Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I'd be in spark range if s.bear didn't rob me of 75 rolls. With what I got atm I could hit 255 sparks. Nothing I'd chase after with it aside from sheep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So with the coming anniversary event it would be a good time to start playing this? (is it ever a good time to start playing a gacha mobage?)

Is there a particular summon I should risemara for now before the free rolls?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the whole next week is your risemara oyster. make a bunch of alts and have them all roll for a week!

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006
Just to be completely clear for anyone considering starting up now: they are giving away 70 free gacha rolls (10/day) over the next week. 30 of these rolls are during a legfest (double ssr rate - think godfest in PAD). Now through the next week is literally the best time to reroll a new account we have seen in a year.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Glancing at the news page, also log in within the next hour (10:00 AM - 11:00 AM EST), and at the same time every day for the next two weeks, for a chance to win some pretty cool prizes. I'm somewhat unclear if the listed prizes are per day or total - first would be nice, but upon rereading I suspect it's the latter - but either way they're pretty nice.

3 Winners:
-Set of Bahamut, Lucifer, Grand Order, Kaguya and Shiva summons

5 Winners:
-Set of Agni, Varuna, Titan, Zephyrus, Zeus and Hades summons

10 Winners:
-Set of a damascus ingot and sunlight stone

50 Winners:
-1 SSR Character Ticket

500 Winners:
-1 SR/SSR Weapon Ticket

50,000 Winners:
-3000 crystals

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
So as a new account, what should I be doing to earn crystals the fastest? Just working through the story?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

NJ Deac posted:

Just to be completely clear for anyone considering starting up now: they are giving away 70 free gacha rolls (10/day) over the next week. 30 of these rolls are during a legfest (double ssr rate - think godfest in PAD). Now through the next week is literally the best time to reroll a new account we have seen in a year.

Going to slightly correct this, starting in the next 3 hours you get 80 rolls since you get a free 10 roll after the tutorial.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Silvergun1000 posted:

So as a new account, what should I be doing to earn crystals the fastest? Just working through the story?

story, event, fate episodes. There's see hidden town stuff if you lookup the wiki.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Drakes posted:

story, event, fate episodes. There's see hidden town stuff if you lookup the wiki.

Gotcha, thanks!

If I'm understanding this correctly, it seems like it takes a while to get to your first "real" (Not the post-tutorial with the pool of 6 SSRs) 10-pull then? I figured I'd try re-rolling a bit and see if I could get something good, but if it's going to take as long as I think to even get to my first 10-pull, that might be kinda rough.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lord Koth posted:

Glancing at the news page, also log in within the next hour (10:00 AM - 11:00 AM EST), and at the same time every day for the next two weeks, for a chance to win some pretty cool prizes. I'm somewhat unclear if the listed prizes are per day or total - first would be nice, but upon rereading I suspect it's the latter - but either way they're pretty nice.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, there's no actual specific time to log in for this - just any time between 12 midnight and 11:59 PM (jst) for each day of the event.

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

Silvergun1000 posted:

Gotcha, thanks!

If I'm understanding this correctly, it seems like it takes a while to get to your first "real" (Not the post-tutorial with the pool of 6 SSRs) 10-pull then? I figured I'd try re-rolling a bit and see if I could get something good, but if it's going to take as long as I think to even get to my first 10-pull, that might be kinda rough.

Your best bet is to create a few accounts today/tomorrow and then log in to each over the next couple of days and see what you get from your free anniversary 10 pulls (one per day for the next week), then keep whichever account has the best crop of characters to start with.

With a little perseverance you should be able to start with multiple limited/unticketable ssrs and an account with a start dash you can use on another limited if you are the type to spend real money on a stupid gacha game like this.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Unless I'm reading it wrong, there's no actual specific time to log in for this - just any time between 12 midnight and 11:59 PM (jst) for each day of the event.

It's called me being dumb and somehow reading it as 00:59 AM. You're completely correct.

Anyways, what's the best way to do alts? Just set up a dummy gmail account (so your actual one don't get absolutely flooded with mobage e-mails), and then keep track of all the salted accounts you're using? Then just tolerate uninstalling and reinstalling the Chrome app when checking each account, or is there a faster method?

If I do any at all it won't be many, but I am curious about the best way to go about the process.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You can just log into the game in an incognito Chrome window and close the window and log into your next salted account

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

NJ Deac posted:

Your best bet is to create a few accounts today/tomorrow and then log in to each over the next couple of days and see what you get from your free anniversary 10 pulls (one per day for the next week), then keep whichever account has the best crop of characters to start with.

