Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Baal posted:

Don't play Samsho

I can never keep straight which ones I've played, but some of them were/are fun enough for just messing around. Not the newest ones though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Floe's one of the few streamers I actually consider giving money to now and again.

I mean mostly so I can give him a terrible challenge to suffer through, but even still, he's danced (Literally some even) for my amusement long enough to feel like it's fair.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Is D4Windows only meant to work with a dual shock controller?

Mostly yeah, it masks that you're using a DS4 and tells the computer you're actually using an Xboner pad, which because things are dumb, makes it more compatible with a ton more things.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Am I stuck using joy2key then?

I've heard good things about InputMapper.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

They look pretty bad. Period comma exclamation point.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Baal posted:

Still better than the mess that is Eyes of Heaven

What's wrong with it? I forgot all about it and haven't seen anything for a while, but if it's just sharper ASB I could deal with that.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jesus, why even hold a losers if it's just there to be dumped on.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Spuckuk posted:

Everyone talking about visuals in modern fighting games, and nobody mentions how absurdly pretty Tekken7:FR is looking?

Tekken 7's looking real nice, but it'd look even nicer on my TV and in my PS4.

Some day.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

He put Drama into MDE without a meter, he loves Guilty Gear which I loving hate, he thinks Filia isn't redundant, 3rd Strike is one of his favorite games which I think is a gigantic piece of poo poo, and he likes juggalo music which is objectively terrible.

I didn't know I liked Mike Z this much.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

KI's biggest problem is that it's the most visually noisy fighter I've seen in forever where between single fire balls and stage effects the screen can become 60% obscured by big ugly particle effects.

Not to mention the game blasts sound clips constantly to really up the sensory overload. It's like they're trying to hide their game.

It's pretty fun though.

Like people can post the screenshots of the charged Jago fireball splash and all the huge effects, but honestly once I get playing I don't think I've ever stopped and thought like "Man all these effects are blocking view" or anything similar.

Also the music is 10/10 for the most part, go into options, turn that up, turn announcer down.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

In terms of screwing around and just fun had with them.

3S.

I liked Darkstalkers 3/Vampire Savior/Resurrection whatever you wanna call that particular Darkstalkers.

Heritage for the Future.

The new KI I wanna give some mention to because while I didn't ever have much connection to the old ones beyond "I've played them", I've enjoyed the new one a whole lot since PC release.

Also UMK3 for being what it was.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Riot also bought out Radiant or whoever and cancelled Rising Thunder.

Just to poo poo on Riot some more in the topic of fighting-y stuff because they're trash garbage, even if I didn't care all that much about Rising Thunder.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

So if you're gonna play Guilty Gear, just get it on PS4? The PC population is pretty dire going by steamcharts and I can't imagine Rev 2 is really gonna do that much to help it.

It's been eons since I've played one and figured screw it, I see some copies for pretty cheap cheap-ish at a place around me.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 26, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

attackmole posted:

I'm a PC player and I still find games fine, but who knows how much more bumping it is on the PS4. I can't pull down any actual numbers but I'd imagine they're pretty comparable? Or maybe there's secretly 10x the people playing it on PS4, who knows, I dunno which guys here netplay on the PS4 and can confirm/deny.

Ah well dang, admittedly steamcharts isn't infallible or anything, people with private profiles don't get counted so I'm probably just running off info that looks worse than it is.

attackmole posted:

e: looks like it's going for 20 bucks on Amazon right now if that beats your local prices, as opposed to the full price PC special.

Though shiiiiit, I see that now, might have to bite solely for that price, my cheaper looking one was still like $40.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Server populations don't mean as much in our post Discord and post friends list world.

Mintergalactic posted:

Pc rev has better netplay and less random baddies but usually costs more money

The downside however is that I'm pretty not great at these games (GG/BB/Similar) usually, so more random crummy-okay dudes online is kind of a positive for me at least for a bit.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 27, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

BattleTech posted:

Although Tekken 7 looks really good so that might change.

I'm hoping that turns out true as well. Wanted to play Tekken again for a while now too, but I'm lame and tag has never been my thing, so I've been waiting ever since Tag2 for that to run it's course and finally 7's getting it's rear end onto a home port.

