Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Mr. Belpit posted:

For anyone who didn't follow the last thread, the Not Always X series of bullshit publishers make very heavy edits to their submissions to make them more cookie-cutter same-y. The editors (tbh probably just one guy) are apparently from the UK, so stories submitted from the US by Americans will occasionally have incongruous Britishisms. The example from this story isn't the most egregious, but still.

That's good to know. I thought there were just a lot of weeaboos but for British culture that submitted stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Don't start trying to make troper tales more understandable, that way lies madness.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

some tough cool troper posted:

Being motivated by righteous anger can really up your chances in a fight.
No it can't and it's super sad to see page after page of people who, if they even actually fought someone, probably started crying and flailing at them until the other person felt bad for them and left.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Why even bother with some dumb poo poo like that? Your point could be made without the "A real person sent me texts like this" and also, how hard is it to come up with harassing texts? Thathe text is like if an alien crash landed and the first person he met was a Klan member and this is the first time he's ever tried to be racist.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

your friend a dog posted:

snoopy didnt say that poo poo you lying gently caress

New thread title

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

sweeperbravo posted:

The amount of effort that went into that is completely disproportionate to its actual humor

That's too long for a thread title.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

1. Most of what kids say is weird and they don't care.
2. Kids don't care about skin color until parents tell them to.

From my experience.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

As if it wasn't obnoxious enough to have tropes they are examples of, they have to also include ones that don't apply or that they subvert. I would want troopers to gently caress off forever if the poo poo they wrote wasn't so stupid it was funny.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I feel like that I might have believed it as a teacher's attempt to encourage what seems to be a pretty bad student but any teacher who can't be bothered to write out "because" can suck a duck.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

The friend never got on the bus. Too fat.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

life is killing me posted:

I'm sure the pizza delivery man was super interested in this flat earth fellow and what he had to say, and not at all just enduring this guy's diatribe so he could at least have a small glimmer of hope of being tipped

I feel like if you're a delivery person and someone starts sharing conspiracy theories, it's like a really long road around to the idea you are not getting a tip.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

"Apparently this profound and strange intelligence doesn't extend to punctuation," said the goon about the STDH, before dismissing the idea of using a period at the end of his sentence

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

What joke was going to get him reprimanded? Just saying "nice"?

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

All the youtubers get older but their fans stay the same age.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Pretty much the same for me. The worst stdh is your own.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

The worst part of that kids obnoxious bullshit is they come so close to self awareness at the end but then they say the most unique award was given and it was the last time it was flattering.

No, it wasn't. That's always a bullshit award for the kids who didn't get anything else so the teachers have to make something else up to protect that kids feelings.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I was very confused as to why someone would bring pancakes to a barbecue. Thanks for the link.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I feel like he probably dresses like that every time he goes to Target so he can get closer to his prey.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Usually I'm pretty lenient when someone is exaggerating or making a joke but that's not even funny. It's just a portrait of a woman on the edge.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

This reminds me that there were goons who actually believed 50 Foot Ant's stories in the old ghost story thread.

Or his game thread where the owner of a game store always let him and his cool army friends and hot, pregnant wife play whenever they want but they had to deal with an insane caricature of a goony nerd.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

Now that you mention it I do remember seeing those kind of Makeup counters in Debenhams. I guess I just never knew how they worked.

Now that makeup has been mentioned, it makes a lot more sense. I was picturing a department store with a bunch of different larger products and how ridiculous the whole system would be.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

It's not the phrase itself, which I've heard before and even said. It's just the STDH expecting me to believe that a child said that. Just another STDH like all the others where the most cringe-worthy things to me are when parents want people to believe that their children say things that adults say as if the child understands what they're saying.

It's just weird, "To the moon and back, I do," which doesn't reconcile with all the questions the child is supposedly asking that don't exactly tell us they'd throw that phrase in.

I know, I know. It's STDH.

For some reason it struck me as very anachronistic, like whoever wrote that just watched some Shirley Temple movie and was basically writing her as his daughter.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I actually kind of believe that one because they didn't spell out everything that happened. In convenience stores and places like Family Dollar, they often only have one employee at a time so if the boss was supposed to come in and replace the person but didn't show up or call to say what's happening, they could just lock the store and leave a note that is directed towards a specific person and not have to say "I came in and worked 6-8 hours and then waited for you".

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

No, for some reason, sometimes a coupon that's supposed to be two dollars off of a five dollar item works for the dollar version of the item and then a coupon queen Facebook group will spread that info around. Most cashiers don't notice or care but if the store catches on, they'll start checking coupons. It's one of the reasons I'm glad I got out of retail.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Zelder posted:

Finally I can die happy

Thank you for your service.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

The guy he's going to fight seems to be an actual trained boxer, how did he get so far in over his head?

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

sebmojo posted:

I gave my name as dumb starbucks name joke and no-one bothered shouting it out! Result, try it!

One time I gave my name as "Frodo" because I thought it would make my girlfriend laugh and I felt like a huge dork doing it and then she went to the bathroom before they called me and also we broke up like 3 months later. Result, try it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I'm pretty sure there's a horror story that starts like this but they start bringing him teeth and bones and more birds come and pretty soon he's getting hundreds of small human teeth and bones.