Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I know he's out and all but we really missed our chance for some real solid humor here.

Jim Webb, when not using the fact that he straight up killed a man for his country as if it's a qualification for president, also is a writer. Like, an actual published writer. He's a pretty generic 'yea man I'm gonna show the grit of war' kinda guy but in the slightly still sanitized way that sells to crotchity old men in bad hats and walking sticks rather than some kinda real 'exposing the truth' kinda thing.

They are also loving bonkers.

http://www.vice.com/read/weird-wild-novels-of-democratic-presidential-candidate-jim-webb-1121

And there's even a greatest hits.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/wildest-5-passages-books-ex-sen-webb-article-1.2030531

quote:

"A shirtless man walked toward them along a mud pathway. His muscles were young and hard, but his face was devastated with wrinkles. His eyes were so red that they appeared to be burned by fire. A naked boy ran happily toward him from a little plot of dirt. The man grabbed his young son in his arms, turned him upside down, and put the boy's penis in his mouth."

quote:

"Fogarty … watched a naked young stripper do the splits over a banana. She stood back up, her face smiling proudly and her round breasts glistening from a spotlight in the dim bar, and left the banana on the bar, cut in four equal sections by the muscles of her vagina."

quote:

"(He) could see Jawbone and Ashley Asthmatic napping together in the grass. They faced inward, their arms entwined. It looked like they were masturbating each other. It didn't surprise him … It was common to see men holding hands, embracing, playing with each other. Some of them had wanted him. He could tell in those evanescent moments between his bao cao bow, the obligatory deference when a guard entered his cell, and the first word or blow that followed it … Quick, grinding voices, turgid with repressed passion. An exploratory reaching of the hand near his groin."

quote:

"Nurse Goodbody, dark and voluptuous (Lenahan had forgotten her actual name, it was something long and Italian), was a bedtime friend to many of the doctors in Bethesda. She had hinted to Lenahan that she simply could not contain herself. Doctors tending to patients, she explained, aroused her. Morphine Mary (again Lenahan could not remember her exact name) was a thin, nervous drill sergeant type, a disciplinarian who did not allow her patients even to complain. Lenahan was convinced that Morphine Mary did not even sleep with her husband. She wasn't bad looking, he mused again, staring at her thin frame. If she'd just get laid every now and then she'd mellow out and stop being such a drat witch."

quote:

"He saw the invitation with every bouncing breast and curved hip … He was thirteen … She was fifteen … In a few moments she drew him to her and he murmured in his quiet voice, 'I am still small.' 'You are large enough,' she answered. And he found he was."

*Please note that Fields of Fire was his first book, and is said to be based on his life story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Tbh I don't want to talk about them but you go ahead :)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

OH JIM WEBB NO

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Wheeee posted:

OH JIM WEBB NO

i am so glad that nobody actually thought this man should become president

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
That's bananas

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Wheeee posted:

OH JIM WEBB NO

"His books are crazy", says goon. Well, how bad could they be?

:stare:

...I wonder how well they sold.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hi, I'm Jim Webb, I wrote a simi-biographical book about how I had a monster hog at 13, vote for me because I totally straight up killed a Charlie.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

he was an accidental senator who quit after one term basically a complete nonentity and if he hadnt been up against the guy who had to fight a rumor that he stuffed a severed deer head in a black family's mailbox, and factually had a noose in his office and a confederate flag in his home, and who also said macaca, this crazy book poo poo (which definitely made the virginia news back in '06) would've sunk him. he still barely won

i think he had some write-up about how women can't fight from back when he was at the naval war college or whatever that people were also bemused by

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

oystertoadfish posted:

he was an accidental senator who quit after one term basically a complete nonentity and if he hadnt been up against the guy who had to fight a rumor that he stuffed a severed deer head in a black family's mailbox, and factually had a noose in his office and a confederate flag in his home, and also said macaca this poo poo (which definitely made the virginia news back in '06) would've sunk him. he still barely won

America.txt

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Jim Webb is absolutely based. Trump/Webb 2016

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I would like to know more about his shady Vietnam adventures.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster
:stare:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
can.. can women really do the banana thing

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Webb fought in a war you idiot. He knows what he's talking about.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

women can do anything

especially with that

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Jim Webb Has Had Sex

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jewel Repetition posted:

Jim Webb Has Had Sex

With His Big Hog

lambeth
Aug 31, 2009
:stonklol:

this . . . this was not what i was expecting when i opened this thread

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

*Please note that Fields of Fire was his first book, and is said to be based on his life story.

