Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Tenzarin posted:

Cast and Characters: (most will prob be cut for a 2 hour movie)

Actually the press release Paramount put out today lists five actors playing members of Section 9 (no mention of who's playing who though), and Motoko, Batou and Aramaki's actors had already been announced awhile ago. Also despite initial reports that he was playing The Laughing Man apparently Michael Pitt is playing Kuze? This movie's probably gonna be bad but I'll still see it.

Tenzarin posted:

Crappy released image for the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Tenzarin posted:

Hang on The laughing Man and Kuze?!? this movie will not make any sense if they try to cram every single series into it. They should just do the Motoko merges with AI to create a god storyline.

I don't know if it's because initial reports were wrong or if they're going to try to combine the two into one character, but it doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. Still going to try to wait for a trailer to pass full judgement though, all we have is some character names and a brief explanation of Section 9.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Tenzarin posted:

Combining the corporate terrorist hacker The Laughing Man who wants the government to release the cure to cyber brain cancer and Kuze who wants the government to treat refugee's from the 3rd and 4th world war better even going as far as a rebellion with a nuclear weapon seems possible. But there's no way to pull off the motivation in 2 hours. Let alone to explain that Motoko and Kuze both knew each other when their families died in a airplane crash and they both got cyborg'd.

And also introduce Section 9, the world the film takes place in, and a bunch of stuff about cybernetic technology. Also it seems weird to me that they wouldn't just stick with one storyline so they have more sequels to make if the movie is successful. Laughing Man movie > Individual 11 movie > hybrid of Ghost in the Shell 95 & Solid State Society would have been a pretty obvious trilogy when planning for the movie in pre-production I'd think.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

HorseLord posted:

I've always been fond of "anime characters are white" arguments. Like, that people sincerely argue all these Japanese characters, in Japan, are white, because they don't look like what a white person expects a drawing of a Japanese person to look like.

It makes me wonder how these same people would react to if a Japanese person insisted the Simpsons are not american because they're neon yellow.

You have to admit the argument makes sense though, after all Caucasians are the only race with naturally purple hair.

• Locked thread