Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

NonzeroCircle posted:

"14/38 Today, I came home and saw on our fridge, "Please don't drink anymore, I really worry about your health" written by my 7-year-old daughter. I figured she wouldn't ever find out, so I opened the fridge. But I found another note on a can that said "So you're going to drink anyway?" FML"

From http://www.knowable.com/a/38-brave-people-share-their-best-fck-my-life-moments/p-2 AKA 38 things that didn't happen

Gaaahhh, this pisses me off. Even in his STDH he's still a selfish, boorish rear end in a top hat. He couldn't have seen the error of his ways because of a note from his kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Zelder posted:

- live from the south park writers room

Well, it's certainly not like they don't have the experience.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Dude, I don't think you "get" how sexuality works:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Cruel and Unusual posted:

What kind of house doesn't have the kitchen on the ground floor?

You've not heard of a split entry (or split foyer) style home? Typically the entrance is between floors, with the bedrooms downstairs (or on the ground floor, if you prefer) and the living areas up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-level_home#Split_entry

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Also my uncle totally works at Nintendo.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

quote:

Quick background, I am quite a quiet guy who work in a supermarket selling seafood in Australia. my boss had a lovely customer come in, accusing him of selling off fish, fish from Asian countries, which she considered unclean, and then went off at him for not being sanitary. (He is quite OCD when it comes to personal hygiene)

He was being quite polite to her, but I could see him getting angry at her. It got to the point where I stepped in and politely told her to pull the 6 ft stick out of her rear end and kindly gently caress off with it. Needless to say both my boss and the customer were quite shocked at this. My boss instantly appologized to the customer as she stormed off, (she went and complained to the store manager). He yelled at him a lot for this, at least until she was out of sight, then instantly thanked me for saving him from snapping, because he would have got fired for it.

Not the greatest story I know, but i had to share it with someone and figured why not you guys.

TL;DR: A told an rear end in a top hat customer to gently caress off and got a pat on the back from my boss.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Sweet Jesus, if you're writing an STDH text, you should at least make yourself look good. This rear end in a top hat just sounds psychotic.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

This tweetstorm. All of it (you gotta click to read the entire thing):

https://twitter.com/sapphicgeek/status/805146210235518976

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Crosspostin'.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

STDH, sure, but it's kinda funny and not nearly as obnoxious as the Troper poo poo, so I'll give it a pass for at least being amusing.

7/10, would read again.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

An Imgur post titled "BEAST MODE":

quote:

Thank god he did it too or that would have been weird. for those wondering what i mean by "Accidentally" i dont just break into the beast run in public, i didnt mean to do it in my work place and i certainly didnt mean to do it infront of my colleague.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

There's not an eyeroll big enough.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

effervescible posted:

Is there any reason at all he'd get that introduction? Not that it happened of course.

I sincerely hope it's because he's 7 feet tall and green.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Sure this happened. But what got omitted was how the judge then had the friend arrested for contempt of court.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

hogmartin posted:

I've sat jury duty in two cases and not once was I sworn in, and pretty much we were generally encouraged not to say a drat thing (aside from answering selection questions). Just sit in the box and listen to both sides. Are there jurisdictions where jurors are sworn in on a bible?

Ytlaya posted:

Do jury members even have to do that? I was on a jury for an attempted murder case and never had to be sworn in. And why would I have had to, since it's not like the jury is testifying?

Actually, both times I was called for jury duty, they had us do it as a group in the waiting room before we got called for different courtrooms. And we had the option of either swearing on the bible or just affirming.

And nobody applauded.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Found this in my twitter feed this morning, in response to this video: https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/865787952579956736

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Pre-emptive apology for this being a multi-part Twitter rant:

https://twitter.com/mstharrington/status/875767578899210242

TL;DR for those who don't want to click: Self-congratulatory thread wherein a totally woke white chick goes off on a "clearly annoyed white woman" who wants to argue about getting a refund on a pair of shoes, gets thanked by the cashiers.

