Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

axolotl farmer posted:

Tumblr, Disney and an adorable precocious child :rolleye:

Incredible restraint on the writer's part not to end this one with marriage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Gloomy Rube posted:

I've done vendor work for Target and they have the most strict dress code. If you wear anything resembling their uniform (Red top, khaki-ish bottoms) they won't let you in, you have to change before you can work, and they make you take a test about their rules too so you know, so I kinda can believe the first part, not so much the "I'm scanning stuff now" part which is obviously fake for a lot of reasons. (Like, employees have to sign into the system before they can start working, that was also part of the test)

I mean the first pic in the series gives it away; he's wearing a Target decal shirt that tends to be available only through the employee system. Also he couldn't have bought his game at a discount without entering an employee number.

His story's pretty obvs bullshit even if you don't know these little details, but knowing makes it pretty clear he actually just started working there recently and thought he was making a hilarious story for social media points.

(I put in my retail hell time with Target)

Mr. Belpit has a new favorite as of 15:55 on Nov 28, 2017

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

Did you call them one by one or did you do a group call?

So old he probably talked to them in person.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

YOU PAID TOO MUCH posted:

Maybe it's just because my eyes glaze over when I get to the middle part and I didn't notice it, but the original pretense for this rant just totally dissolves after the "She sighed then continued", doesn't it? Like it obviously becomes the author's own voice at that point and the pronouns get even more vague. I especially like the parenthetical asides, and the author's apparent iron-clad memory. I guess there's probably supposed to be a transition somewhere in there but it's too poorly written.

Nah, you're spot on, and it's a common thing in kids-these-days chain mail STDHs aimed at olds.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
You could add a side note, where and when appropriate, that X happened while they were still using their former public identity.

Not appropriate in all cases, of course; it's more of a comprehensive biography situation.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

hyperhazard posted:

Does anyone have a link to that A/T thread about the yakuza that was derailed by the girl who claimed to be a hitman? She had stories about killing people with syringes of poison and an initiation that included being beaten and locked in dog cages. And of course she was best of the best even though she was still in high school. The number of people defending her was crazy.

I wish I could find it, it was great. Specifically, OP was in a Korean street gang in 90s California as a teenager, just doing petty street rat stuff and getting into bullshit fights.

Then some chick came in all "yeah same but on the east coast" at first but she built up an overwrought story of personally stealth assassinating dozens of people, becoming the teenage leader of all east coast Asian crime after promising to avenge her brother... then she walked away from it all and graduated from an Ivy League school like it was no biggie. I think she drove off the more interesting (and believable) OP after basically hijacking the thread.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Furia posted:

I don't know what this is and I can't understand it but I know it belongs here

I guess "relationship goals" has crossed over to the realm of meaninglessness.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

It was only $.50 for a milk, but I left it on your mother's nightstand this morning.

Wow, left a tip and everything!

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Lunch date at a random McDonald's and Beyoncé conveniently tags her sister's whole first name to her question.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
Yeah the whole digression about how he sold the stuff was a weird bit of "I think I come off as a badass this way".

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Araenna posted:

What loving cinema has assigned seats? Do they even have seat numbers? I've never even looked.

In addition to what other posters have said, reserved, numbered seats have been the norm in many countries outside the US for a long time :eng101: Though I suspect the STDH writer here is from the US.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It has been said before, but the worst thing about those types of stdh's is the inclusion of the comments. It's like they don't trust the reader to have their own natural reaction, so they just tell you how to react.

I've always likened that to a laugh track in a mediocre sitcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Besesoth posted:

And the guy running the party says "why don't you guys each give a beer to this one dude and I'm sure he'll be grateful and start handing out the good stuff."

and like half that group think that's a fantastic idea, and anyone who complains wants to ruin this otherwise great party