Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

While it sounds like they are trying to do way too much at once, at least it seems like the TV show is the main inspiration which is by far the best version of GiTS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Young Freud posted:

First season of SAC. She makes at least three appearances, IIRC. I can't recall if she even has a name.

Edit: it's Kurutan

I'm pretty sure she is just her roommate in the TV series. The Major is also no longer is a cyber-prostitute, because apparently in the manga universe being a high ranking officer in a secret military/police organization doesn't pay enough.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I really dislike how they are going the cliche route of acting as though being turned into a cyborg is some horrible thing is really pushed in the trailer. In the GiTS universe, basically the only downside to being a cyborg is that maintenance is really expensive, and you become vulnerable to hacking. Togusa is an outlier with his opinions on being a cyborg, and even he has the brain implant. There are tons of more interesting themes to explore.

• Locked thread