Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah gently caress scarlet johansson what a loving rear end in a top hat she's basically a criminal for taking this role i hope she goes to jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The gender is robot

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't really like any of the Ghost in the Shell stuff as a whole... But parts of it is really really drat cool sci-fi

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The tank scene is easily one of the best action sequences in all of anime, despite the fact that it is about the protagonist just barely avoiding some gunfire and then gibbing herself. It's packed full of atmosphere and awesome animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS3PGKUiSco

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Rough Lobster posted:

Or be more like the comic and just be titties. Just titties.
This would have been the correct approach

Since it is anime the nudity is probably because of perverts, but I liked that the Major would get nude every now and then because she just gave absolutely no fucks because why the hell would she, she was just a brain in a robot

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I love the giant hologram thingies

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ghost in the shell isn't really that good

It was good - for an anime -, but not really that good imo

It had a handful of really cool scenes though

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
hmmmm i disagree on account of it being boring tripe

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
looks fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYrdoQAjcww

Spider tank spotted :stare:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
equilibrium is a really good bad movie

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Who gives a poo poo what her name is

She barely has a personality in the anime anyway. She's basically a blank slate with a mysterious past or whateve

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
we barely have any big female stars who can do action nowadays, let alone asian ones that an american audience knows

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Despite being an old person now, Scarlett Johansson is very attractive

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why do you care so much about race, guys

we are all one

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
someone post that video of japanese people reacting with joy to the news that Scarlett would be playing the Major. I feel like it's a nice contrast to all the discussion that is being had by exclusively white dudes on the internet about whitewashing

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

7c Nickel posted:

Here's a post I made ages ago in this thread. It's almost like we're rehashing the same arguments over and over with idiots who don't know how to read.

Hm, well there are no big asian actresses that people want to pay to see so unfortunately cant have this

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Alan_Shore posted:

People didn't pay to see Scarlett either, so...? Also how do you know people won't pay to see them? Hm

Mostly just basing this on the fact that hollywood is a machine of greed above all and they don't see much profit in focusing ong asian actors yet because their cold hard calculated demographics research says it aint profitable yet
It's a shame but that's why we see most women above a certain age fizzle out as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:agreed:

• Locked thread