Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Oh I'm happy. Fully explored up and down the swamp area (thank you bow and arrow). Finally found the Crystal Sage in the previous area and killed it and moved on to the Cathedral of the Deep.

Finally got enough souls gathered for the Tower Key and the Undead Legion armor from the handmaiden.

Yeah, we happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Frankston posted:

Regarding the soul starting item, is there anything you can do with it besides popping it? I think I accidentally did so because it's disappeared from my inventory. I hope I've not screwed myself out of a unique weapon or something.

No, it's a common-ish item you can find. You didn't screw up anything.

Ulvirich posted:

Could I please get some general directions to this jerk?

Crucifixion Forest, the dilapidated keep. There's a wall breach you enter, follow the path in and around. Entrance to the boss is guarded by a couple of spell casters.

Alan Smithee posted:

How does one get to the bottom of the gorge or whatever below the undead settlement bridge that leads to the sigmeyer elevator?

Get the sewer key from the handmaiden (You may need to get the Mortician's Ashes from the area where the Giant shoots its arrows). Sewer is in right next to the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Apr 13, 2016

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ulvirich posted:

Thank you for the directions. :tipshat:

When does the handmaiden sell the sewer key? I got down there by removing all my armor, and embering to survive the plunge off the relatively short end of the chasm.

I updated my post because I realized you may not have it.

You need Mortician's Ashes which is in the target area the Giant shoots its arrows.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

So I learned by a friend telling me and then soon after by accident that Bloodborne-style visceral attacks are in the game. I ripped into a giant crab's egg clutch. I'm still not sure how I did it. :stare:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Boomstick Quaid posted:

They're triggered by doing a shitload of poise damage, frostbite helps too

That makes sense. I did whack on it several times in quick succession until it happened. I guess I was just in the right spot at the time.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Thanks thread title. I stole you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glIT8aZNVbo

Have some more boss fights:

Iudex Gundyr: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBFDyxs5fos

Curse-rotted Greatwood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCxqZu5LtQo

Abyss Watchers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTgN0Zs2NBY

Crystal Sage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFBhAGWlnrU

Edit: Also forgot the last 2 were set to private while I was waiting for them to be processed fully. They're public now.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 13, 2016

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

There's not much point spoilering the boss names when it says them at the top of the embedded video. :v:

They don't embed for me. Is that a SALR thing?

Edit: Oh, it's a native option that I have turned off. Well gently caress.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 13, 2016

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Philthy posted:

Are there just not that many weapons in this game? DS2 had hundreds. Getting demon souls let you craft some pretty crazy uniques as well. Even before the expansions. Is this game really small or something?

Play more, kill more. I got a poo poo ton of weapons, shields, etc.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

codo27 posted:

Tell me I didn't gently caress myself out of that merchant you unlock in Lothric permanently by giving him the bone.

No, that's the right way to do things. He'll just be depressed for a little bit. He'll be back to normal soon.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

codo27 posted:

Where do you have to be to activate a covenant? The item is always greyed out for me

Equip it. Don't "use" it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

double nine posted:

I need help. In firelink, passed the 20000 souls key door, there is a bridge before an elevator. Looking down the side you can see this shiny. How the hell do you get there?

I got the item on the other side no problem but this one is annoying. Every jump I try to make I end up sliding off and plunging to my death.

Jump, directly in front of it in a straight line.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Aw man, it sound so funny though :(

The Giant Bomb Quick Look has them grab that spell and use it on Firelink NPCs. It looks alright.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-dark-souls-iii/2300-11109/

Edit: Spoilers of course.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Should I send whatshisface to go pillage more weapons?

Sure, he brings back good stuff.

Day Man posted:

Do any of the stats increase the invincibility frames of your roll this time?

Thankfully no.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Everyone is going on about how easy the Crystal Sage is and yet it is one of the ones I have found it hardest to solo

Panty Saluter posted:

same for me, i may go back and wander around some more seeing as people are talking about things i have apparently missed

Start thinking about upgrades if you haven't already. I came to her after Abyss Walkers and was quite overpowered with the weapon I had.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Harrow posted:

So, I forgot to talk to Leonhard again and killed the Crystal Sage and he's not showing up in Firelink like he's supposed to post-tree boss. Have I locked myself out of continuing his quest line and getting the Red Eye Orb or is there something I'm missing?

You're supposed to use his key aren't you?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Harrow posted:

He hasn't given me his key yet, is what I mean.

Oh, I know.

Go to the Undead Settlement, there's a hanging body in the area near where that Fire demon is at and there's a Pale Tounge (I think it's called) in that body, grab it and he should show up in Firelink then and give you the key.

Calaveron posted:

So I'm at Undead Settlement after having beaten the burning asylum demon, got Flyn's Ring and I have no idea how to proceed. Do I need to bone back to a bonfire?

Keep exploring, you don't have to bone out. There's a path out that leads you back to the Curse-rotten Greatwood's outer steps.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 14, 2016

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Zotix posted:

Is this game as dog poo poo on PC as I'm reading?

From the anecdotal evidence, it's affecting those mostly who don't start as Knights and have high lighting on.

