Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
im getting guineas in june, im really excited. they are cool and weird birds and having something that wont die instantly when it touches the ground like turkeys do sounds neat

slavatuvs posted:

How do they taste? I mean once grown.

similar to pheasant. supposedly a lot of restaurant "pheasant" is actually guinea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
ugh theyre so fuckin cute

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK

The Narrator posted:

birds just don't want to live, huh.

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
keets!

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
I knocked over a dandelion and there they were!

so any guesses on their adult coloration? I'm not too versed in guinea coloring

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
im gonna paint them purple with blukote

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK

Avshalom posted:

ausrotten, your keets are all going to stay more or less the same colour except for the brown ones with stripy heads - that's the original wild colour and they grow up pearl (black with white spots and blue heads). some of them might get lighter or darker but they won't change dramatically. i'm really interested to see what the little white one with the brown streak looks like! they are a beautiful little cluster

unfortunately the entire batch died over the course of three days :( The feed store we got them from said other people were having problems as well, so they refunded us on 6 and gave us the four the had left but still it really loving sucked. Our four new keets are strong and healthy tho :unsmith:

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
I've had em about a week and so far they're doing great and making my life miserable by peeping wildly at all hours :3:

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETKEEEEEEEEEEEEEETKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

*is 3am*

this is why i hated my turkey polts. peeppeepPEEPPEEP at all loving hours. if escaping the brooder is that loving scary stay in it you trash animal. at least the keets are way cuter and also less repulsively messy

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
They do, I keep mistaking mine for songbirds. It's quite pleasant when they aren't melting down. I like them a lot, they are good chicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
keets

• Locked thread