The only thing that bums me out about 7 though is that we're getting Master Raven instead of not-Blade Raven. :smith:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 27, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

JEH WE DID IT GUYS

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

NRS games in fact own and are good.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Oh yeah not really gameplay related but NRS animations are still made by Ed Boons Friend, the amateur movie Kung Fu Man who played Raiden in MK1. So instead of having people that actually animate things some 50 year old dude who wasn't good enough to be Nameless Goon in a cheesy 80s action movie covers himself in rubber balls and does it all himself and gets paid millions of dollars.

Is.. this supposed to be a bad thing.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'm mad Harada added the worst boy, give me Prompto or Gladio instead.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

If Def Jam Icon isn't on that Garbage EVO line up why are you even bothering with all this.

I'd say screw that, gimme Fight For New York, except FFNY actually owned. Danny Trejo vs Flava Flav v Busta Rhymes vs Sean Paul was good times. That and kicking the everloving poo poo out of guys like Elephant Man.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Cripple 16, nerf piccolo, (tiny)nerf to Nappa, nerf Broly, Cell unchanged and still wildly the best character in the game.

How do you gently caress up some balance this bad.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

GentlemanGiant posted:

I'm really hoping a P5 arena gets made because I also really enjoy Persona.

Me too man.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Very likely, 5 was massively successful.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

King may wear a cat, but he's also a bear in my heart.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Barudak posted:

Close, its Deadliest Warrior: The Game

The Deadliest Warrior games were hilarious, me and a buddy found all sorts of little weird quirks and ran into a bunch of goofy bugs.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'll be honest with you all, Blazblue has always just been "Bad Guilty Gear" to me.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Baron Snow posted:

Thanks for posting that, if only to remind me that "Sub-Zero (Chinese Ninja Warrior)" actually existed and wasn't just a fever dream I had in 1994.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVIpnoptwSQ

I love all of these ridiculous songs so much, like I couldn't really care less if they're gonna be super competitive games or whatever each time, MK's just supremely my poo poo.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I play Eddy, Lee and Miguel and you'll pry them from my cold, dead hands.

Also Bryan but I've always been bad at him.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Cell's far and away the best character in the game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

anime was right posted:

kolin and rashid are both good characters.

if fang didnt have those stupid rear end sleeves hed be cool. they look so bad tho. like so so so bad.

FANG still has probably my favorite theme of V, I love the hell out of that sound. That and the weird sleeves aside I like his design a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvOm2m-1wfw

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

mango sentinel posted:

What is wrong with you people his sleeves are everything.

I like the idea of it a bunch, eccentric martial artist hiding/containing his poison hands in some billowy sleeves, but it don't look that good implemented in the design they went with imo.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

RoadCrewWorker posted:

And people seemed so stoked for Tekken it was audible on basically any other stream.

There were some good rear end matches pretty much all the way through, the noteworthy Paul v Paul was hilarious, both guys would get low and it became this tense dance of WHERE IS IT, WHERE'S THE DEATH FIST?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Honestly SF30 seems pretty alright here too, even watching strimmers most of their matches have been smooth sailing just up until they get matched with like KuwaitiGamer1985 (Real name that Aris ran into) and the connection dumps all over itself.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The Persona 5 stuff was apparently a big bluff, more than a few people I watch or watched ignored them and nothing ever came of it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

KI was and is kind of a marvel of design in how well it runs, plays and everything. I got a buddy I play junk with who's in Turkey and I don't think any other game's felt closer to an offline smooth experience while online than it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

DBFZ makes me sad the same way TTT2 did, I can't really care enough to deal with tag games and even when you have the option of "Oh just play 1 really strong guy instead" it often just means you get completely smoked by people still doing the 100000 hit tag assist striker kizuna combos.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

All UMvC3 ever looked like over any of the times I watched it throughout the years was touch of death combos and "He turned on X-Factor and won", have genuinely never understood the excitement for it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Limit Smush Broz to one game and make it the new one because Melee was already dull as dirt years ago.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

This is what happens when you don't ban stages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiQp5w-9IAE

You don't even have to watch the whole thing, just click play and look at that video timer

Leave the actual fun poo poo like items on then, there, then he coulda tossed something up at him rather than have this spastic high ground standoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

In Training posted:

Isn't KI F2P?

Only sort of, there's a free version where they cycle characters every week or some like that.