For me, I started as Knight and have max settings. No crashes in the 15~ hours I've played.

Edit: I'm using i7-3770K, 970GTX.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ShadowMar posted:

i feel like i've hit a brick wall with my claymore +6. the enemies in lothric castle take forever to kill with it

Is it a regular claymore or is it infused with something? You may be cutting your damage attacking enemies that are resistant.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Sillybones posted:

Don't want to go through the thread for the spoilers: Anything I should know before jumping into this game?

Just play. Explore and have fun and prepare to die.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Appoda posted:

What the hell do I do about these bleed worms in this area with all the zombies? Is there some way to get them to gently caress off, or am I forced to take bleed damage two or three times before they stop?

"Torch" 'em.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

a cop posted:

What's the deal with my parry not allowing for a followup attack? I'm doing it in pvp and it's negating the damage but otherwise not bothering the other player at all. Same with npcs.

Mashing? Turning off center of the target?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Friendly Humour posted:

So how do I get to that woman in the cell near the abandoned cathedral? The gate doesn't open from the side of the cathedral, and I see no way down to the ravine which I assume connects to her cell

There's sewers nearby that connect to her cell. You need Mortician's Ashes from the area where the Giant shoots its arrows turned into the Shrine Handmaiden where you can buy the Sewer Key to make your way to the woman in the cell.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

kirbyabc posted:

if you use a shriving stone do you get the gem back?

No, it just removes the original gem.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Carl Seitan posted:

When I grow up, I want to be an Abyss Watcher. :stare:

Dudes are bad as gently caress.

Yo.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

killstealing posted:

tell me where to get that armor :o

Shrine Handmaiden sells it after you beat them.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

a cop posted:

I beat the tree boss but I don't have a pale tongue (assuming it's under key items) so what the!!

I talked to him, he gave me 5 cracked red eye orbs and I haven't seen him since, no key. Double what the...

Pale Tongue is gotten in the other part of the Undead Settlement where the fire demon is.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

codo27 posted:

All this time I had no idea you can do the back stab thing to their face after breaking their guard. Tell me this is a new thing in this game

Not a new thing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Faffel posted:

Trying have one catch you in a micro-second damage stagger loop for the entire duration and kill you from behind on your run to pick 15k souls.

Sounds like peak :darksouls: to me. :haw:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Cathedral question: Giants killable?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Mr E posted:

Yes, soon

Soon? Explain.

Edit: Well not, explicitly.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Tamayachi posted:

I took my time and fought the first one by baiting the double fist attack and cutting up his arms. The other one I just ran past and ignored. Dunno if there's a right way of doing it though :v:

Yeah the second one is my focus because of all the items around him, but the mire he's in sucks to be in.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Tamayachi posted:

I get the feeling that those are really just going to be fading souls or something not worthwhile, with maybe one outfit or weapon mixed in.

Most likely they are, but I want them. :shepicide:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Discard is a totally different command and does not drop items, way to go idiot who just wasted siegbrau

Discard isn't leave. RIP your Siegbraü.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Tamayachi posted:

I got summoned as a sunbro for Treenuts at level 43 with a +4 Dark Sword. Some people are REALLY taking their time with this game.

You're technically still in the range of people who haven't bothered to upgrade their weapons yet.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Stormgale posted:

I found it super good on my dex build, especially against abyssal enemies + it is very fun, shelve it against anything you cant really stagger with it though. (super fun regardless)

Yeah, it's not great for staggering. The Wolf Knight's Greatsword is the better option between the two on that boss soul for that plus its Focus skill lets you hard knockdown enemies with its vertical leap attack.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Cyberventurer posted:

Is the game's co-op buggy or just me? Three times in a row I've been summoned, only to see EVERYONE else just sliding along the ground in idle positions instead of any other animations or attacks. I guess it works out in my favor because it makes me immune to bosses since they can't attack me (even when I have their attention), but I don't know if it's just my internet or the game. I didn't seem to have any serious lag issues with Dark Souls 1 or 2, though.

It happens here and there. I did a sunbro coop last night for the Curse-rotted Greatwood and everything was sliding including the Greatwood itself. It was rather comical and I wish Shadowplay didn't gently caress up so I could have recorded it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

how does one do that?

I'd assume it's just putting the weapon in your bonfire storage box?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Decided to buy this. What's the best class for a noob? I was thinking Knight or Warrior. I like melee and having some armor and big weapons.

Knight is the more balanced of the 2 and most people start as that.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Need curse resistant gear? Got you covered:

Otherwise, this is how I normally look. It's worth taking out the giants in the Cathedral:

I'm also pumped that my Siegward quest didn't break, apparently his trigger in the Cathedral is the front double doors to the cathedral itself which happened to be the one door I never opened while I was there originally. :suicide:

rear end-Haggis posted:

Just uninstalled and reinstalled DS3, same message pops up. GENUINE CONCERN TIME!

Reinstalling won't do anything. It's complaining about your save file. Something is wrong with it and not passing their checks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Jose posted:

Where/when do I trade in boss souls for weapons? I've just beat the catacombs boss

Go back to Undead Settlement, you missed a boss that drops an item that enables Soul Transposition by the little dude on the throne in Firelink.