Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Splicer posted:

Grandpas tell jokes sometimes and Spiderman is from the 60s. So it might be true and also Peter Parker is 69 grandpa, suck it up and go save great great aunt may.

True. However,

This poo poo did not happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

People who post like this must be incredibly insufferable to be around. What kind of stupid do you need to be to believe this poo poo?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Considering she spelled it "armor", she's talking about schoolkids wielding weapons in an american school which makes me wish there was a combination of :thunk: and :whitewater:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Leavemywife posted:

People who post like this must be incredibly insufferable to be around. What kind of stupid do you need to be to believe this poo poo?

I love the image of two angry teachers looking up THE RULE BOOK and being like "well, it doesn't mention armor specifically so technically I guess she's right..."

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I dunno, I've met the kids of reenactors before, I can definitely believe that they wore mail to school. Just not that they weren't resoundingly and consistently mocked for both wearing mail and having no social skills or personal hygiene.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
STDH plays by Air Bud rules. Checks out.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I grab my hat and throw it down on the ground in frustration as little Junetricia vivisects another first grader with her broadsword. They just dont write the rule books with these kind of situations in mind.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Danaru posted:

I grab my hat and throw it down on the ground in frustration as little Junetricia vivisects another first grader with her broadsword. They just dont write the rule books with these kind of situations in mind.

My hands are tied! If only he were using scissors or a gun, then I would have a clear ruling I could stop him. But alas, a broadsword... how ~unusual~

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Ain't no rule you can't pledge your soul to Ares.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Swords obviously not but why would a teacher stop an 8 year old wearing chain mail?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

bike tory posted:

Swords obviously not but why would a teacher stop an 8 year old wearing chain mail?

To protect him from the extensive bullying he's about to receive from the other kids

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
“I have your baby in me, giraffe!”

Trust me, its relevant.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

bike tory posted:

"Disrupting the learning environment," the teacher equivalent of the old "interfering with a police officer" catch-all charge.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

walrusman posted:

"Disrupting the learning environment," the teacher equivalent of the old "interfering with a police officer" catch-all charge.

As a teacher myself I'd have zero issues with a kid wearing chain mail, provided it wasn't too much of a distraction and they could still do their poo poo

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

I can see my uncle saying this, but not my Dad. He doesn't like Spider-man.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Khazar-khum posted:

I can see my uncle saying this, but not my Dad. He doesn't like Spider-man.

Do you have the worst dad ever?

(Don’t feel bad. My father liked Iron Man.)

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

burial posted:

“I have your baby in me, giraffe!”

Did you watch my movie burial, or did you just see it?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bike tory posted:

As a teacher myself I'd have zero issues with a kid wearing chain mail, provided it wasn't too much of a distraction and they could still do their poo poo

For one, their every move would be accompanied by loud jangling.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Trash Boat posted:

Did you watch my movie burial, or did you just see it?

The username makes me worry that you’re my daughter, but you can’t be. That regdate is too old and you got the reference. Whoever you are, cotton balls. I mean, thank-you. You’re a fine individual.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Paladinus posted:

as if primary school kids are capable of doing anything at all quietly

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Zelder posted:

To protect him from the extensive bullying he's about to receive from the other kids

:v: What are they gonna do, punch him?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The kid is just ready for the Red Recess.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Paladinus posted:

:goonsay: Actually chain mail is relatively silent especially when well made with small links.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ChaseSP posted:

:goonsay: Actually chain mail is relatively silent especially when well made with small links.

Hm. I have reenactor friends, and all their chain mails are super jangly, so I thought they were supposed to be like that.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeeeaaahhh..... A cop touching you first means you can beat him up consequence free.

What world do these people live in?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Fairly sure he meant poc and not cop.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

And that cops name, was Albert Einstein

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I know Not Always Whatever is low hanging fruit, but

UGGGHHHHHH

edit: not as egregious but this also rubbed me the wrong way, like gee I'm so glad your translation software gives such poetic results

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DorkusMalorkus posted:

edit: not as egregious but this also rubbed me the wrong way, like gee I'm so glad your translation software gives such poetic results

Lmao this absolutely is some dumb poo poo he wrote and thought was deep

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Actually doing what he said produces some good results though

quote:

Once, once told me,
the world takes me to the world
I am not the most precise tool in stock
He looked somewhat dumb
with his finger and finger
In the form of "L" in his forehead

Years are coming and going
I refer to the federal laws and go to the ground
Do not be good to entertain
Your brain becomes smart, but it's a dumb lead
So much to do, much to see
So wrong with the back streets?
You never know if you do not go
You'll never shine if you do not

Hey, now, you're a star, continue playing, play
Hey, now, you're a rock star, you're showing, paid
And all these misfortunes are gold
Only the masters shot the mold

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bike tory posted:

I refer to the federal laws and go to the ground

Ah, so it's about a sovcit?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

The General posted:

Fairly sure he meant poc and not cop.

:eyepop:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

I’m pleasantly surprised that he got downvoted to hell

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
A published author claimed he once filled in at a publishing house and accidentally rejected his own work. He eventually admitted it was made up, but not before lots of people bought into it.

https://twitter.com/markleidner/status/1029941295152680971

Click through for the rest.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Jurgan posted:

A published author claimed he once filled in at a publishing house and accidentally rejected his own work. He eventually admitted it was made up, but not before lots of people bought into it.

That story was awful and makes me less likely to buy the book he keeps shilling. (Which I definitely would have bought otherwise.)

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Jurgan posted:

I read the original tweet, and I thought "Alright, I mean it could happen, maybe." But then he's taking pictures, and posting them online, not once checking to see who wrote the story. Then invested in bitcoins, and somehow got an advance big enough to owe $175,000. JFC.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
E: ^^^ he says he got a seven figure advance for his first book

Haha yeah I read that a couple days ago and immediately figures that it could absolutely. It be true. Good to see he came out saying it was not true.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 08:06 on Aug 18, 2018

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I know Not Always Whatever is low hanging fruit, but

UGGGHHHHHH

The "you thought I wasn't a fan of thing but I am, checkmate loser" stories are always the most pathetic form of stdh, especially when you throw in the "you're a GIRL lassie you're supposed to like ____" cliche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Jurgan posted:

Man, this story. I didn't realise it had been made up, but that's probably for the best.

It's not even a flattering look. What sort of moron doesn't recognise his own story? How can you be editing submissions for a magazine you've submitted to? How incredibly unprofessional is it for an editor to post excerpts of a submission, mocking it on social media? If this were true, all it says is "I'm a really terrible writer and also incredibly dumb and unprofessional."