Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I read last week that Miracle and Sorcery scaling was hosed and that it's practically useless to put any serious investment in Faith or Int, is that still true or was it patched? My first character in every Souls game has been a heavy armour miracle-based paladin build that throws lightning everywhere and it would be a shame if that sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

I'm confused about dual wielding. I started a Mercenary and dual wielding my twin swords does noticeably less damage than just using the single-handed R1 attacks, which I can still use with a shield in my left hand (and thus, the ability to block). The only advantage seems to be the weapon art, which I can still use with a shield in my hand.

Is there any point to dual wielding? My suspicion is that it becomes better once you have things that give a flat boost to attack damage, like rings and weapon buffs, but I don't know if that's exactly how those work and I don't know if the twin swords scales that down too. Or maybe dual wielding just does more poise damage or something. Has anyone had success with it?

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

Substandard posted:

You should be using the L1 basically all the time, it's a double hit that does more damage and costs less stamina.

But I just said it does less damage :confused:

It costs slightly less stamina, in that my starting stamina bar can squeeze in 6 L1 attacks but only 5 R1 attacks, but that doesn't feel like enough for me to use it until I have the consecutive attack ring or whatever.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

Has anyone figured out the bug where you just don't get summoned ever at all as a Blue Sentinel, Watchdog of Farron, or Aldrich Faithful? I'd love to actually participate in those covenants but I'm stuck invading people with the red orb.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

NTT posted:

Point blank sunlight spear, 60 fth, firstborn's/lighning clutch.

350 damage

What the gently caress

It's really strong against metal armour but not otherwise