Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
how are the keets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
my keets

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
avshalom does a good job of whatever she sets her mind to

this can be to her detriment at times

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
keets

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

aww keet keet motherfucker

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
wrong account brick dust otis

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
just call them keets forever like i call every dog a puppy, problem solved!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
vbug and the goats are all very cute puppys by the way

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

so smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
last night i fell asleep thinking about how "australorp" sounds like someone tripping over as they say "australia" and then i had a nightmare about the human race being hunted by giant chickens so thanks i guess

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Avshalom posted:

i have the worst sort of mystery on my hands: a murder mystery. keets have been disappearing at a slow but steady rate. the brood is down to ten. here is the case i am presented with

- every few hours a keet disappears. it leaves no trace - no corpse, no blood, no feathers.
- the disappearances happen both in the daytime and in the darkest night, which rules out reptiles and birds of prey
- there is never a kerfuffle, the hen shed is like two metres from my window so i would hear it. so that rules out large predators
- the keets have two mothers so should be well protected from rat attacks etc.

what is going on? my current theory is that it's a rival hen committing keetocide, but it's a shaky theory because none of my other hens have young broods at the moment and it's not something that's ever happened before. another possibility is rats sneaking under petra and zebby to steal the keets one at a time, which is also pretty ridiculous but rats cannot be trusted ever. i am also considering some sort of interdimensional portal. anyway i'll investigate as best i can and keep you all updated on developments in the case

portal to the Rat Realm

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
do you have a photo of a bucket full of keets

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
I understand

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
it's probably not too surprising that they can handle the cold as desert birds, deserts can get pretty cold at night

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
yes excellent

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
this thread is six pages long and I think probably my favourite thread ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011