Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't wait to buy this tomorrow night, play it for 45 minutes, begrudgingly go to bed, and suffer through for the longest, most aloof work day imaginable on Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why the gently caress do games come out on Tuesday anyways they should come out on Friday goddamn.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

GreyPowerVan posted:

Bandai-Namco

Almost every game comes out on Tuesday though. It still sucks but it's not like, unusual or anything.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Since I'm not playing this game and thinking about random Dark Souls stuff I was wondering, why isn't there a decent line of Dark Souls figures out there? Every Japanese thing has a bajillion action figures for it and DaS has virtually nothing despite being one of the only things I would totally buy some action figures of. Like, it's really popular you'd think there would be some toy maker would have jumped on this by now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Do you not start out with weapon arts? Can't figure out how to use them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ulvirich posted:

Put away your shield if you've got one. On the 360 controller, I use LT to activate the skill, and depending on what it is (ie long sword et al), RT/RB can modify it.

Hell yeah, thanks man.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jesus Christ this game is so good already.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

mrs. nicholas sarkozy posted:

This game is loving good. The tutorial boss alone... :allears:

Really great way to open the game. Not too chumpy, not too hard. Also he was just a cool boss in general.

It's too early to form any real opinion, but my first impressions are that this game is giving me the feels I was hoping to get out of Dark Souls 2 that I didn't get(not that I'm bashing DS2 it just felt off to me I guess) and this feels like a return to form. Weapon arts seem like a loving amazing addition and I am just so pumped to play the crap out of this.

The only thing that is weird to me is that I think Bloodborne looks noticeably better. Not to say it looks bad because it looks great, but still. At least the animation is good and the lighting doesn't look all wonky which is all I care about.

E: I just realized you are probably talking about that crystal thing which I have not killed yet he seemed like a fucker.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 12, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

actionjackson posted:

Where do I go from firelink? Can't figure it out.

I quit after firelink but it looks like you are supposed to fast travel from the bonfire.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SamBishop posted:

You, uh, know this is running on dedicated servers now, yeah? No more P2P, apparently.

it's totally the games fault he's losing though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Couple of newb questions.

What stat to I have to pump to bump up the weapon arts meter? Is it the same as building up magic since it's the same bar?

Can you respec weapons this time around or maybe get some upgrade materials back, or it the usual souls fare where you are locked to upgrading only a couple of weapons in a play through?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does deprived Katana man ever run out of stamina goddamn?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does the fat knight seriously not drop anything?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can someone clarify what dictates what weapon arts a weapon will use? I figured it was weapon class, but after initially being stoked on finding the mail breaker it doesn't have the same weapon art as the starting dagger which I am pretty attached to using throughout the game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When/where can I respec? I loving hate my build.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can someone give me the skinny on equip burden and rolling? I'm having trouble finding anything good on it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks for the rolling info guys. I was over analyzing it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If I am at the boss after the crab pond/starting the poison swamp am I near a point where I'll start finding large shards? Also am I near a point where I will find a vendor that sells regular shards?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tamayachi posted:

You've still got a little while to go before finding Large shards reliably, like 3 more zones I think.

Cool thanks. What about small shards? They are still surprisingly rare.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Abyss watchers :stare:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

The what fight?

I explored a huge amount of undead settlement but the only way out I could find was the frozen duder under the church and I've been going on a linear path from there. I fought the cursed tree, the demon thing with sieg, gone past the archer dude's firing range and made friends with him, but it all seemed to circle round back to the church

Am I missing something else?

What are you referring to by the Demon thing with the sieg ? I'm having trouble placing what this is or if I missed it?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yardbomb posted:

Did you meet up with onionbro 2.0? If yes, the elevator they were by has like a mid-point while going up you can jump off at too, you do that and find them sitting on a ledge lookin at a fuckhuge monster in the near distance that you can run down to fight and they come back you up.

Oh ok yeah I did that. I thought he meant the sieg was a catapult it had or something carry on.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The way the imp/thrall vendor in Firelink says "goodbye" gives me flashbacks of Hello my Future Girlfriend. I keep expecting him to say "thanks for stopping by" with a proposition to meet him on Yahoo chat.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jesus gently caress am I ever going to find a bonfire in the catacombs

Just give me a goddamn shortcut or something game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think I'm having more trouble with the catacombs than any location in the entire series.

Also rolling skeletons 2.0 can gently caress right off.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What does curse do in this one?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So I gave the vendor in the nexus Lorettas bone, and he seemed fine with selling me stuff for hours. Now he's too broke up over it and he won't sell me poo poo. He was my only source of passable arrows. What gives ?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

He needs to get over it quicker I need some arrows

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Please feel free to call me out if I'm just being a baby, but am I crazy in thinking they went a little too far with the crazy aggro on a handful of enemies? For the most part I think the more aggressive enemies has been one of the best parts of the game, but some of them just feel a little cheap and seem to have an absurd amount of stamina. Specifically large mace and assassin type enemies.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the only enemy ive come to seriously hate is the loving ninja sickle skelly rear end in a top hat.

Yessss, holy poo poo gently caress those guys!!!

They were actually what i was thinking of with that post, as well as the fat witch/ gold knights in the cathedral. I really think those 3 enemies transcend being difficult into being flat out cheap.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Was there actually a point to raising the gates around the giants in the cathedral? I feel like I missed something there but I have no idea what.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ufarn posted:

I ran intro a truckload of lag yesterday for some reason. Any idea what may have caused it, since I have 100/10?

Normally, it goes without a hitch.

:darksouls:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does using a shriving stone get my rescources back or does it just debuff the weapon?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is kind of an embarrassing question but what the hell am I supposed to do at deacons of the deep? I cannot stop getting cursed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Look for the red glow.

I realize this but I absolutely cannot avoid getting cursed when they are at around 25% Heath. At the end when the room turns black I can't cut through the mob in time to not get cursed. Even with the black pellet. I am at a total loss at how to beat this because there seems to be no way to avoid the buildup.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

I didn't know they even had curse.

Yeah they are nigh on loving impossible if you wait long enough as they curse the entire room.

It turned out my sword just had garbage crowd control. Switching back to my old sword made them a piece of cake. I feel like a dumbass for not doing that earlier.

On that note, broadswords are absolute poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Where do I find the respec lady? I have done everything there is to do in the cathedral I think, sans going to the other side of the gate that patches knocks down but I can't find a lever to bring it back up. I feel like I looked everywhere here.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 16, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How do you get to the catacombs bonfire? I can't find it and the boss run is absolutely treacherous.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

turtlecrunch posted:

It's near the second Indiana Jones

Could you be a little more specific?

E: found it

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hate the shotel skeleton knights so much. They are the absolute worst.