Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

No that's just Doug, a small lizard-like kaiju which was on screen for about 3 seconds in GvK but somehow became a popular meme (here's an example) so they had to bring him back. Fans nicknamed him Doug and the filmmakers have now made that official.

Manufactured Anguirus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Is it just me that finds the new designs for this film kind of ugly and uninspired? Scar King, Suko and Shimo are just so forgettable and generic looking. They look more like rejected video game designs than Godzilla designs.

After the great MUTO designs I was kind of hoping Legendary would knock it out the park with these but... meh.

Also, Evolved Godzilla is great in theory, and I love his thagomizer, but his new proportions don't look great.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If I recall Shimo got redesigned after some test screenings. You can find an old pic that maybe is real or not where he looks more like a turtle

I agree they’re not as exciting though. But I guess if you’re coming from a place of “I want Godzilla and kong to fight Godzilla and Kong” then I guess it’s….fine

Maybe they’ll be cooler in the film personality wise

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Shimo turns babyface when King G resurrects.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I can imagine what Shimo would’ve looked like as a suit, and its pretty cool.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gripweed posted:

I can imagine what Shimo would’ve looked like as a suit, and its pretty cool.

Eh

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

You’re right, not pretty cool. Extremely cool.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah that’s pretty cool

It’s a big rubber suit monster. That’s just fun and cool

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

That is Zumbolar and it is very cool.

Speaking of rubber suits, is there a better thread to talk about tokusatsu stuff like Kamen Rider, Super Sentai and Ultraman?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CRAYON posted:

That is Zumbolar and it is very cool.

Speaking of rubber suits, is there a better thread to talk about tokusatsu stuff like Kamen Rider, Super Sentai and Ultraman?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833101

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

My search skills are weak I guess. Thank you!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/14_kaiju/status/1770882751044198906?t=JvzYozkh_rwANsX8wJ7mwg&s=19

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Huge 2008ish "Select Your Fighter!" energy there.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah I played primal rage too, trailer guys

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/8ioKfGo.mp4

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Rented and been binging some Heisei era Godzilla stuff this week. They only had the VHS of G v King Ghidorah available and I wasn't about to let it stop me. Turns out that I'm pretty sure it's a bootleg.

God, it's so great to get these visceral 1998 experiences. Being an adult actually rules, sometimes!

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Huge 2008ish "Select Your Fighter!" energy there.

I was thinking more of Cleatus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXF8B7-DcKk

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

lmfao

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Big Mac posted:

If ACAB specifically excludes Sid Hatfield, it excludes Godzilla

I mean, Godzilla is a bastard, and he beats up minorities.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Big Mac posted:

If ACAB specifically excludes Sid Hatfield, it excludes Godzilla

Godzilla terrorizes urban environments, instinctively wielding indiscriminate violence to no clear purpose. Sounds pretty cop to me!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

They look like they're about to cut a coked up wrestling promo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rhonne posted:

They look like they're about to cut a coked up wrestling promo.

Why do you think Godzilla has been turning pink.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I’ve seen the Showa Godzilla films so many times I’ve lost count, so I’m going on a quest to re-watch all of the Heisei and Millenium Godzilla films. I mostly HATED the Millenium films the first time around so very curious to see what I think with the benefit of hindsight. Godzilla ‘85 and Biollante tonight!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I just find most of the Millennium movies to be kinda dull. GMK and Against Mecha are good though.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I just find most of the Millennium movies to be kinda dull. GMK and Against Mecha are good though.

For me I just find that they look SO BAD lol but maybe I’ll have a change of heart this time around.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

PinkoBastard posted:

I’ve seen the Showa Godzilla films so many times I’ve lost count, so I’m going on a quest to re-watch all of the Heisei and Millenium Godzilla films. I mostly HATED the Millenium films the first time around so very curious to see what I think with the benefit of hindsight. Godzilla ‘85 and Biollante tonight!

'85 or return of godzilla?

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Stegosnaurlax posted:

'85 or return of godzilla?

Good call, it was actually Return of!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Lmao new season is gonna be great (more kaiju joining the cast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR3EwyBFrAs

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Muscle Tracer posted:

Godzilla terrorizes urban environments, instinctively wielding indiscriminate violence to no clear purpose. Sounds pretty cop to me!

Godzilla has squashed more cops than any of us ever will, he gets a pass.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Just a heads up that the latest TV Spot and poster have a massive spoiler front and center.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

oh no you wouldn't want the story in a monsterverse movie to be ruined

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't believe there'll be humans in it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PriorMarcus posted:

Just a heads up that the latest TV Spot and poster have a massive spoiler front and center.

Yeah there’s a really cool and insanely stupid shot being posted everywhere now and I’m like dang that would have been cool to see first on the big screen but at the same time now I’m 100% sure just how dumb this movie is going to be

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mantis42 posted:

I mean... a movie is a movie. I don't want it ruined.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

What an odd post, if you don't care the spoilers are easy enough to find on Instagram.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PriorMarcus posted:

What an odd post, if you don't care the spoilers are easy enough to find on Instagram.

You could just, you know, post whatever it is behind spoiler tags.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Timby posted:

You could just, you know, post whatever it is behind spoiler tags.

The new TV Spot shows Mothra's rebirth and her interacting with Jia, and the new poster shows Mothra in full fighting with the other final battle Kaiju.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

PriorMarcus posted:

IThey hate us cause they anus

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Finished up the Monarch show recently and honestly it was alright. Kurt Russell status: still charming as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just rewatched Godzilla KOTM. Holy poo poo I forgot how loving annoying the script was. They were trying so hard to be funny. From memory GvK was not this annoying whatsoever. Like straight up serious scenes are cut by the randomest of quips and jokes. Tonal whiplash all over the place.