Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

BobTheJanitor posted:

The sounds are good but this reminds me: is the wind noise around firelink supposed to sound like it's constantly ramping up and then cutting off? I keep hearing that sound there, and in various other areas of the game, and I'm not sure if that's a bug or just an odd design choice. Just a constant whooooooooOOOOOOOSHHH-- sudden silence.

yeah it seems buggy to me as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Dr. Carwash posted:

Anyone else think the sound in this game is really really good??? The screams from those weird bird...people...things on the road of sacrifice is the stuff of nightmares.

yeah it's great

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Traxis posted:

The only time I noticed it doing anything was in the Deacons boss fight when I was hitting multiple enemies at once. It kept me at full health for most of the fight.

maybe it's a bad translation and it heals on attacks that hit consecutive enemies instead of literal consecutive attacks. i got it too, hoping it would do some cool healing for my rapier spam, but it does nothing

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Genocyber posted:

No such ring exists. But you can make swamp travel easier if you get a weapon with the Quickstep skill. Quickstep is not slowed and covers quite a bit of distance. Best for this if you also want to attack with it would be the Thrall Axe which drops from the hooded guys in the Undead Settlement.

Not until (late game area) the Profaned Capital. There's a route back into the Irithyll Dungeon that will take you to a solitary cell with the ring in it.

is there going to be any more of that sweet DS pixel art like in your avatar? i'm entranced every time you post :swoon:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Thumbtacks posted:

Aldrich is kicking my dick in, can I get some help? Level 47. We can put a password down or whatever, I just need some help and no one's putting signs here.

If you're not seeing signs you may need to upgrade your weapon more. Also I think you're possibly underleveled for that area compared to most of the population

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
If farron bugs you wear the brigand or worker sets, they both have high poison resist. And do cathedral first for a poison res ring

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

GreyPowerVan posted:

What level are most people after the watchers? I'm only level 30 with a +4 weapon and seeing like zero summon signs.

i was ~43/+4 or +5 at watchers and the ground outside the watchers' arena was covered in signs

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Mindblast posted:

You mean there's a place I can go before the poison swamp? I think I totally overlooked this cathedral by accident.

from the Halfway Fortress or whatever the bonfire is called, kill the first two sharpened log guys. then bear hard left along the edge of the zone and you'll get to a stone building. inside that building there's a hallway with two big-hat mages at one end. once you kill them you can proceed to a pretty easy boss and cathedral

e: cathedral was a pain in the rear end for me, but i think i was just tired and tilting. very cool area

are the items on the ground near the second giant in cathedral anything special? i wanted to get them but as soon as i found out the water was slow for walking, i was too impatient to deal with it

emdash fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 14, 2016

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

haha this is so :darksouls:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Aurainsoph posted:

I"m so terrible at this game I can't make it past the first boss that you pull sword out of. I also refuse to not play thief while trying to play like a front line tank that can't dodge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhaZKVT8jPU this guy highlights some good thief playstyle vs iudex. starts at 2:45. good video to learn from

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Eonwe posted:

im guessing that invading and sunbros will probably be a thing for a while no matter what, even if the bluecops arent right? i dont know how long this stuff usually lasts

I helped people kill the tree boss last night and id get summoned almost immediately after I put my symbol down

Yeah it should last a bit

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
the "ds1 references" (i'm not sure they deserve to be called that, it's more that the game simply takes place in some of the same areas) are great, it's like a fever dream of the world you already know

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

sector_corrector posted:

I need a hint. Just beat Deacons. Where should I go next? Their boss room appears to be a dead end.

go back to the halfway fortress bonfire and bear right instead of left in the swamp just after that bonfire. you'll get to a poisonous swamp

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Zotix posted:

How do you jump on PC?

if you're using mouse + kb it looks like the default is the B key. however, this is configurable. also, you have to be running in order to jump afaik

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
in the slow parts of the swamp you can just equip something with Quickstep (list of those weapons: Bandit's Knife, Brigand Twindaggers, Dagger, Manikin Claws, Thrall Axe) and hop around like an insane person

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

actionjackson posted:

Anyone comment on the great club?

i summoned an unarmored woman who beat the poo poo out of the abyss watchers using it. seemed solid

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

actionjackson posted:

Assuming it gets S strength scaling eventually, would there no point in a heavy infusion?

fextralife wiki says that it never reaches S and reaches A only with Heavy. So I think it might be good to do that? I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to this stuff http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Great+Club

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

RedTonic posted:

I haven't gotten the kick to work. Just started out as the assassin. Is it because of the weapon I'm using? Forward + R1 does a quick retreat attack which doesn't break guard. Forward + R2 is just a strong jump attack.

it's supposed to be a forward tap + r1 simultaneously i believe

in other words, forward for a split second at the same time you hit r1

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Sakurazuka posted:

So can you actually kill the dragon on the High Wall? I tried shooting a couple of crossbow bolts at it but it totally ignored them.

ranged weapons have limited range, are you sure you were close enough?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

(spoilered for special item in the dungeon)
:kimchi:

what the hell, is that your character?

how?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

CJacobs posted:

Why did pyromancy get nerfed into the ground? Like the only thing it had going for it was that it had no stat reqs and was souls-only. Now it's borderline not worth going into.

i'm not sure if you're being obtuse on purpose but at least a few people in this thread are saying it's the only really good magic in this game

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

GreatGreen posted:

So I have a question. Is it actually possible to beat the second phase of the Abyss Watchers fight?

