Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It already came out, years ago. The only reason it's not called 'Superman' is because of intellectual property rights and presumable nerd outcry. Hancock is narratively identical to half of Batman V Superman.

There were a lot of differences from Superman to Hancock. That would be like calling Chappie a complete copy of Short Circuit 2.

LOS LOCOS KICK YOUR rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ccs posted:

So, this movie.

Well, it's not Ghost in the Shell. The characters are completely different. They have different origins, different personalities, different motivations. They and the world they inhabit are only cosmetically similar to the original. The quieter they took from the original movie is out of context and no longer plays a broader thematic part in the story. The pure action scenes they took lack the impact of the animation. The lighting lacks the contrasts between different times of day and mental states that the original had. The ending is nonsense.

I might write a longer post with specifics, but basically go into this movie knowing that they bought the brand and style and none of the substance. In light of it's source material, it's a terrible film.

I agree, the movie was Ghost in the Shell in name only.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Back when this film opened opposite Boss Baby and stumbled right out of the gate

drat, Boss Baby won? Maybe this movie will be fiendishly remembered like Dredd and kept alive with dvd sales. hahahaha

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It was designed as good as a Twinkie, in my book. Nice clean factory produced. I'm sure people will look back on this movie and say they sure used their computers good.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Dvd goes on sale in 2 months. I hope you guys who liked the movie place your pre-orders.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think Paramount Pictures started the whitewashing rumor after they reviewed the final cut of the movie.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Boss Baby getting a sequel, will Paramount make a Ghost in the Shell sequel to show them up?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I still think paramount started the whitewashing rumors to get people not to see it themselves.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They tried to cram the movie and elements from two seasons of the anime into a 90 minute film.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Snowman_McK posted:

Ghostbusters didn't get negative press, it got an organised hate campaign.

Ghostbusters was a bad movie. Ghost in the shell was a bad movie.

Womp womp

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 31, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ghostbusters was a pretty lovely movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

JBP posted:

I watched the other Ghost in the shell things after this and I agree it seems like they've just jammed a bunch of scenes, feelings and plotlines together then gone tada!

My favorite part is how it took all the source material, that's like a Twinkie. And they sucked out all the white filling goodness and then used it all to make a single movie. When there is only the yummy filling with nothing to contrast it then nothing is special.

• Locked thread