With a little perseverance you should be able to start with multiple limited/unticketable ssrs and an account with a start dash you can use on another limited if you are the type to spend real money on a stupid gacha game like this.

Oh that sounds like a good idea, thanks!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Is orchid any good

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
highly

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

So, um, that was a thing. Pulled 3 SSRs (Hades summon, Juliet and Lennah characters) out of the daily 10 pull on my primary. Just doubled the number I've gotten to date, and that includes the one I just had to support summon a bunch to get the trophy reward, and the free SSR ticket. Also picked up Tyre as well, who at least has amusing skills.

Shame both my SSR summons (Hades and Ranko) are Dark - for which I still don't have a single character of any rarity (or weapon even). :v:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Dumb question, but how do you claim these free 10 rolls?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
I haven't touched GBF for a week while away on holiday, and come back just in time for free draws? Can't wait to pull 9 characterless R's and an SR, haha, am I ri--

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

mycot posted:

Dumb question, but how do you claim these free 10 rolls?

Go to the Premium Draw page. Where you'd normally be able to buy a 10-roll for 3000 mobapoints, it will instead be crossed through in red with a '1 free daily!' sign. Just click the button.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what exactly do her skills do

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Futaba Anzu posted:

Her 1 is a giant self-buff (+90% atk and a bunch of other boosts) that lasts until she takes damage but also gives her a shield equal to 40% of her max HP. Her 2 is similar to Amira's 2; it steals the enemy's mode bar and your allies' charge bars to feed her own meter, which is important because ougiing refreshes the shield to full if her 1's active. Her 3's just a nuke.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Her 3 can hit 3 times for 400k damage each

Wish all my nukes were like that

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Why cant I play through the web browser link? Do I need a vpn?

e-Oh I have to use chrome I guess and I have to reenable all this junk

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 1, 2017

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Day 1 startin strong, still rolling hard with the dark.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I rolled Anira and Anthuria, good stuff.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Futaba Anzu posted:

didn't look!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

That is exactly what an Orchidhaver would say.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
10 more draws, 3 more terrible SSRs. :negative:

I suspect if I ever get anyone good I'm going to just quit this dumb game.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Cuntellectual posted:

10 more draws, 3 more terrible SSRs. :negative:

I suspect if I ever get anyone good I'm going to just quit this dumb game.

you could be like me and quit the game and still continue to roll good poo poo like orchid apparently

also sara and petra in 15k crystals

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Got limited Io from today's daily 10.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

I've got a few accounts I've been doing the daily 10-rolls on, got a couple that are looking good so far. One's got Eugen, one's got Korwa. At this point with what I've gathered from what you've guys have told me, I could just ticket Petra on the Korwa account, grind out Siete and be pretty much set right?

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

"just grind out Siete" ... Yeah, sure. You might wanna look into what exactly that entails.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
A Korwa account with Siete as a goal is a good start regardless.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Space Flower posted:

A Korwa account with Siete as a goal is a good start regardless.

I agree, but you might wanna be sure you won't just go completely gibberingly insane along the way. :p

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

So, today's been interesting. Got nothing particular on the 10-draw for my primary account, but have been collecting the event items at a decent clip. Even managed to snag the final blow trophy on the Dominion Core, which I was rather amused about considering what my overall rank and power currently is.

Overall, liking this event significantly more than the only other one I've done, the Duelist of Eternity one. There I was roadblocked by the loving Clay Golem Hard Groundbreaker Hard fight since I had no way of dealing with that attack (even aside from the damage, only source of Veil is still Katalina), which locked me out of every single event reward other than Arisa - due to every single other item in the event needing an item only dropped by that fight and up.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Raitzeno posted:

"just grind out Siete" ... Yeah, sure. You might wanna look into what exactly that entails.

From what I've read, it'll take about 2 months. No idea how accurate that is though. At any rate, from what I understand, that setup is basically as good as I can get for wind, so in the meantime Korwa + Petra + (attacker) should make for a really strong start right?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Today main got Yuel while alt got junk. I'm okay with this.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Literally the only GW character materials that drive me insane are the ridiculous amount of low orbs and whorls. I have everything else covered :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

MohShuvuu posted:

Literally the only GW character materials that drive me insane are the ridiculous amount of low orbs and whorls. I have everything else covered :(

Angel Halo is half AP right now so just start your Netflix queue or something

• Locked thread