Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?
when im working on a car i feel calm and at peace and theres the added benefit of making something better and i really like that

i tried working on other peoples cars but they have silly things like deadlines and worry and so i just buy more for myself and work on them

byob whats your hobby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

I've spent a lot of my life fixing things, making them work, and installing them. This has inevitably carried over into my leisure time. I collect, repair, install, and maintain way too many odd, old things. I have three jukeboxes, several cash registers, a soda machine, and who-knows-what-all else.

Sadly, I don't find the time or ambition to do as much with all of it as I used to, but I did install a lot of whole-house audio and control stuff so I can relax and enjoy all the work I did from all over the house, or out on the deck or porch (with the dogs, of course).

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

MrWillsauce

makin' byobbies :pervert:

Macnult

I absolutely love snowboarding and can talk about it for hours. when it's offseason I transition over to downhill skateboarding, although i'd much rather surf.

last summer I went sailing for the first time and was instantly hooked. i'm currently saving some cash to buy my own boat, either a Hobie Cat 16 or a Laser Vanguard (leaning more towards a Hobie Cat).

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Fantasy role playing, mostly a Pathfinder-esque D20 system with a huge emphasis on adding bonuses for players being clever, creative, and/or playing in character.

I sometimes make stuff, but Ihad some pretty bad hand problems so I shied away from all that stuff about 10 years ago. Recent hand surgery may change some of that, however.

I suck at playing drums but I do my part to add to the noise pollution in my neck of the woods. Same goes for the banjo.

I plan on building another Tesla coil soon, I'll definitely post pics if I do, no promises.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
echoing the fixing things hobby, love to tinker

its getting to kayak season which means i'll be getting regular exercise again. usually paddle 2-5 miles on a tidal river, stop off on a little island for a few hours and then paddle back or do the same but less distance in ponds or fresh water rivers. Nothing beats the feeling of floating on the water with the sun beating down on you and a nice breeze blowing by and the rush you get after a day of paddling and getting sun drunk.

symbolic

i love reading and analyzing poetry. i've been on a Stephen Crane kick lately. he's an early modernist, so if you like short free verse poems about how god won't interfere with humans, than he's your guy. i also dabble with writing my own and just submitted my first for publication. it may only be the college mag, but it's a step forward. :)

i also noodle around on my guitar, but it has a bad feedback problem, so it sounds like rear end through my set-up. luckily my friend is selling me his Opeth signature model this summer, and it sounded like a dream when i played it at his house.

Matoi Ryuko

I like jogging. It's nice to get away.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I make videogames and draw pictures of my wife in a space suit. As a hobby, I'm making a space suit.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i write horrible books and on the rare ocassions when I'm not doing something like that i'm gradually working on a set of cloth armor. i made a linen cuirass for my toddler, it was cute but it made him unstoppable so i had to stop putting it on him

hi how are you ♥

MrWillsauce

if you need me to beat up your son for you, just ask

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

if you need me to beat up your son for you, just ask

impossible, he's a beast.

MrWillsauce

gently caress.

yoober

op your AI thread gave me a disease and now I'm trying to buy a CRX and I imagine that if successful my new hobby will be farting around with it and probably getting killed.

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?

yoober posted:

op your AI thread gave me a disease and now I'm trying to buy a CRX and I imagine that if successful my new hobby will be farting around with it and probably getting killed.

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWillsauce

do you want us to bury you in it?

• Locked thread