Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CelestialScribe posted:

Squirrel photos.

I have quietly sung "Unbeatable, she's a squirrel dammit!" to myself. I could see Ellie Kemper as Doreen Green.

I love the off the cuff wordplay of everything, Yappy Endings, or Titus offhanded comment "Micky Mousing hasn't been a thing in the community for a while now.."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Holy poo poo, that's a crazy referance

"The Reverend said he invented the "I'd like to buy the world a coke" commercial", when at the end of Mad Men, Don Draper does come up with the that commercial.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

eschaton posted:

You know her Native American parents are comedians, right? And at least some of the jokes are their own jokes, not something written for them?

Yea, I liked how in the first season they played with a lot of stereotypes of Native Americans.

"We came on the metal bird...hah, I was in the airforce".

I liked the subtle guest stars, like Joshua Jackson

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Or Dean Winters and Will Arnett as Bunny and Kitty.

Yea, that completely killed me.

Is Kimmy driving the stolen police car for her Uber job?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Shneak posted:

Finale: I was expecting Amy Poehler to be Kimmy's mom but Lisa Kudrow was perfect casting.

It did kind of ruin it with having Kudrow be the voice of the Mother avatar in the Disney dream, but still it was fantastic.

clown shoes posted:

Do kids like cheese businessman?

I literally just saw this part. So weird.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Guy A. Person posted:

What is good about her is Kimmy making her more and more infuriated with her weirdness. This season it felt like it was all wacky characters and nobody reacting to Kimmy's weird stuff as much.

Yea, she was the straight man character, who realized how crazy everything was, this season the show lacked someone like that.

I'll eat poo to have some pink cocaine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like "No, Lance is a totally gay name" that was followed by being introduced to Mike's brother who "works out all the time with his roommate Lance".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I kind of want next season to have Christina Hendricks show up as the Reverands pre bunker wife. Actually, I want everyone from Mad Men to show up in UKS.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

There's a non-zero chance they're hoping to have her as his post-bunker fiancée.

Also, they have to do the Christmas episode with Lori-Ann coming to New York, right?

They should totally have Matthew Perry in that episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What were the lyrics to the Daddy's Boy song that ended with "Squish goes the irishman's skull!".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Helena Handbasket posted:

WHAP goes the billy club, WHAP goes the billy club, SPLORCH goes the Irishman's skull! (Approximately.)

I know they attributed one of Titus's songs to Stephen Sondheim's Pinocchio but it actually sounded more like The Last Five Years to me - the one about "you cannot control me, Richard."

The recurrence of the strange old musicals was so wonderful - the point at which I completely fell for this show last season was when they cut to Robert Osborne's distress at "Daddy's Boy" being run on TCM again.

Thanks for that. I enjoy joking versions of oldy timey bigotry towards my people.

The only thing that can sate me for season 3 is Bojack season 3.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Onion Knight posted:

Tituss Burgess could read the back of a shampoo bottle and I'd be on the floor. His timing and delivery are just so consistently excellent.
I want to see him in more stuff, especially if it's comedy.

The 30 Rock episodes he's in are really hilarious, purely becuase of his presance.

Da'Fawn has forgotten his catch phrase...

Xealot posted:

I don't put it past Tina Fey. Between this and 30 Rock, there are probably dozens of cross-references to Mad Men. Also relevant to this point: Anna Camp played Bethany Van Nuys, a woman Don dates after divorcing Betty who's essentially a younger version of Betty.

(Another instance: Lillian at one point drinks a tallboy can of "Old Spanish," a fictitious drink that first appeared on 30 Rock, and that a character orders on Mad Men as a nod to that. It's apparently red wine, tonic water, and olives...which sounds absolutely disgusting.)

I need to rewatch Mad Men, I barely remember that.

And the Olde Spanish sounds like one of the drinks Doctor Venture makes on the Venture Bros. A Doctail.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dave Angel posted:

Good season. I think this might have gotten the biggest laugh from me:

The show really has on point cutaway gags.

And seriously, if you don't watch 30 rock from the start, you're doing a huge disservice to yourself. A lot of the characters and their relationships are setup in the first season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

esperterra posted:

I think Titus going back in time through the garbage may have slain me the most.

So loving good.

That foot has a toe ring, I'm in the 90s!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dave Angel posted:

The 'Roar Her, Gem Her'?

It's sequel, Urban Furor is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Doctor Butts posted:

That is really disgusting.

You're not drinking the butter flavored edible oil product using the straw.

• Locked thread