Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Still trying to figure out how to get this to work; might just be changing the password and sending people the current email address and they can tamper with it from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Applied to crew as Stasiscore

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Psiwri posted:

Still trying to figure out how to get this to work; might just be changing the password and sending people the current email address and they can tamper with it from there.

If you want to change the email on a Mobage account, you'll have to go to the actual Mobage site. Can't do it through Granblue Fantasy.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

Irisize posted:

If you want to change the email on a Mobage account, you'll have to go to the actual Mobage site. Can't do it through Granblue Fantasy.

I was going through the settings on the mobage site yeah, but wasn't gettin any results from trying.

Anyway for those are comfortable with it, emailing me at foecast@gmail.com with the account # you'd like should be a simple enough process with the password change approach.

Psiwri fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 15, 2016

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Once you get on the site on a mobile device, press the マイページ button on the bottom. Then that should bring you to something like this. Press the arrow above その他. That should drop down a menu. Click on the gear, and you'll end up here. The first option should be "change email address." Type the email in the blank and select the appropriate ending from the dropdown menu.

At least, that should work?

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

Irisize posted:

Once you get on the site on a mobile device, press the マイページ button on the bottom. Then that should bring you to something like this. Press the arrow above その他. That should drop down a menu. Click on the gear, and you'll end up here. The first option should be "change email address." Type the email in the blank and select the appropriate ending from the dropdown menu.

At least, that should work?

That's what I did and feedback indicated it did not work so... who knows, I'm probably being stupid somewhere.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Huh, that's strange. Could have sworn it worked for me before.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I added a section in the second post for terms you might see in guides that haven't been updated for the Official English translation yet. Also some character nicknames that you might see floating around that (might be) hard to guess who they are. If there's anything you guys see around that's confusing or unclear or think should be added then please speak up.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Psiwri posted:

I was going through the settings on the mobage site yeah, but wasn't gettin any results from trying.

Anyway for those are comfortable with it, emailing me at foecast@gmail.com with the account # you'd like should be a simple enough process with the password change approach.

Email sent. Appreciate you, man

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Psiwri posted:

Did not know the points carry over, good to know.

Also for anyone who might be interested in this game and hasn't started yet I did a lot of reroll accounts during the 70 free rolls event and saved the decent ones; would be nice if they got put to use tho I'm not sure how to actually transfer accounts around.

Documentation of them is here.

Wow 3 Lucifer accounts, impressive! Account 39 is basically set for light, although light/dark are easily the worst elements to start with but are worth going for later on since bahamut/lucifer get 100/120% multipliers where other elements get like 50/80%/80% atk + 20% hp.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

Yeah its a solid start but its still got the core problem of the element. Sadly a friend of mine is set on playing dark and I didn't get any Bahamut draws across 120 accounts haha.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Psiwri posted:

Yeah its a solid start but its still got the core problem of the element. Sadly a friend of mine is set on playing dark and I didn't get any Bahamut draws across 120 accounts haha.

120 accounts. Jesus gently caress.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I lucked out so hard during the 70 roll-fest on my main account I've stuck with since November .

Pulled out bahamut on day 1, 1 dark SSR, 2 dark SRs over the week, basically a dark starter team. And I just ticketed Vira today, light is currently the hotness since bahamut HL is the hardest raid now. Although getting to that point is a long rear end ride, basically endgame stuff for people that've been around for 7+ months.

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013
other than reddit is there a good place to buy accounts?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The 70 roll went pretty badly for me, I feel compared to what I've seen others post. I got two SSR characters and one Summon. Though, I do now have a very nice SR pool of characters and can cover all elements for doing story and Free quests, which is nice.

a cat youtube posted:

other than reddit is there a good place to buy accounts?

If you can brave 4chan, /vg/'s thread for the game regularly gives away accounts while making fun of reddit and facebook for people paying money for them. (And possibly reporting them for RMT?)

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
How to Yoda: a primer.

Lots of SSR tier lists make a lot of mention about how powerful Yodarha is for a starter character. And he is! But only if you use him correctly, and most places don't really spell out the mechanics at work.

Why he is special: A 999,999-damage charge attack.

How do you do it?: He starts with a buff "triple shroud" at the beginning of a fight. It has three charges, and doing anything with him uses one or more charge. His normal attack and skills consume a charge, and his charge attack consumes all of the charges. It also does an extra 333,333 damage per charge it eats, so you want to trigger his charge attack when he has all three charges to drop over a million damage.

What's the catch?: He recasts triple shroud on himself every four turns. This means you have to take care to manage his charge level and wait for the recast to buff him up before you unleash the charge attack. (At level 45 he gets his third skill which lets you manually cast the buff and makes life more convenient, but don't waste it because it has a long cooldown.)

What's the BAD catch?: When his buff is depleted, he sucks. He does pitiful damage, he has pitiful defense, and he'll probably instantly die because bosses seem to target him specifically when the buff drops. So there is a gap of at least one round where he's hugely vulnerable and very likely to die.

What do I do about it?: You use his second skill. It gives him 100% dodge for a turn. And as an extra protip, if you use his second skill while he still has his buff up, it spreads the dodge to the entire party, so that's something to consider if you're about to suck down a raid boss's ultimate attack.

