Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I know the significance of that number, I just don't know why you'd bother to get it on a coffee mug. Either cover it with swastikas and SS runes, or just use a normal boring non-Nazi mug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

White supremacists DO like Scottish and Celtic imagery, though, perhaps second only to Viking poo poo. The hits just keep coming.

edit: someone also once told me that 88 was a popular number because the Wehrmacht used 88mm artillery.

walrusman has a new favorite as of 15:54 on May 17, 2017

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Obviously heavily dramatized, but definitely a thing that happens. When my grandma died, her garbage company wanted some ridiculous level of documentation before they would cancel her service (like, original death certificate sent by certified mail, etc.). My dad finally just yelled "fine, ruin her credit" and hung up. Last we heard from them, AFAIK.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't know if it's actively harmful to rays but I know you're really not supposed to touch starfish or expose parts of them to air, which the starfish petting areas always do because the water is so shallow and kids try and pick them up. When I bought a starfish for my tank there were super explicit warnings saying if you expose it to air while transferring it to the tank it will probably die.

That's weird, because I distinctly remember seeing the native types we have around here on exposed rocks at low tide. It must not be too bad for them.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Shakespeare Aunt Judy on Facebook after four glasses of chardonnay at her Eat Pray Love book group said:

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

life is killing me posted:

I guess what I'm trying to say is, aunt Judy could totally post Facebook platitudes all night long with a bottle of wine in her, but no one cares because it's aunt Judy and it's "only" wine

This guy gets it.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Catberry posted:

I don't think it's real

Aw, no poo poo?

Does the mayor of YOUR city profanely mock your hygiene?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

AlbieQuirky posted:

Also, re the sequoia, there are sequoias growing in Oregon that were planted as seedlings on the grounds of houses and in public parks.

I see them around and I'm jealous; they look so cool. They do grow really fast but not "requires professional felling after the third year" fast.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

It doesn't say "give two blowjobs to fellow teens." :tinfoil:

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Kantesu posted:

He's saying he tossed the dog poo back over the fence. Possibly into neighbor's pool.

Calling plausible on that one. My previous neighbors (probably their teenage son, if I'm allowed to stereotype) tested out the practice of flinging their poo poo into my yard, but it came to a halt when I started sending it back.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I did this for a AP calculus final. It seemed like a good idea to a teenage nerd, and it worked alright, but the slight increase in density wasn't worth the extra effort.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

If it was true, I would sympathize with the lady in the pool story. But how does an unscalable brick wall just appear around a yard big enough to contain a pool, including the front yard which is apparently big enough that she can have an unscalable electronic gate for her driveway?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Keith Atherton posted:

"Steinbeck? What's that from?"

"You've never heard of the greatest American novelist of the 20th century?" :smug:

Top five, maybe, but then I remembered we were still talking about the lady who loved Grapes of Wrath enough to name her dog after him. Whoops.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Before I can make a ruling I need to know whether Dr. Who has anything as unsettling and unhinged as the gay astral dog dick thing that Supernatural fans got going on.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Haifisch posted:

Pfft, like practicality matters to people fantasizing about chasing away the scary BLACK criminal man, yessuh baws, ain't got no pickaninny nohow.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

There is no way that sort of racist would be so self-aware.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

That is complete nonsense. He doesn't wear contacts - he was wearing glasses when he kissed her. :psyduck:

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

dovetaile posted:

Oh no I know plenty about Snarry. I've been in various fandoms liked different movies and TV shows since I was a teen. Which is also how i know what the antis no one in particular are actually railing against and it is, in fact, ships imaginary scenarios where imaginary characters touch pee-pees with an age difference and not actual pedophilia. Fandom's liking a TV show is becoming more and more about "purity" not being a loving creep.

walrusman has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Oct 17, 2017

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I don't know what kind of poo poo-rear end schools y'all went to, but mine was a perfectly normal building surrounded by athletic fields and neighborhoods, and was definitely not "secured" in any way. You could come and go as you pleased, although a teacher or unarmed security guard might dole out standard school punishments (detention, suspension, etc.) if they caught you. Physical force was a complete no-go. And this was a huge school in a bad part of town, with above average gang activity.

It also had windows, ooooh.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Hey Susan, are you coming to the orgy on Sunday afternoon? I hear Todd from payroll is gonna be there!

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Paladinus posted:

This has happened to me once. The part where I've printed my research paper with wrong settings, not handing it in.

Did you have one of those fancy printers with tiny tiny paper too?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I always suspected she ran a standard quarter-mile high school track (maybe two laps) and assumed it was a full mile. Either that or she was counting Mississippis in her head and was very generous to herself - because who uses a real timer in that situation?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It seems more about making themselves feel good at the expense of making a stranger uncomfortable.

Ding ding ding.

It's also just...teenagers, man. I would never assume either party in that coffee story was over 22.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Katt posted:

Maybe it's finite at a group level so some people used up all the sex and now the others aren't getting any.

^^ What r/incel and their ilk actually believe ^^

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

That would be annoying as hell after the first time.

And what benefit does "my phone rang and no one was the wiser" provide on a standardized test? It's not like someone was texting them the answers. All he got from it was a couple chuckles' worth of mild amusement and the pedestrian belief that he's smarter than everyone regardless of objective measurement - the distilled high school experience.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I’m in Texas and in a monogamous marriage that would end if the monogamy ended

Username/post combo.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I'm the security guards carefully examining customers' peeners to assess the veracity of their pick-up lines.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

The real gen-you-wine Asian gang members he used in Gran Torino were just loving awful. None of them could act and it ruined any scene they were in. That was the low point of an already hamfisted and facile movie that is far more beloved than it deserves.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

For that matter, what does her flirting with other guys have to do with the story? It'd be just as bad if she was a suicidal pillhead drunk with no impulse control and a fine booty.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

genetic_knockout posted:

Found this on my pregnancy forum--I totally don't doubt the first part probably happened, but then it just veers right into stdh territory

Some long-rear end corridors in that hospital.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

It's a mostly corporate thing or for companies hiring skilled workers with experience and/or college degrees. Full resumes and/or CV.

For something like Chipotle, McDonald's or any other fast food place or a gas station, all they really want is an application detailing where you've worked and your "special skills." You don't usually need prior experience, meaning you don't need a full resume or CV unless you're applying to corporate or for a management position.

They don't need a resume or experience, they just want to know your skills and your work history!

Are you drunk? Am I?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Wouldn't your supervisor consider it fairly unprofessional to comment on something like that in the first place?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Len posted:

These are the things she's bragging about

https://www.fluevog.com/shop/4964-bardot-blue-gold

That's certainly a color.

KLM cabin crew supplier identified.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I'm the crafty person who knows the exact dosage of a notoriously inconsistent drug that will be undetectable by numerous strangers but still detectable by an unknown screening process.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Shakespeare but they're lions

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Liberal community college lol

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Araenna posted:

Gendercritical is a subreddit of "feminists" who are actually just right wing transphobes. They like to talk about "peak trans", which is basically like when people talk about when they took the red pill.

quote:

this “collective they” is going to start considering the potential benefits of physically re-gendering all offenders as “slapped” and “slappedself”.

I don't believe a single word that the husky-voiced lady wrote - nobody progressive enough to care about pronouns would be disrespectful enough to argue with someone about theirs, I hope - but I laughed at this line.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Was that JoeyVapes?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Cue me kicking you in the goddamn rear end if you don't stop talking in faux stage directions.

Exuent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

What hospital does surgery without a few gallons of universal donor juice in the fridge?