Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Echo Chamber posted:

Either Paramount is lying or the film press if lying. I find it highly unlikely that Screen Crush would make up a story out of thin air.

If this is true its not only hosed up its worse than the white washing already going on

but hey we are gonna get a GITS movie that is gonna miss the loving point and probably have a completely unrelated story anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hey anime nerds

Why did the major:

Bumrush the spider tank when she coulda just waited 5 minutes

Not shoot the optics

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ammanas posted:

They mention two helicopters were minutes away

Except the Helicopters with the snipers arrive like several minutes AFTER Batou shows up and kills the tank.

Like after the Major and The Puppet Master are linked up and Pup. Mas. is doing his Matrix Speech.

"There's a reason I can't wait"

never explains the reason

dammit Major you loose cannon! You're a danger to the whole force! I oughtta ask for your gun and badge!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MariusLecter posted:

How else would you get the scene of her naked ripping herself apart?

fair point

is there any significance to that scene beyond just literally tearing her own arms off and looking cool?

There's some pretty ham-fisted symbolism in shooting up the tree of human evolution and the fossils right beforehand

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I mean yeah bulging, cramping muscles is cool and good but if the Giant Enemy Crab had like 4 more seconds to crush the Major's head she woulda like permadied right?

Why just commit suicide against spider tank and waste the whole pursuit of Architect from the Matrix?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Phone posted:

They're beating Section 6 to the body that the Puppet Master had hijacked.

i mean like subtextually

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MariusLecter posted:

By moving our minds into prosthetic bodies we are no longer evolving biologically. Killing the evolutionary tree.

Probably?

I noticed the shooting of the tree

but like is there anything meaningful to her literally tearing herself apart

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Phone posted:

She's desperate to get into the tank that she literally tears herself apart from the limbs.

Not to be an rear end, but I'm not understanding what you're looking for exactly.

i dunno it just seemed to me like there's some metaphor to this because its too ridiculous to just happen

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

It's been a long while since I've attempted Ghost in the Shell '95 but I'm always left confused by the plot and what people are even talking about. I hope I am not the only one.

Its Deus Ex except with boobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
also japan is relevant on a international scale, for some reason

• Locked thread