Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I didn't really get the broken English thing; it seemed to get in the way of the joke. Capturing a typical review's extremely imitable tenor in addition to its substance would have been much funnier - in fact, it's possible to pile on so much stylistic parody that the writing itself becomes hilariously incoherent in the breathless kind of way that this seemed to be aiming for. Mark Prindle isn't writing about Pink there like a caveman; he's boiled a hack's writing style down to its most irritating tics and built an entire review out of them (plus some gimmicks of his own, but they work in the context of his site), while still communicating a discernible, hackish appraisal of the music. This does more or less the opposite, and while I recognize that its more specific (and very astute) points need more direct communication than broad parody, I don't think that it needed to come at the expense of reading like a movie review, which is what it's supposed to be mocking after all.

Sorry that this is so late; I've been doing a bad job of keeping up with the front page.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jul 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Fair enough!

I really like today's piece. Feels very "classic SA" and is easily my favorite so far.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
As much as President Baby has been living up to his name in this thread, he has won me over on the front page. Nothing lazy or clickbaity about any of these past few articles; this one especially seems like an active throwback to that whole early-2000s Seanbaby/I-Mockery/X-Entertainment scene, which I have a real soft spot for.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 25, 2016

• Locked thread