrading only a couple of weapons in a play through?

Attunement

Yes

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Embers are a one time full heal

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

double nine posted:

Man those snakehead fuckers are horrible. They obscure the camera when you get too close and lock-on seems to work against you more times than not, the snakeheads can phase through walls/floors to hit you - and they hit like a motherfucker. Do they drop anything worthwhile?

They drop embers sometimes

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

il serpente cosmico posted:

Quick question about infusions: Do they only work on base weapons, or could I use a Sharpstone on a +5 Uchi to turn it into a Sharp Uchi? If I do this, will I lose any of the upgrade levels on it?

You can and you won't lose any upgrades

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Gortarius posted:

Okay, I should clarify a bit. In Dark souls 1 after I got out of the tutorial, I could go to several different locations. Undead Burg, Down to the ruins, with master key I could go to blight town and beyond or go across the canyone and reach the forest area which also connects to pretty much everything else.

In DS2 it was the same deal, for the most part, although a lot more restrictive, imo. I could go to Heide or the Giants place, could farm a bit of souls and go down the well (or do you actually need the cat ring for that?), maybe get a branch and try my luck in the place behind the dressup doll.

I first thought I could go to a lot of different areas from Firelink in DS3 because the place was full of doorways but nope. So what I'm curious about is that if there is a crossroad early on in DS3 where I could choose to go to several different areas, even if I'm not really supposed to?

There are two different places you can go from the high wall

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Etrips posted:

Is there a level cap based on where you are in the story? Can't seem to level up despite having a good amount of souls.

Er, no. The firekeeper will level you up at any point.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Bleed is good, poison is bad

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

turtlecrunch posted:

Covenants how to access, in roughly the order you will encounter them -
  • Blues2s,Even Bluer

Realest spoilers btw Invisible bridge from the rotating stairway in Anor Londo, leading off toward where the cathedral was in ds1.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Gortarius posted:

Who thought it was a good idea to keep leveling up tied to a single npc? Afaik DS1 is the only game that had the common sense to offer a quality of life feature and just let you level up all over the place. I can't imagine console players are too happy with having to wait out two loading screens (Don't know how lengthy but prob worse off than PC in that regard) to resume playing, but apparently someone keeps putting it in these games?

They wanted to do it in ds1 too but couldn't for technical reasons or something.

Anyway at least they do a better job justifying it in this one because things change with npcs there all the time.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's ash, from killing enemies. It doesn't have anything to do with Yoel.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mr E posted:

Does the (ending spoilers) usurpation of fire ending mean that I lose health every time I die with the hollowing? Wanted to know before I went on that path. Game's much easier when it's in a language I understand.

You don't lose max hp in this game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Yo hey any tips on how to get the firekeeper set I tried and tried last night but all I got out of it was 99 hollowing

You need to be further left than you think you do, and try rolling off instead of jumping

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Daynab posted:

I've finished exploring the undead settlement and kill the tree dude, my only path is below the tower, right? I can't figure out how to kill the fast frost knight there :( there's like zero open window where I can hit him between his super quick attacks and he doesn't get staggered!

Just open the door and run out, he can't hit you during the animation

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Turtlicious posted:

Is Leohnard gone for good if I beat the balls tree? Have I lost my chance at a red eye orb?

Just check back later, you're fine

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

codo27 posted:

Its a paradise compared to that.

After beating [spoilers]Vordt[/spoilers] you are looking right down on where you go next. When you get down there, if you look back to the Lothric part of the bridge thats out with the dead dragon, opposite all those weird humpback things dead on the ground, there is at least one item I can see. I cant figure out how to get over there, obviously has to be while still at Lothric but I feel like I've been everywhere.

You don't get there from lothric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

mrs. nicholas sarkozy posted:

So uh my character has red scars where her eyes used to be and looks pickled what did I do

did you maybe take someone's very generous offer