Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Video killed the radio child. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

It says "and past paramedic."

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

bike tory posted:

Swords obviously not but why would a teacher stop an 8 year old wearing chain mail?

"Disrupting the learning environment," the teacher equivalent of the old "interfering with a police officer" catch-all charge.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Haifisch posted:

Being banned from buying groceries because you got put in the wrong database sounds like something out of a lovely cyberpunk story.

But it wasn't the WRONG database, now was it?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I literally balled my eyes out.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Look, it's Alaska. You fire the one teenager within a day's drive, then you gotta take out a help wanted ad in the Mooseknuckle Mirror and before you know it you're giving 30 hours a week to some toothless, shack-dwelling hermit who won't tell you his name and comes to work drunk on stove fuel.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

What a loving dweeb, good God.

Edit: if I have pick one thing out of that whirlwind of poo poo, I guess I'll go with the household pet acting like a highly trained police dog.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Also, PYF > stdh.txt > I can't get my grades any higher, so I might as well get high too!

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Man, that punch/stairs wound looks an awful lot like you tried to give your cat a bath.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Our culture is going through some...interesting changes.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

System Metternich posted:

love too share my account with my seven sexy&successful brothers

I wonder if any of them can spell the name of the things they get paid to create. There's no Y in "algorithm."

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

It never ceases to amaze me how people can spell words two different ways in adjacent sentences.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Watch out, Enes Kanter. :(

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

You could always ask them to go check in the back, offering them a chance for a nice smoke break.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

For the 200th time in this thread, lemme just say that I'm glad social media wasn't around when I was a teenager.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Alligators like pets sometimes.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I think it's the stereotypical white lady name for the "demanding to speak to the manager" set.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Way to make it sound even cooler, Twitter guy.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Paladinus posted:

There is a difference between just reciting song lyrics and using a phrase from the song to make a coherent joke. The story says 'toddler', and small children usually struggle with the latter, although it's not completely beyond the realms of possibility.

Yeah, it's not the recall of a popular children's movie that seems implausible, it's the razor-sharp comedic timing that made everyone clap.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Most egregious one I've ever seen. He could have been on fire and rushing to jump in a lake, with the Pope and Mr. Rogers begging everyone to stay seated and let him by, and a dozen people still would have obliviously jumped up the second the seatbelt sign went off and blithely ignored the sizzling and screaming behind them as they futzed with their overhead luggage.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I'm the "Geta style wooly hat."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

That has remarkably competent rapping and production. I appreciate the effort that was put into it.