So when you're using Yoda, a normal fight should look like this:

Round 1 - Attack (Charges drop to 2)
Round 2 - Attack (Charges drop to 1)
Round 3 - Attack (Charges drop to 0, charge attack should be ready)
Round 4 - Hymn of the Hundreds to stay alive this turn, laugh as all of the attacks bounce off of him (He'll recast triple shroud at the end of the turn, back to three charges)
Round 5 - Ultimate Flash (Do a million damage, charges drop back to 0)

If what you're fighting is still alive at this point, Yoda is probably hosed and about to be one-shotted. You can use his third ability to rebuff him immediately and improve his odds of survival, or if you have another character with a defensive skill, you can use them to keep him alive. He'll be without the buff for three turns if you don't use Perpetual Rotation to rebuff him, so he'd need to be protected for that long until he's in a position to start the process over again.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Christ this game has a lot of items. I'm only just getting to grips with them now. I keep checking all the shop screens to see what random junk I've just picked up is used for. Is there a wiki page for this?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Quirkk posted:

Christ this game has a lot of items. I'm only just getting to grips with them now. I keep checking all the shop screens to see what random junk I've just picked up is used for. Is there a wiki page for this?

It's easier if you look at it from the other direction. Until you need something, then you worry about where to get it. And then as you need more and more stuff, you learn where everything is and what it's used for. There's not really a good resource I've found because I had the exact same type of question when I started.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
:(

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Ouch.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Applied to the crew as Paraceus

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

So how do I collect the 1000 gems for completing the registration? Anyone have a handy guide?

Also, applying to the crew as Foecast. You can remove Exister, this character is much better.

Crash_N_Burn fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Apr 15, 2016

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Crash_N_Burn posted:

So how do I collect the 1000 gems for completing the registration? Anyone have a handy guide?

Unless you have access to a country code 080 or 090 phone number that can receive SNS messages you're not going to be able to complete that.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Dictator is localized in English as Vega :v:
:goonsay:

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
So I just do fights with this new dude in my party and then he joins?

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Yup, you just need to fill his bar and then he'll join you permanently

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
If you can, please donate some Rupees. It increases our Crew Size and lets us buy parts. Going to work on the Drop Rate increase part next. I have no idea what upgrades on the Airship does.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Is there some secret to logging in on a different computer/phone? I had been playing via the Chrome App and when I logged in via a different computer, it seems to have erased all progress and made me replay the tutorial.

Help?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Is there a good way to collect rupees? Like in other games the weekend has a specific dungeon for basic currency.

I want to donate but just starting.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
There's the weekend trial quests for money. But co-op is the best for money by selling the coins that drop there, one person can host and 3 others can hop in without any resource needed.

Events that use tokens for event gacha are decent for cash too.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I have no idea what buttons I pressed or what I did, but now I have a lovely account from Psiwri. Thanks dude.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Sent Potsticker a friend request since I couldn't see a way to search for the Crew by name without going page by page.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

grrarg posted:

Sent Potsticker a friend request since I couldn't see a way to search for the Crew by name without going page by page.

Yeah you just send requests to someone in the crew and someone can send you an invite. Not sure who has invite powers right now though.

JayKay posted:

Is there some secret to logging in on a different computer/phone? I had been playing via the Chrome App and when I logged in via a different computer, it seems to have erased all progress and made me replay the tutorial.

Help?

Are you sure you actually logged in? When you first start the app there's two buttons, the first, shiny blue one automatically makes a new account for you, and the second grey one is the one you'd use to log in.

Try this from the Android games thread:

Sendo posted:

I went through this same nightmare, assuming you originally made an account on chrome and have an email login and password. First uninstall the app, then you can try going to https://ssl.sp.mbga.jp/_logout in chrome (on the phone) and clicking the second (I think? try translating) button to log out. Then go back to chrome and try going to https://ssl.sp.mbga.jp and see if it will take you to the login screen (same one as on pc with device mode), if it does then just login with your account you made. If it just starts the game without login in then you will need to delete chrome cookies (I had to do this and there doesn't seem to be anyway to delete specific site cookies on android chrome).

Essentially you want to have logged into the account you intend to play with on chrome on the phone, then reinstall Granblue through qooapp. When you first launch it there are two options from memory, one just starts the game and creates an account itself (what you would have done the first time), the other option is to link an existing account which will then open chrome to mobage site where you are already logged in from before asking for confirmation you want to link the account. I think the button you're looking for when you first launch the app is the second button and it's grey (i also think it has ID mixed between the japanese on the button).

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope

Geektox posted:

Yeah you just send requests to someone in the crew and someone can send you an invite. Not sure who has invite powers right now though.

First Mates and above can scout and confirm applications to the crew.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
What TZ are the Strike Times set to? Mine says "13:00-14:00" and "1:00-2:00" but I'm not sure if that's my local time or some Japan time or what.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Alright cleared sagat, Vega, and fang maniacs. Gotta try necalli later, dealing with Vega off element was a pain.

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
Its 10am and 10pm Mountain Standard Time.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Drakes posted:

Alright cleared sagat, Vega, and fang maniacs. Gotta try necalli later, dealing with Vega off element was a pain.

Good job! I made a mistake with team comp doing Survival Hard (Hazen with his heal would've been way better in the front line) and was ready to throw in the towel at like 8/15, but somehow I managed to eek out a win with only Djeeta and Cerebus left in the end with sub 200 hp a piece. Not sure I can take on Extreme.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Mechayahiko posted:

If you can, please donate some Rupees. It increases our Crew Size and lets us buy parts. Going to work on the Drop Rate increase part next. I have no idea what upgrades on the Airship does.
How's the return on the potion generator? I'm about 50/50 on completing Fang Extreme runs right now, but I feel like I could've salvaged most of those fuckups with a single clutch heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famous Amos
Sep 17, 2007

GIGA TARU BREAK
Just started a couple days ago and I've really been getting into this. Seems like just my thing.

Psiwri posted:

I sent you an e-mail w/ a request for acct #39, if that's still available. I wouldn't mind starting over w/ a more coherent team, especially with the half off AP event period. Thanks for making this offer!

e: Thanks! Really generous of you to share your reroll efforts. Can't wait to get started!

Famous Amos fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 16, 2016

• Locked thread