Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

phasmid posted:

Kinda thought Shirow was an original otaku. Like, he had palettes of food in one big room in his high-rise, then he had a bedroom full of easels, sketchbooks, fanmail both angry and angering and a big mattress with a VR helm resting on the pillow. Maybe a kitchenette/bathroom. IIRC, he communicated to Oshii mostly through emails, storyboards, other key input.

If only we could pair those two up again with the budget this one is obviously getting...loving hell we'd have the first good adult cartoon in the last decade.

Also, Snow White and the Huntsman deserves a mention here because it's Hollywood at its worst. They have some world-famous, time-tested award-winning actors who play dwarves and then Bad Ellen Page gets all of the dialogue. Also they straight up ripped off the Deer God scene in Princess Mononoke. It's a hard movie to watch. Try it if you don't believe me.

Kristen Stewart's and Ellen Page's personas, acting styles, and physical appearances are nothing alike. I guess they're both brunettes?

Edit: Also my opinion of Max Landis is directly proportional to how blatantly annoying he is. He's like real life Leto's Joker.

porfiria fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

phasmid posted:

Sorry my one-off offended you. I would add that Kristen Stewart does not have a persona, because that implies having a personality at all. But thank you for pointing out this revelation in a thread about cyborgs.

She's a vapid bitch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Tenzarin posted:

Have you rewatched The Matrix in the last 10 years? They can not make good movies.

The Matrix and Bound are both pretty good.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Wait...Raiden's not white?

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I still don't get how Lucy made so much money. I haven't seen it and I know people here like it ironically or semi ironically, but I pride myself on having extremely unrefined taste and it just looked lame to me. What about it pulled in Joe Sixpack or his East Asian equivalent?

porfiria fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 28, 2017

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

To be clear: if you purchase a blu-ray copy of the 1995 Ghost In The Shell that you watch unsubbed because you speak fluent Japanese, because you live in Japan, because you are Japanese, that is still not ethical consumption.

Correct, unless you're Ainu.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I don't really grasp the appeal of GiTS 95 to be honest. I do like Major's design. I guess I'm into icy androgynous muscle girls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

RedSpider posted:

More white people got pissed than Asians did about a white lead in this. :lol:

Well, there are way more white people than Asian people in the USA.

• Locked thread