Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Does this seat look familiar to anyone?

They were bolted into a International Scout II, but definitely didn't come from it originally. Trying to figure out what they're from so we can decide if it would be a travesty to make office chairs (well, shop chairs) out of them.

Full album:
https://imgur.com/a/AWKHq

There's a rear bash panel (it covers the back of the base of the seat) that has some numbers on it, but none have resulted in anything useful in my searches:

S <coach logo - looks familiar but I don't know what it is> 1CAV
PT 1740871
ASM NO 20104425
REV 8

Then "P | P" encircled. Picture of this panel is here.

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.
Those look like the seats I've seen in Scouts before? Hmm.

To the bat-internet!

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
The coach symbol is for Fisher which was a part of GM until the mid 80s.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

jhcain posted:

Those look like the seats I've seen in Scouts before? Hmm.

To the bat-internet!
I don't doubt that, but it's entirely likely they were a popular swap into scouts at some point in time. I doubt they're actually stock scout seats because the guy who is trying to ID them is THE most knowledgeable scout expert I know. Of course, from what I've heard, international was a lot like AMC in that they'd use random parts from wherever they were available, so not impossible that they're from a later model than what he specializes in.

FatCow posted:

The coach symbol is for Fisher which was a part of GM until the mid 80s.
That's where I've seen it before. All the conversion vans and stuff, right?

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 12, 2016

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Krakkles posted:

I don't doubt that, but it's entirely likely they were a popular swap into scouts at some point in time. I doubt they're actually stock scout seats because the guy who is trying to ID them is THE most knowledgeable scout expert I know. Of course, from what I've heard, international was a lot like AMC in that they'd use random parts from wherever they were available, so not impossible that they're from a later model than what he specializes in.
That's where I've seen it before. All the conversion vans and stuff, right?

Pretty much literally everything they made. Passenger cars included.

• Locked thread