FOF is on the USMC Commandant's recommended reading list, but I'm not sure anyone in charge has actually read it critically.

I read it because it was on the NCO reading list, and I came away thinking :fireman: and also gently caress draft dodgers and politicians. Everything else on the reading list is about leadership, selfless sacrifice and dedication to the corps (Rifleman Dodd for life, bitch); while FOF is largely about a green lieutenant watching people get chewed up in a meat grinder turned by uncaring politicians and an ungrateful populace. I guess one could interpret that as the importance of duty to country.

The final chapter is the protagonist attending an anti-war rally, being pulled onstage to speak, then calling everyone in the crowd a coward who shouldn't care because the war doesn't affect them. Then he walks away :smug: because he thinks that's a good way to honor all the people he saw die.

Then I read Catch 22 while in Fallujah for maximum irony.

red19fire has issued a correction as of 18:42 on Apr 15, 2016

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no lets talk about gary webb's books

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Show us that hog Jim.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I know he's out and all but we really missed our chance for some real solid humor here.

Jim Webb, when not using the fact that he straight up killed a man for his country as if it's a qualification for president, also is a writer. Like, an actual published writer. He's a pretty generic 'yea man I'm gonna show the grit of war' kinda guy but in the slightly still sanitized way that sells to crotchity old men in bad hats and walking sticks rather than some kinda real 'exposing the truth' kinda thing.

http://www.vice.com/read/weird-wild-novels-of-democratic-presidential-candidate-jim-webb-1121

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/wildest-5-passages-books-ex-sen-webb-article-1.2030531

I'd hate to think how people would react if, say, GRRM ran for public office.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

Still a better candidate than Trump.

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
Grrm would probably mysteriously hwve to replace his cabinet every few weeks and infuse r&d into gentically modifying geckos into dragons

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Silver2195 posted:

Killed too many white people, so instant disqualification.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Grey Fox posted:

Killed too many white people, so instant disqualification.

most of the Zodiac victims are white though

CaPensiPraxis
Feb 7, 2013

When in france...

Wheeee posted:

OH JIM WEBB NO

Jim Webb YES

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Better than I could have dreamed

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

CaPensiPraxis posted:

Jim Webb YES

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Silver2195 posted:

You know, there is a slight GRRM-ish tinge to those excerpts

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
I don't think it's possible to write a satire of these. They're already their own satire.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I have many questions about all of these but the banana one is the most baffling of all

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Tatum Girlparts posted:

very funny worth a laugh thank you tatum

i hope jim webb's charlie wife chokes on his hog when asked

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

Important question... the banana was cut into four equal quarters... with three width-wise cuts or with one length-wise and one width-wise cut?

Like this:

I mean the former, right? But the latter would have been truly impressive

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nameless_Steve posted:

Important question... the banana was cut into four equal quarters... with three width-wise cuts or with one length-wise and one width-wise cut?

Like this:

I mean the former, right? But the latter would have been truly impressive

I'm just curious as to why it was even a part of the act. Like I get 'hey, check it out, banana in my vagina get it guys' and all but why go for 'and now it's cut up into pieces because it went into me!' Who sees that and goes 'oh yea, need to get in on that action'.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Wait, so why did the dude suck the baby dick in the one book?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm just curious as to why it was even a part of the act. Like I get 'hey, check it out, banana in my vagina get it guys' and all but why go for 'and now it's cut up into pieces because it went into me!' Who sees that and goes 'oh yea, need to get in on that action'.

The woman generally isn't very attractive, and will usually try to get some drunk Marine or sailor to come up and eat the banana. Okinawa is a weird loving island, yo.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=banana+show

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I've been trying to figure out how the vagina trick works, like geometrically, for days now and it still doesn't make any sense to me
Like am I just completely misinterpreting vaginas or is this some kind of double-jointed thing that only seedy foreign strippers can do

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Fullhouse posted:

I've been trying to figure out how the vagina trick works, like geometrically, for days now and it still doesn't make any sense to me
Like am I just completely misinterpreting vaginas or is this some kind of double-jointed thing that only seedy foreign strippers can do

She's got razor blades up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fullhouse posted:

I'm really happy this thread has caused multiple people, myself included, to genuinely put thought into some weird rear end strip show trick and the core mechanics involved.

• Locked thread