Because I don't think it is. If so though, how the hell do you even start to fight a guy with a fire sword and apparently infinite stamina who literally does not stop attacking ever?

he has short breaks between combos, you have to hit him then. just get good at rolling really

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Your Computer posted:

The Aristocrat's Mask is p. spoopy

It also has wonderful cloth physics. The scythe is rear end though, I pumped all my Twinkling Titanite into it and it's still slower+weaker than my dumb straight sword from the High Wall of Lothric :sigh:

Hey, fashion souls extends to weapons too

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
In Philadelphia for the weekend. No ds3. Gone hollow...

really gonna hit up a bunch of cool museums tho

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Work Friend Keven posted:

rear end Hole and rear end Man are censored so they show up as *** **** and *** *** and not *** Hole. rear end 2 rear end is a fictional double headed dildo sex position used in the film "Requiem for a Dream" . I dont know about the penguin. Now someone tell me how to beat "God Slayer" Old Rick.

Fictional, o my lol

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
once again i am at work instead of playing ds3. what the gently caress is this world

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

How much Str/Dex should I be putting into my refined Astora Greatsword? I just reached the Catacombs and I'm at about 23/23 str/dex right now.

soft scaling caps are 40 for STR and DEX, beyond that you get nasty diminishing returns. after 60 the returns get even worse

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

poptart_fairy posted:

So it turns out the "Get all rings" trophy requires you to get their NG+ and NG++ versions. Welp, time to get busy. :black101:

Incidentally, how long do you guys think Raw/Fire/etc weapons can be pushed before I should start focusing on stuff with some actual scaling? My faith build has turned into a fast rolling, shieldless dickhead with a glorious nippon katana, but I currently have it Raw while I boost my defensive stats. I don't want to end up hitting NG+ enemies for 50 damage or whatever.

If you're that far in you could definitely be doing more with a non-raw weapon of some kind. Just depends on which one and your stat investments

emdash fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 19, 2016

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Lblitzer posted:

I'm a bit confused. If I want to play with a friend (through good parts of the game together cause I'm bad and multiplayer is fun), one of us has to use an Ember in order to do so? So we are almost limited as to the number of people we can summon?

yes, someone has to be embered to see the other person's summon sign on the ground. if you finish a boss on a summon you get your ember restored when you leave the world you're visiting, so it's only really limited by your success or lack thereof

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Begemot posted:

Welp, I died more times to the crocodile dog at the entrance to Irithyll than to any boss so far. It's hitboxes are insane, some of those attacks hit you no matter what side of it you're standing on. I only beat it by just hitting it in the face a few times and stunning it for a critical attack. Which is a weird mechanic that I'm not sure I fully understand.

Meanwhile, I found the Pontiff to be a complete pushover. I stumbled onto him after exploring for a while and I only had 4 estus left. Summoned a couple of sunbros and we took him down no problem. A good shield seems really essential to that fight, I've upgraded my lothric knight shield a few times and he basically never broke my guard.

you can just run down the bridge to irithyll central and the croc dog can't make it through the forcefield there :shobon: (it took me a while to figure this out too)

Thumbtacks posted:

So what's the pvp SL meta right now?

supposedly 80/100/125

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Actually supposedly the fast and med rolls have the same iframes but fast has more distance. Slow roll has one fewer iframe. But that's just what I read like a week ago in here, no idea the source

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
at the same time nothing rules as much as summoning a white phantom to help murder the red guy who plays dodge bot with no weapons out and never tries to hit you

makes u think

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Malcolm XML posted:

The best moment is getting parried by a headless skeleton

i have honestly been parried more by those than anything else in the game so far

mainly coincidence but they do seem inordinately good at it. if From made the headless ones better at parrying on purpose, well, that's just so :darksouls:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

JetsGuy posted:

Oh I get it, it's just super hard to get used to after playing way too much Witcher3.

you prob realized this already but you can buffer it slightly. like roll twice, hit your estus button near the end of the second roll, and your guy will estus immediately on popping up from the roll. this will help you squeeze in heals in sticky situations

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Alan Smithee posted:

Man this Bloodborne alligator guarding irithyl can go gently caress itself

you'll have to fight it (or avoid it again) later but you can just run to the end of the bridge. he can't pass through the forcefield

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

how are there four hosts of embers in that game

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Spanish Manlove posted:

There's a ring that makes you look like you're the host.

awesome, thanks. saw it last night too in my game, actually, but forgot about it until i saw that video

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Fat Samurai posted:

gently caress. Is this hinted at anywhere?

yeah, in the messages on the floor :unsmith:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Anor Londo :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Pro fuckin click zone

I'm dying hahahah