Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

SHISHKABOB posted:

My girlfriend and I watched a little bit of gundam wing and hahaha oh my god.

It's amazingly stupid in the best way, I love it.

Hope you're watching the Dub, for the best crazy voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ScarJo's character will be renamed Major Major Major.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Mamoru Oshii probably means Puppet Master instead of Laughing Man though. Kinda disappoint.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

How can our eyes be real when mirrors aren't real?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Man I hadn't read the premise of this film before. It's pretty funny when compared to season 1 of SAC.

:suicide:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I knew it would be "Making of a cyborg" before I clicked.

I was not disappointed.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

There's also the two women sleeping with her in that short clip I posted last page to give a quick overview of the show's style. I think Kurutan is one of them?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Crain posted:

Yeah, but much like Lucas is being most useful when you have a room of people to shut down his worst ideas, I'm glad he wasn't in control.

He has good ideas, they just seem to get wrapped up with really bad ones more often than I'd like.

Strangely, the Appleseed manga is probably his best work and was never really adapted well.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm a bit sad we're not getting the Stand Alone Complex story of police corruption and corporate coverup.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ufarn posted:

I always love the Japanese (Corporatist) Authoritarian Militarism in movies/shows like GitS and Evangelion. Be very American for them to cut that aspect out of the movie, though.

It's not depicted in an obvious, cartoonish Verhoeven-like way, but it still works without them having to wink.

No one notices in Akira that the JSDF was replaced with a super-powerful Army. With a chrysanthemum logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Bugblatter posted:

I've heard on the internet that people in Japan don't care about the whitewashing. Maybe they don't. But living in Korea, my friends here are super unhappy about the major no longer being Asian.

Japan's reaction means jack poo poo. The problem is that asian-american actors (and other non-whites) don't get enough opportunities and roles that would normally go to them are instead given to white actors. Japan, having it's own movie industry, clearly doesn't have that problem so of course they don't care.

• Locked thread