Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So glad I'm gonna be post call all day tomorrow.

Finally came slightly out of blackout to check the weapon upgrade setup, living that they took all the QoL changes from DS2 and made them even better. Now if only they don't make it so the mace is definitively the best one handed weapon in the game, and every loving boss is some variation of "dude in armor" that is weak to bludgeoning damage and using a sword is about as effective as punching them. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Look at all these people posting about PvP while also taking about buying the PC version, like it won't be full of hackers and cheaters within the first 48 hours*.

* - Console versions will turn into the same thing, mind you, it just might take an extra few days.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Harrow posted:

I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow to play all day, so it's probably no more lame than that.

(Incidentally I'm also legitimately sick today but I couldn't force myself to take two days off in a row when one of them is for a relatively frivolous reason, so here I am at work coughing my lungs out onto my keyboard.)

I love that when it came to choosing video games vs spreading your pestilence to everyone you work with, you chose video games.

:patriot:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Holy poo poo gently caress this ice knight at the bottom of the elevator, how is he harder to kill than the drat boss.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

gently caress, I'm gonna have to farm up more levels to kill this stupid ice knight. I hate when the game level checks you in the face. Dude murders me in 2 hits. :smith:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Day Man posted:

Don't get hit.

That's really hard when the stupid pillars keep loving up my camera and make me face the wrong way.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

codo27 posted:

You can turn that off in the settings

Haha, beat him on the first try after that! Thanks for the tip, I didn't realize that's what that stupid setting does.

This forest is freaky. One thing that's bothered me thus far... playing as an Assassin, but I have yet to find any light armor that's even remotely better/more efficient than the starter set...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

OH GOD I KILLED ALL THE CRABS. :gonk:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Where the hell does the Vinheim Sorceror guy go when you send him to Firelink? I must be blind, I've scoured the whole shrine and can't find him.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'm in the swamp/Cathedral of the Deep already and I'm STILL using my placeholder Fire Longsword +3 for lack of a better weapon that's really made me want to bother with it. :smith:

Where's my Baldur's Straight Sword or something similar, dammit? Or what about a Claymore? May just have to roll Scythe, DS1 style!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

claymore is where the dragon breathes fire in high wall. its like the 3rd weapon available to you in the game.

I still get fried by his breath on that big area... how the hell did you guys survive that, considering he lights the ground on fire?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So what's the best infusion to toss on a Lothric Knight Sword? I have mine at +5 but my Fire Longsword +3 still outdamages it so I've been leaving it in my storage so as to not fuckup my invasions/summoning. My guy is Dex based, Dex is currently about 26. At +5 the Lothric still does D and C scaling for Strength and Dex, respectively, I was debating maybe going Quality but ehhh, I wanna dabble in magic (mainly buffs for dickhead invading tricks) and I'm thinking maybe Sharp is the way to go... Does it really hit S scaling in Dex on its own by +10? Because the scaling thus far is really unimpressive.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Whelp, I hosed up.

Found Anri in the Church, and then killed a hidden Assassin sent by Yuria hiding in the corner. Killed the Pontiff and went back to Firelink, Yuria refused to deal with me, so I killed her to get her ash rather than lose out on a merchant. Got a swank sword from her, though.

I'm, guessing I can't get the secret ending now and should just cure my Hollowing, huh?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

Is there something I can do in that room that is up the staircase by the Ithyll Bonfire?

It's the other end of a shortcut.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Wow, the area after the Pontiff is a complete invasion clusterfuck what the hell. Took two steps inside and got invaded by 4 people at once, 2 Blues and 2 reds, is that normal?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Many pages late, but the Furtive Pygmy was Manus. They make that abundantly clear.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

A great thing about Bloodborne was that even an un-upgraded gun with no BLT investment could punish a person out of vialing if you were good. I'm having problems getting the same thing going with pyro, since the cast is sort of slow.

THROWING. KNIVES.

Seriously, if you don't want to go crazy with invasions, invest in some and keep them ready to go. Bonus if they're Kukris because those actually scale and if they're stupid and keep trying to chug you can usually land the bleed on them, which often kills them.

They're so drat good in this game.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Jesus gently caress Havel is bullshit in this game since everything can magically turn at insane speed and all weapons are auto-seeking. :argh:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

More people need to start using the Black Blade. The argument that it's a crappier Washing Pole are folly - it ends up with more base damage, its attacks use slightly less stamina and FP (1 extra 1hand attack at 30 End), it has automatic quality scaling, it's faster, and it has a better moveset by far. It's like a way more badassy Uchi.

The one handed R2 is goddamn amazing because it's super quick and you also do a little hop forward which can surprise the poo poo out of people and catch them off guard. The two handed R2 has loving hilarious auto tracking on it so if someone is foolish enough to try to roll sideways you can slam their loving face into the ground, and yes, it counts as a slam attack if you charge it enough and their poise isn't high enough.

Oh yeah, and it causes bleeding and doesn't even need to be infused because its damage is bonkers. And you can buff it. And using Hidden Weapon with the 1H R2 literally causes people to have seizures and flee in terror because they can't figure out what the gently caress.

Think it may be my new favorite PvP weapon. :allears:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Am I a weeaboo scrub for enjoying the dual katanas in PvP? :smith:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Shoenin posted:

No, youre a turtle.

poo poo, now I need that shell armor...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I should probably play the DLCs for this, huh. Haven't played since launch.