Includes, among many others, this gem:

https://twitter.com/mstharrington/status/875771648665845760

And a bunch of people fawning over her for being a hero.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

shit_that_did_happen_but_i_wish_it_didn't.txt

uuuugh

Why why why is it ALWAYS loving "Bohemian Rhapsody"?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Haifisch posted:

quote:

Bananas

The thing that pisses me off the most about this STDH is that the dude is a complete rear end in a top hat about stealing fruit from his friends. What the hell, motherfucker?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Comptroll The Forums posted:

No see, its so random that he just loves fruit and has to have it all the goddamn time. This is his personality quirk, carefully hand picked from the personality quirk database.

Now I'm imagining a character creator handbook like D&D, only for STDHers.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

This probably appeared in a previous iteration of this thread, but it just popped up in my life again, so I am sharing with all of you (again).

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Besesoth posted:

Comedy option: he didn't shower and put back on his dirty underwear, so everyone's eyes were watering too hard from his swamp-rear end to see what they were doing.

Comedy option #2: His dick is so small that his area is completely flat and the woman was reacting to what was apparently a Ken doll come to life.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

#GodShot :rolleyes:

Nine kids isn't much for the Quiverfull movement. She'd better get to work on making some more.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

A "fortune teller" would know better than to call an astrological sign a "zodiac." Unless of course, she's accusing him of being the Zodiac Killer. Maybe Ted Cruz wrote this.

quote:

Did some page Dr. Staywoke?

Mom is in for a rude surprise when the schools won't accept her special snowflake because it's not vaccinated.

... which reminds me, are indigo children still a thing, or has that parental fad finally run its course?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

This Imgur post

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

I'd like to think this happened, but I'm cynical enough to think it didn't. The comments seem to be a mixed bag of "totally STDH" and "yeah, it probably could have."

The rest of the story unfolds here.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

We [POLITICAL OPPONENT] people hate [THING YOU LIKE]

Yay! You got your old av back!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Assuming this were true, all it does is confirm for me that Dr. Who has the most insufferable fandom in the history of fandoms.

Edit: Getting your bell rung in a hockey game sometimes leads to misspellings that you don't notice until hours later. Original misspelling quoted and preserved for posterity in another post below.

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 03:03 on Aug 22, 2017

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

life is killing me posted:

Pathological liars and/or lying to make themselves look better and cooler to others because of low self-esteem

I was friends with a pathological liar once. The plural of anecdote =/= data, but if she's any indication, I'd guess that pathological liars simply can't help themselves. I'm sure she knew the stuff she was saying wasn't true, but she just kept at it anyway.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

This whole article reads like STDH ("I was a middle-school trolling master who spread lies about a forgettable 90s cartoon show that now everyone believes is true!") but he's got just enough stuff about his original posts that make me go "well... maybe?"

I think the thing is, maybe it's true that he made up a bunch of poo poo on old TV-Tropes-style websites just for shiggles, but now he's using a puppetmaster defense to explain how he was OMG totally actually conducting a giant social experiment all along.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

This is the :3:-est STDH I've ever seen and I am totally okay with it.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Look just tell me how much fetus goo I need to suck through a straw to make sure I never get sick again.

Annnnnd there goes my appetite.

Thanks!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

The_White_Crane posted:

Also Finn is clearly hooking up with Poe, so he can't possibly get with Rey. :colbert:

So... would make them Foe? or Pinn?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

At least it's funny...? :shrug:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Mr. Belpit posted:

(I put in my retail hell time with Target)

Same here. To this day, I cannot wear khakis or polos (red or otherwise).

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Katt posted:

Kind of harmless.

It's been done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXqlX0MAfFM&t=40s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

Just ripped that baby right out

RIP AND BEAr children.

You can have my baby when you rip it from my cold, dead uterus.

Oh, wait...