Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I just got done watching the live action movie, having (re)watched the anime a couple days ago.

I liked the live action version a LOT more than I expected to. I'm pretty okay with it not being a strict adaptation of the 95 movie, and I see it more of a different story using some similar characters. I don't see it as particularly dissimilar (or any more offensive) than "Stand Alone Complex" or "Arise", both of which did essentially the same thing.

The movie was gorgeous, though. The world it depicted was borderline-scary with how pervasive the technology and cybernetic enhancements were, and I really dug it. It sort of approached that "sensory overload" threshold for me without ever crossing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread