Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Panfilo posted:

I think you guys are really stretching it with that picture. It's just a couple plates of spaghetti and some Champaigne or whatever. I've seen plenty of pictures/posts of people talking about their SO making them dinner with a mediocre photograph on Facebook and nobody gives a poo poo about the quality of the photo, or food, or whether the bra in the background was a fat lady's bra.

Did these people ask for upvotes to show their SO that the Internet approves of their actions?

And yes, the spaghetti looks vile. Probably made using McCormick spaghetti seasoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I'm gonna go ahead and believe this one, because it's too funny not to.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Ya, I'm not buying it...

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

Upset at your parents for reasonably expecting you to take care of your living space?

You sure showed them by doing exactly what they wanted!

I get so tired of the "I'm taking AP classes" whine. They're not particularly difficult.

Khazar-khum posted:

Grandmother

If this were real, her grandmother would have beaten her six ways from Sunday for writing so poorly.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

quote:

This troper's karate instructor had a crowning moment of awesome 34 years ago. When he was a senior in college someone broke into his apartment to get drug money. The guy had a 12 gauge shotgun and bottle with some liquid in it. To make a long story short my instructor disarmed the dude, the bottle broke during this in which contained acid as a result lost his left eye when the acid got on his face and still beat the living poo poo out of the dude. My instructor punched the dude so hard in the face that he busted the guys skull even after the acid got on his face, but the dude had so many drugs and such in his system he didn't feel anything or very little. My instructor only regret in this deal is that he didn't kill the dude when it happened.

My favorite part about this one is that you know the writer whole-heartedly believes it.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

This troper doesn't know how long a minute is.

Ya. The overall story is quite plausible (my brother and I don't get along, but he saw me getting bullied and threatened the guy) but, like all troper tales, had to be exaggerated beyond believability.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Xen Tricks posted:

My favorite part is the one or two posters saying it didn't happen and then like 10 people screaming WE CAN NEVER HAVE FUN PEOPLE ARE SO CYNICAL AT MY HOTEL WE WOULD HAVE LOVED TO DO THIS

At least some people doubt it? Better than imgur

Any luxury hotel would do this, on one of two conditions:

1. You're a major VIP, and request it.
2. You pay a poo poo ton of money for them to do it.

So basically, this didn't happen.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

"I was the weirdo refusing to participate in a harmless social ritual on my first day of highschool. YAY ME!"

I like that she implies that she did the same thing to freshmen when she became a junior.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

If he could have left off the last two sentences, he would have had a funny, and somewhat believable, story. "Foreign mom confuses fat kids for thugs over Skype" is humorous. But no. Troopers can never leave well enough alone.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

WrenP-Complete posted:

But does it not hurt? Does it hurt some of the time and not others?

I've read a lot of lightning strike accounts, and it's wildly unpredictable. Some people report feeling nothing, others have severe pain. Some have no side effects, others have health issues for life.

Basically, it's a relatively plausible story, or at least it would be if it were on any other website.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

If Belgium is anything like Italy was, avoiding knowledge of UEFA requires more than lack of concern for sports. It requires willful ignorance of everyone and everything around you.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

This one makes me laugh every time I see it, which puts it a good deal ahead of most other stdh.

It amazes me that anyone can see it as anything other than a somewhat funny joke.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't get the Video one. Why would the lyrics and/or the meaning thereof matter one bit? What the gently caress was he spared from?

That's the best one, frankly, because the guy can't even craft a good fake story.

"I accidentally used a thematically inappropriate piece of music for a slideshow, but no one noticed and nothing bad happened" is the most banal story ever written, but the writer is desperate to be a part of the community that he thinks is full of real stories, so he writes it anyway.

I mean, at the minimum he should have added someone getting upset, a bon mot, and making out with the head cheerleader.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

I can believe people assuming in 1999 that DVD would be a fad. It didn't really take off and surpass VHS til around 01

I knew a guy who would slap the floor demo DVD players, watch the image get garbled, and say that DVD sucked.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

InediblePenguin posted:

y'all the joke was that rather than correctly interpret the sentence as describing a small boy with a pink bow, who was smacked by a man, the poster drolly pretended to interpret it as a man wearing a pink bow, who smacked a boy

subtlety doesn't play well here.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I laughed.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

how does that lead to sex

That's something that I would like to know, but also really don't want to know.

You know, if it wasn't all fake.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Nobody would appreciate living in an apartment adjacent to a piano player no matter how good they are. The only worse thing would probably be a drum player.

Yep.

I have a shared townhouse wall with a really good pianist. Sometimes it's nice. Most of the time I wish they would just stop playing so I could have some peace and quiet.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

hogmartin posted:

OK, I give up, could someone explain this?

It's an Overwatch joke.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Captain Monkey posted:

I wouldn't call a corporate headquarters in New Hampshire, or a first location in Memphis the 'deep south'. More Midwest/ sorta South.

Maybe Tennessee counts as the deep south, but they're much more a sort of eastern coast of the south and also the midwest store. Not that that's an important bit of information, I've just never even seen one despite growing up in/around the South, and always thought of them as more of a midwestern chain.

vv Oh, huh. I guess I never really went to Georgie, because lol why would you?

Memphis is considered Mid-South, thank you very much. Definitely not Midwest.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

wow a whole lot of people in here trying to realize these fake stories

Eh. Kids do stuff like this sometimes. My kids write stupid letters like this as part of their pretend games.

The definite STDH is whatever story the parent is telling about the kid trying to pass it off as real.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, but I think the scammiest part is, as I have read it, is that you really make little or no money from actual sales. From what I have read (And remember from my ex-wife's time in Mary Kay, IRRC) you only REALLY make the money with your "downline" or the people you recruit into the company, and, in some companies, manage supplying to. And your "upline" makes their money of you and yours and so on and so on...

I live in Utah, which is ground zero for MLM stupidity.

MLMs are increasingly forcing their affiliates to buy large amounts of starter stock (Lularoe and lipsense are both really bad in this regard). You have no say in what is included in the kit, and the company will not buy back unsold stock.

Making money as an affiliate requires you to constantly sucker new people into joining your down line and purchasing these starter kits. Since the majority of those people will never purchase anything past the initial kit, that first purchase is your only real source of income.

The company will also charge you out the nose for leadership conferences, qualified leads, and any other garbage they can think of.

Once it's all said and done, most people lose stupid amounts of money on MLMs.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

From the"Pro Revenge" subreddit:

How do people write stuff like this and think that it makes them look good? He is literally writing himself as a cliche 80s movie villain.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Fruit Smoothies posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40056693

Girl, 11, accuses school of war crime in feedback form.

I'm the mismatched pencil colors AND the different handwriting.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

The '97 valedictorian from my high school got busted selling cocaine during his freshman year at an Ivy League school. So ya, smart people do lots of dumb things.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Something tells me that person has never actually cooked with chili peppers. :thunk:

A roommate I didn't like made the mistake of slicing dried chili peppers and then scratching his balls.

Gave the rest of us a good laugh.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Haifisch posted:

I'd call this low-hanging fruit but we just had a NAR story, so...

He quit a clinic that was required as part of his law degree, then immediately started his own clinic, presumably before passing the bar and being allowed to practice?

Ya, this doesn't hold up to even the slightest scrutiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

When I saw The Matrix: Reloaded (what a waste of money) some guy kept loudly commenting on everything. Like "Ah ya, let's go!" type garbage.

It just make an already sucky movie suck even more.