Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This is the funniest thread in SA right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

teagone posted:

That's most definitely case. That particular shot you posted is more representative of the final look for sure, and looks even better in motion. The scenes where she's running on walls and shooting, and power walking through the water don't look as touched up yet.

As much as I want to be on your side of the argument, I said the same thing when the first Green Lantern trailer came out :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've only seen the first two Shell moves, I've never read the manga and I played that PS1 game for about an hour.

I'm 70% hyped for this. It doesn't matter to me that it looks like a mashup of different Shell sources. If it's interesting and fun to watch, I'm game.
Same reason why I like the most recent Hitchhiker's Guide movie. They knew they weren't going to get a sequel so they took the basic framework and and peppered in other cool things from the other books.

If, at the end of the day, I wanted to watch '93 GiTS I have the DVD and could watch that instead of complaining about a new interpretation.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The latest trailer showed that they cleaned up some of the troubling CGI.
I'm pretty excited.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This is my favorite phase in these movie threads:
Pre-release hyperbolic arguments over speculation.

Mmmm, like sweet ambrosia.

• Locked thread