Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
At what age can you safely incorporate pine shavings in with keets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

We have six keets, we built them a home in our chicken coop and we seem to have effectively gotten them to think of it as their home. Something weird is happening though. There's a big flock of wild turkeys in our area and they'll just... hang out with the keets. I'm worried that they might be a bad influence. Thoughts?

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

I need some help and advice. One of our guineas seems to be getting a bit more scruffy and weathered in the feathers, very gradually, over time. I'll post an image to try to clarify.

It's the one back and to the right, its face obscured by the hoe. It's behavior isn't too weird but it seems to be getting progressively... disheveled and scruffy for lack of a better term. None of the other birds are molting. It's been over the course of a week or two.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

My guinea hens are sadly past the state of ultimate cuteness, but they still do good work. Here they are, keeping an eye on the goats, making sure they don't get up to too much trouble:

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

I have had approximately zero issues with them not being able to handle the cold (we got them as keets at the beginning of spring so lots of time for them to develop feathers to keep them warm for winter). I've also, driving through rural Maine, seen a couple of other houses that have a small flock of guinea hens.

• Locked thread